Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The thing you missed with that is its under the current allocation system not the new one. Nobody should be OK with that, but someone will step right in and buy that Bronco ADM or not. That type of customer is where you need to place your argument.
No... he was on this very thread brow beating us like you. Go help him out. He's getting screwed. By something he said would never happen, yet here he is dealing with it out of the blue. He doesn't deserve the rug pull just like rug pull on the numbers game. It's all part of the big game Ford is allowing to be played. I can't believe a Fortune 500 company bowing down to a bunch of shady ass dealerships.

I helped him out. Tweet, retweet and guess what, I didn't beat him up over what he should or shouldn't have known ahead of time. I just simply feel bad for the guy and his situation. Pretty tough to do, isn't it?
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly, I have a piece of paper with
market Value Selling Price (set at MSRP)
Dealer doc fees
Tax
Non-tax fees
Net price
deposit already paid
Balance

If it’s anything other than that when I finally go to take delivery, then I leave cash in hand to buy a Gladiator, and never look at a Ford again.
You're still here huh.... misery loves company type thing or what?
giphy.gif

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree, the other 2 dealers seem to have kept their numbers within reason and Ford will take care of them.
Granger doesn't account for the whole 2% Mike referred to, so which dealers do you think will round out that 2%?

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One of your 98% buyers just got the rug pulled out from under him over in his thread. Dealer charging him $10k over agreed upon price. You cool with that too? Or was that always there and you knew about that too?

giphy.gif
Well if he has the agreed upon price in writing (Which every one should) he has legal options. How people did not get a signed quote when ordering baffles me.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well if he has the agreed upon price in writing (Which every one should) he has legal options. How people did not get a signed quote when ordering baffles me.
I'll believe it when I see it. Seems like we're about to see a flood of these orders, who thought they had it all locked up, find out otherwise. At least that's my gut feeling after this week.

He supposedly did, but the sheet I saw didn't have a dealer signature and to top it off his friend was his salesperson. I really don't think anyone should feel like they are safe. TBH, everyone here should have a backup plan, no matter how locked up you think your deal is.

Sponsored

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a realist, do you believe that huge ADM is a realistic long term situation that Ford would let continually happen?
There is two sides to the ADM situation. One is between dealers and people who will pay up big to get a car that is hot and they want NOW and didn't reserve and order for themselves. This is not Ford's problem and has always been around as long as hot cars that are hard to get have been around.

The other side of the ADM situation is when dealers throw ADM's on unexpectedly to people who reserved and ordered their bronco through a dealer following the whole process like most of us here. Ford should absolutely stop this horseshit from happening and make any reservation converted to an order and delivered to original person to be sold at MSRP.

OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just for the record, your "legal options" involve a lawyer, which will charge more than than the ADM costs.
Short of that you're stuck reporting it to you state's attorney general's office... which wouldn't get you nearly as far as you'd think it would as by the time they investigate if they find any wrong-doing they'll just fine the dealership. Probably less than the ADM they made selling your order to someone else in the first place. All the while you're still out a bronco.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the two options are dealers or communism? You set up a false dichotomy to make the choice you prefer more palatable. Nice.
Of course. If someone is going to compare the dealership model to a Mexican drug cartel, I am going to bring in the Soviet Union car sales model. Why not? Aren't truck forums supposed to be a shit storm of ridiculous posts? It's all in good fun.

Anyway, it's not a false dichotomy; just a regular dichotomy.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course. If someone is going to compare the dealership model to a Mexican drug cartel, I am going to bring in the Soviet Union car sales model. Why not? Aren't truck forums supposed to be a shit storm of ridiculous posts anyway?

Anyway, it's not a false dichotomy. Just a regular dichotomy.
It is a false dichotomy as those aren't the only choices

Sponsored

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is a false dichotomy as those aren't the only choices
A dichotomy is simply a stark contrast between 2 different things. Soviet Union car model, vs US dealership model.

goodnterribles

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm not a Granger order. I ordered my Bronco at MSRP from Dirt Mountain, and I'm not really sure what their allocation is and what place I am in line. What I do know is, if Ford didn't want to deal with this scenario, they shouldn't have done a reservation system. And if they did a reservation system, they shouldn't have told people they could order through any dealer they wanted. And if they didn't want a handful of smaller dealers getting so many orders at the expense of larger dealers, they shouldn't have allowed that many orders to be made through a specific dealer. And if they still had no problem with that, they shouldn't have told all of the people who reserved very early on that their reservation place in line matters a lot and, to the best of their ability, their Bronco would be built based on that place in line.
The blame for this does not fall on any of the dealers who offered a great deal and/or great service. It's not COVID's fault, or Webasto, or labor shortages, or chip shortages, or smallpox, or the customers who ordered from these dealers. The big dealers aren't even to blame either. This 100% on Ford. They could fix it (if they wanted) and build the converted reservations in the order they were reserved, and going forward base everything on allocations.

LABRONCO58

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Considering all of the posters that are posting that all the dealers in their area i.e. in Chicago 5 dealers are marking up and treating customers poorly, those of us that are being treated properly are fortunate. Maybe we need a thread about positive dealer experiences that spread the word on all the other dealers that are doing well by their customers. Tuttle Click has treated me well.
Also Tuttle click. You get your ride yet? Did they mark up?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No... he was on this very thread brow beating us like you. Go help him out. He's getting screwed. By something he said would never happen, yet here he is dealing with it out of the blue. He doesn't deserve the rug pull just like rug pull on the numbers game. It's all part of the big game Ford is allowing to be played. I can't believe a Fortune 500 company bowing down to a bunch of shady ass dealerships.

I helped him out. Tweet, retweet and guess what, I didn't beat him up over what he should or shouldn't have known ahead of time. I just simply feel bad for the guy and his situation. Pretty tough to do, isn't it?
It has to be under the current allocation guidelines. The 22's haven't rolled out yet. The problem is Ford can't control what a dealer charges. The dealers have laws on their side. The most you could hope for is the dealer would cave to social pressure. With many dealers struggling to just get inventory to sell, I wouldn't even count on that to work. The dealer knows someone not willing to wait will quickly grab that Bronco.
Sponsored