First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well that's about... 1500-2000 in parts. And then convincing someone with FDRS to do the programing.
You can get an FDRS license for as little as $50 and the adapter was $120.
Sponsored

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 350 Tremor, 2002 Excursion 7.3L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Or you can pay 20x that for the Snap-on one I bought. Almost a shame Joe Schmoe can't just go rent one lol.

@mpeugeot can you repost what model you bought? Nobody should pay what I did lmfao

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, here's where I'm at in life, and not without its issues:

Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" PXL_20231014_162616612
Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" PXL_20231014_162634319

It works, but not flawlessly.
A) Ford Sync maps only function is showing where I am at, nothing else works/is selectable. However, the nav section accessible via the steering wheel controls does indeed show correct distances say, to a gas station... but won't give directions lol. Go figure. Pretty sure this is going to be something potentially remedied by removing and reactivating the Bronco from my Fordpass app, so hopefully it'll either give me (or not) the option to buy maps and mend this issue, though I'm torn whether or not I care as long as I have the "where in BFE am I?" GPS. 99% of phones are radio tower GPS- don't get complacent, or you'll get lost.
B) Reverse cam black screen; I only have the 1 camera and I'm not adding them
C) Android Auto Nav amusingly has had seizures. While whipping donuts at 70mph sounds fun, I did not have it- snow is coming, maybe then. Might also have been a hot phone, or just terrible reception, though I did attempt moving the phone inside the cabin to see if anything helped. Nupe lol
D) Sync voice refused to register me asking it to play songs from Yahoo music via Android Auto. This may again be bad cell reception, but it also brought up the remote possibility that the the Sync voice is just as bad as Sync 3, which does not like me after I called her a lot of naughty words in wifey's truck. This function DID indeed work well on the 8" APIM/screen.

I won't have time to do any write-up until probably right after Thanksgiving due to workload and finishing home projects so cars can be parked in their winter spots before snow actually flies, and I will also have some time I will need to spend with Forscan, and maybe even another run in FDRS to see if I can nix these 4 issues. While I spent the money on the project, the assist I needed was Brian at Roseville Midway Ford who got to play with every possible wire part number for the nav to function, so huge shout out to him, who is probably at least half-way done with his peanut butter whiskey I tipped him with.

Addendum: the compass is also grievously inaccurate. Round-trip to Wisconsin the compass read N/NE, and the final turn home we were heading E/NW... that might be as simple as recalibrating the compass, which I think is covered in the owners manual

Last edited:

Sponsored

DeltaBronc

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think sometime early next year, after the 2024s have been rolling off the line and we see what a Big Bend w/ a 12 inch screen entails as far as specific parts go, I'll start dropping money into this as well.

Between knowing what a Big Bend needs with the parts and being able to look at a willing 2024s owners BB in ForScan I imagine we can find the missing pieces of the puzzles (ie volume knob showing numbers again) in there.

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I nixed my nav testing out the "GPS via TCU" option, but I did get the reverse cam to work. Has to be digital rear cam disabled or something along those lines. In addition to all the work during the week, weekend projects have been stacking up and kicking our tail. Relocated family trailer plus his 2 cars ('49 Chev sedan delivery and a '50 Pontiac Chieftain), so that was fun in addition to electrical repair on brothers '66 Muskrat... and that was just yesterday. These weekends are what really keeps me from the writeup lol. Today: hardtop and remove rear seats because we are getting our Great Dane puppy this coming Thursday, and our 5yr old Dane loves the massive room of the Excursion, so critter comforts lmfao. I'll get to Forscan later today, but busy busy busy house chores plus Bronco stuff.

I'm trying, everyone!!! I'll get you the bare-bones, straight to the point swap info, I promise!!!

Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" 1000000743

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You may have to play with the APIM/ACM AsBuilt in FORSCAN to get the volume working ok. I managed to bork my volume knob (still adjusts volume but reads 0)

Has something to do with either 7D0-01-01 or 727-01-01 I believe.
***** 7D0-01-01 = 0101 0303 06E7 *****
Nabbed it from an ecosport forum
Ford Bronco Might be possible to upgrade 8" infotainment screen to 12" 1000000744
t or something, but volume numbers do stuff now lol

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Forgot to post the compass issue; which now seems to be related to either Android Auto or Google maps nav and perhaps the "GPS/Nav in IPC" line in Forscan. Mind the audio, as most of you have seen I am often "NSFW" and I have no idea how loud it may play. Also since I was driving I didn't catch the teleportation but right before I moved to show the compass issue the arrow turned right, and that's not even close to how bad it was that made me take the video.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Most awesome work.

Sponsored

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sjortiz

Badlands
First Name
Shailyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd buy this shit if it guarantees to get rid of the super dumb split screen....any way to get rid of the factory navigation and replace it with a different feed?
there is an update that makes car play go full screen

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

there is an update that makes car play go full screen
You can also add/remove many functions via Forscan as well, like disabling factory NAV. If you want, I could give you my VIN (which should be plastered in most Ford service pics) which is super-base 8" programming... While Android Auto isn't perfect, and a lot of that might be the garbage programming I'm trying to replace today, I have been able to get Google maps to pop up next to factory (no navigation, but very accurate map) nav screen.

Sorry for all i-people out there, I only know 1 person with an iPhone and it's hard for us to link up, so Android crap is all I can help with

Edit: phrase correction

Last edited:

Schwaggle

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm just gonna throw this out there to anyone who uses FDRS/FJRS fairly regularly:

Has anyone had an APIM that recognizes the flash drive, but shows no signs of it updating/installing? Flash drive named "Sync" and it shows it registers, indexes, indexing complete and none of the "please wait..." Totally possible I'm just impatient, also possible I'm distracted by my 6yr old and 11 week old great danes...
Sponsored