First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m curious to what some of you guys and gals will be doing to your broncos, suspension wise. There so much on the market right but everything is still backed up but little by little coming out. Was wondering if you guys will be doing Mid-Travel or Long- Travel kits and what companies to. I’m waiting personally for my Radflo 2.5 coilovers to come in and equip it either with SVC’s Mid travel kit which might be till the end of the year or Evil Mfg’a mid travel kit coming out soon around the summer.
Sponsored

Bcol2012

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't done anything yet (probably won't for at least another year) but have been looking at the Baja Kits Prerunner kit and RPG mid travel kit. Baja Kits seem to have more options such as sway bar links, trailing arms etc. My only hesitation is that in order to square up the rear with the fronts you have to install 2" wheel spacers (at least for the Baja Kits one). I don't have any experience with wheel spacers but 2" seems big especially after all of the warnings I've seen about using them.

OP
OP
Atoledo95

Atoledo95

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven't done anything yet (probably won't for at least another year) but have been looking at the Baja Kits Prerunner kit and RPG mid travel kit. Baja Kits seem to have more options such as sway bar links, trailing arms etc. My only hesitation is that in order to square up the rear with the fronts you have to install 2" wheel spacers (at least for the Baja Kits one). I don't have any experience with wheel spacers but 2" seems big especially after all of the warnings I've seen about using them.
I was thinking the same and heard the same as well about the spacers. Baja kits does call my name more but I want to wait maybe till summer to see what else comes out.

Tbrownski

Black Diamond
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2019 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Apparently foutz Motorsport a will be releasing a long travel kit in the next couple weeks as well. I’m waiting for theirs to compare it against the Bajakits

OP
OP
Atoledo95

Atoledo95

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Apparently foutz Motorsport a will be releasing a long travel kit in the next couple weeks as well. I’m waiting for theirs to compare it against the Bajakits
I’ll check them out.
I would love LT but for daily driving I’d do Mid Travel better since it’s my everyday rig. I would love to see a Baja kits equipped bronco in person to check it out

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Long travel or nothing for me, mid travel is more time and expense than its worth.
Unfortunately, only one company is offering a true long travel kit that actually increases wheel travel, and you have to buy it along with a thousand other packaged things.
I'm going to wait a while to see what might come out, and if nothing substantial happens within the next year or so, I'll just fab one up myself.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Isn't Marlin Crawler developing one too?

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dont hold your breath on that one. Isn't their lead time over 100 weeks for the 4 runner kits right now. I saw some horror stories about how long it takes to get all the parts for those.

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I heard a few guys wishing there was an RCLT for the Bronco, one of them emailed, I spammed one of their youtube videos, but I haven't heard a peep out of Marlin about it. The RCLT would be more inline with what I'd want for the Bronco though, as opposed to something like an XLT kit from Solo. They both give good travel, the XLT being the clear winner in that regard, but the RCLT affords more rear axle articulation...something you don't really want on a desert truck

OP
OP
Atoledo95

Atoledo95

Outer Banks
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the Radflo coilovers which I’m hoping work with any of these. Because I heard with Baja kits you need a custom bolt thingy but they’ve fixed it supposedly already. Also Evil Mfg should be releasing a kit soon by summer i believe.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you think Marlin Crawler is in a position to make Bronco parts think again. Big Mike is dealing with a lot, RIP Marlin.

Big Mike is also a huge Toyota guy, the shame he had to bear riding in my big gay Chevy to school was priceless.

Bcol2012

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking the same and heard the same as well about the spacers. Baja kits does call my name more but I want to wait maybe till summer to see what else comes out.
So I have a dumb question (new to modifying off-road vehicles). These mid travel kits are 3" per side plus the extra 1" you get from the 0 offset needed (assuming you're starting with the +30 Sasquatch offset). In order to "square up" the back end you need 2" wheel spacers (per Baja Kits), which I am not a fan of. However I also just realized this only brings the back out 3" compared to the 4" on the front. Am I missing something or is that something you just live with on these kits? Are there other alternatives to make them both roughly the same? Maybe the Dana 50 from the Raptor? @Tex & @Snacktime seem to have a lot of experience so maybe they can weigh in also.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I have a dumb question (new to modifying off-road vehicles). These mid travel kits are 3" per side plus the extra 1" you get from the 0 offset needed (assuming you're starting with the +30 Sasquatch offset). In order to "square up" the back end you need 2" wheel spacers (per Baja Kits), which I am not a fan of. However I also just realized this only brings the back out 3" compared to the 4" on the front. Am I missing something or is that something you just live with on these kits? Are there other alternatives to make them both roughly the same? Maybe the Dana 50 from the Raptor? @Tex & @Snacktime seem to have a lot of experience so maybe they can weigh in also.
You either live with it, install bigger spacers if you like to live dangerously, or you get a custom axle made to match the front (better if one already exists, like the raptor). The guys that are adding a lot of width to their a-arms with LT kits likely already intend on swapping axles out to something tougher anyway, so they just specify what width they want when they buy them.

There's actually some benefit from the rear being narrower. Helps with turning radius, keeps your rear tires out of the middle of the rut you created with the front tires, and it tracks a little better offroad. Most trucks and whatnot are set up that way from the factory. On uneven or heavily crowned roads, you might notice a little less stability if the width disparity is great enough, as you'll have two different widths wanting to track their own separate ways, because they're seeing different parts of the road. It's not a serious problem, just something that requires a little steering input. Even widths are okay as well, but what you really don't want to do is have more width in the rear than the front, as you'll definitely see handling and steering issues.
Sponsored