Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its a new year. There was never any guarantee the rules would stay the same. Levine says 98% of customers will be fine. A lot of companies would kill to be able to produce that level of satisfaction.
One of your 98% buyers just got the rug pulled out from under him over in his thread. Dealer charging him $10k over agreed upon price. You cool with that too? Or was that always there and you knew about that too?

giphy.gif
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only one here trying to discredit what he said last August is you and the many others claiming it was “always allocations.”

Because it wasn’t, it changed.
Show me where I ever said always allocations, I'll wait.....You seem so desperate to keep your argument alive that you're making stuff up.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I tried pointing that out a year ago and the dealer got mad at me for my comments. The usual suspects jumped all over me. Here they are, still defending something that didn't work.
Yeah - I guess they are going to fight on or die on the “Ford promised in July 2020” hill.

I need to stop looking at these threads. I think the Chapman and SAC folks may be ok because the numbers weren’t completely outrageous, and it would be easy for Ford to slip a few extras to other local small dealers. Granger is going to be a long slow loud train wreck …

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One of your 98% buyers just got the rug pulled out from under him over in his thread. Dealer charging him $10k over agreed upon price. You cool with that too? Or was that always there and you knew about that too?
According to the guy you're quoting, the rules are allowed to change at any time, so by his own logic he HAS to be cool with it, or else he would be either A) a hypocrite, or B) arguing in bad faith (which is just a hypocrite with extra layers)

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah - I guess they are going to fight on or die on the “Ford promised in July 2020” hill.

I need to stop looking at these threads. I think the Chapman and SAC folks may be ok because the numbers weren’t completely outrageous, and it would be easy for Ford to slip a few extras to other local small dealers. Granger is going to be a long slow loud train wreck …
Yet... Here you are. Welcome back.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's the 21st century. The market is very different than the 1900s. Ford is trying to adjust, just not fast enough. They have a lot of new ideas about their products and their business strategies, but right now many of the dealers are fighting to keep the old method in place of grabbing a customer who walks in and trying to get as much money out of them as possible.

Give it another ten years and tons of car dealers are going to be crying and scratching their heads just like Blockbuster.

(BTW... Our city has a huge video rental store that is amazing! And it exists because they adapted and changed.)

People don't need to buy cars from car dealers anymore. It's an antiquated business that is losing its purpose, just like Blockbuster. And the dealers who will survive are the ones who will adapt and change.

OP
OP

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First they came for the Granger Diehards and I didn't speak out because I didn't order at Granger
Then they came for the Chapmans and SAC and I didn't speak out because I was buying elsewhere
Then they came for the ADM and I didn't speak out because I thought I was getting MSRP
Then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak for me

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Supply and demand. Unless the demand goes away, nothing will change.

Maybe we should get the federal government to run car distribution. Fixed price with no dealer representation. Like they did in the USSR. That worked. Cars were 1 price and you bought direct. :)
So the two options are dealers or communism? You set up a false dichotomy to make the choice you prefer more palatable. Nice.

Sponsored

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its a new year. There was never any guarantee the rules would stay the same. Levine says 98% of customers will be fine. A lot of companies would kill to be able to produce that level of satisfaction.
Really, I got this email from Ford Oct 8, 2021, 5:03 PM. notice the first things Ford mentions is timestamps, configurations and restraints "parts" they don’t even mention the words dealership allocations instead they refer it to the number of vehicles your dealership receives. No mention of changing the way they are allocating Broncos for dealerships:
FORD: We get it. Placing another order is inconvenient, but we hope it will be worth it when you take on that first adventure in your new Bronco SUV.
Just as important, we want to reassure you that you will not incur an increase in the MSRP as part of this model-year change. And that your reservation time stamp has not changed. All Bronco orders will continue to be prioritized according to the time they were reserved, vehicle model and configuration, part availability and the number of vehicles your dealer receives. Please note, the Bronco price protection program is for 2021 Bronco two- and four-door order and reservation holders recorded as of March 19, 2021.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC giphy
The thing you missed with that is its under the current allocation system not the new one. Nobody should be OK with that, but someone will step right in and buy that Bronco ADM or not. That type of customer is where you need to place your argument.

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
How are these dealers pricing any orders customers walk away from? Are they giving their waitlisted people first shot?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

First they came for the Granger Diehards and I didn't speak out because I didn't order at Granger
Then they came for the Chapmans and SAC and I didn't speak out because I was buying elsewhere
Then they came for the ADM and I didn't speak out because I thought I was getting MSRP
Then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak for me
Honestly, I have a piece of paper with
market Value Selling Price (set at MSRP)
Dealer doc fees
Tax
Non-tax fees
Net price
deposit already paid
Balance

If it’s anything other than that when I finally go to take delivery, then I leave cash in hand to buy a Gladiator, and never look at a Ford again.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I agree, the other 2 dealers seem to have kept their numbers within reason and Ford will take care of them.
Sponsored