First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Let’s see Jeep stop making Wranglers for 25 years, then reintroduce the model in 2046 in the middle of an epidemic caused by another novel coronavirus that wreaks havoc on supply chains. Only then can you compare ordering a bronco to ordering we a wrangler.
Job 1 was originally scheduled for Dec 2020 with ramp up by 2nd quarter 2021. Ford was fully aware of supply issues at that time. Today in Oct 2021 they are barely trickling out.
Yes it's not the same and Jeep should be producing more but Ford has bungled the Bronco production outside of supply issues.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Capitalism is great, Ford can choose to tilt the playing field any way they can to maximize profits or to be spiteful to a subset of their dealers.
Unfortunately what works the best financially is not always the best way to build a "Lifestyle Brand" which Ford has stated is their goal. They don't have a clear concept of what they want and it shows in this disaster of a launch.
I doubt the average Ford customer is even aware of most of the goings on. They are living life and checking in with their dealer to look for updates on their Bronco. The 5% of us here are so close to the source that we see all of the ups and downs and some overreact to each one of them.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lies!

Chapman is 5mins from me. And I transferred out and got another dealer local to me (10mins) to commit to MSRP with no issues.

Not sure who these 6 other dealers you called, but I guess I must've got lucky and found the only one you didn't call. (odd too, it was literally the first other dealer I called) 🤷‍♂️

I signed a buyers order with them in January when I ordered for MSRP. Zero issues.

Sorry, I tried to stay out of this thread after my thread blew up. But misinformation to support the narrative of 'no dealer would agree to MSRP' is simply just adding gas to the fire.

It's simply not true.
My dealer hare in AZ is at MSRP. They told me they've never in history charged ADM on any vehicle and wern't about to start with Bronco.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just did a search: How many Ford locations are there in the United States in 2021? There are 3,005 Ford locations in the United States as of September 28, 2021.

On this site it says 700-800 per day when 75% are Bronco, but we know that hasn't happen, so if they produce 10,000 -15,000 per month depending on the supply chain how many have been produced to date?

Let's for easy math sake, say it's 60,000 to date... I don't think they even got there yet (give me the real numbers if you have them). But for simple math, that's only an average of 20 units per dealer, there is no way a larger dealer with a great deal of lobbying power and money is going to let smaller dealers take any of their allotment. Ford may be taking the hit publicly wise, but in reality it's those dealers that are forcing Ford to shut down Garger's pipeline of what they think is their allotment due to Garger using the reservations system to sell units that they didn't already have, own or have any control over.

Ganger would need 40 units a week to fill 800 reservations in a year, that's full time job at a large metro dealer, did they really think a truck was going to show up at their dealership every day with Broncos while driving by every other dealer screaming for units?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How did they outsell their fair share? By competing fairly in the marketplace against complacent juggernauts who are more than happy to hose their customers?
Based on allocation, they had a close idea of what to expect they would get and sold way beyond that amount. That's why people are calling them out. They should have done something like first 500 get this offer.

Sponsored

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Its still just coming down to - no I can't get a local dealer to commit to MSRP. in fact they are going to hold out for the walk-in moron who knows little to nothing about the Bronco & pay $100K cash. So as it is right now I've been told "many years" & I know that equates to five years (maybe six) how is that even realistic? If it weren't so sickening it'd be funny.
In five or six years I might be dead. The asteroid may have come & flattened the planet, in other words basically unless I can even find a Bronco, & want to pay double or $25K over msrp -- I'm just not going to be driving one. And I refuse to pay that. So, I & so many of us are screwed & the whole idea of purchasing one is pretty much toast. And fuck Ford. This I will not forget.
What dealer in AZ did you order from and when?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Denver dealer is charging MSRP + $1200, he has 260 orders and has shown me my spot in line (not sure that they really know very accurately - so as a matter of conjecture its not super accurate, given commodity constraints). One might quibble with MSRP plus, but in the scheme of things ... ? (deducting for cost of flying, gasoline and time).

Try Phil Long ... I did not go with them, but as I recall they were MSRP + a bit less than I bit on.
So in my case and based on your information, that would be:
Order #2 - a $5,139 ($3,939 increase from my Granger price + $1200 above MSRP) difference.

One-way flight for order #2 - $119 or Trip to Granger if I trade in order #1 fuel/food - $225
Return trip fuel & food for order #2 - $225

With this local dealership, I'd be paying $4,795-4,689 more for my Bronco. I've driven multiple 16hr trips before so an 11hr drive isn't my concern.

And just to clarify, I'm not in a rush for the 2nd bronco due to mod top being delayed until 2023. But I won't wait until 2025.

Last edited:

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I shouldn't be able to leap to the front of the line by picking the right dealer (like I did with my 2021 2 Door 2.7 Advanced 4x4 OBX Lux Tow Bronco). My expressing interest in 5 Jan 2021, ordering 4 May 2021, shouldn't have gotten me a VIN on 24 May 2021 and built on 5 Aug 2021!!! How is that fair, it's not. I jumped ahead of all those people just because I went to someone who had allocation (military auto sales) - but that's exactly what happened, and honestly, I stopped someone from getting the Bronco they probably had a 1st night reservation for!
A for honesty, and A+ for accuracy.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Based on allocation, they had a close idea of what to expect they would get and sold way beyond that amount. That's why people are calling them out. They should have done something like first 500 get this offer.
It isn't an "offer." It's what they sell vehicles for every day.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know what exactly is "committing" to MSRP in your eyes, but I did purchase my Bronco in CO for MSRP.
Them actually agreeing on MSRP price in writing before it arrived (like I've previously done with jeep dealerships & orders). When I was researching earlier this year, I reached out to 5 local dealerships. 2 stated they couldn't commit to MSRP, 2 stated they didn't know what they'd be able to do, 1 blew me off.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Right, but here we are lining up like lemmings to be reamed by this company. This will need to be part of the narrative.

If the customers collectively said "f#<k off", these politician-like business leaders would change their ways. Myself included. I have been desperately trying to find an alternative vehicle and put this farce behind me, but every time I see a Bronco I somehow convince myself to stay.
That's it right there. The complaining is deafening, but those walking away are few and far between.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lots of reading in this one to catch up on. Anyone still defending this dirtbag?

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I mentioned this in a thread the other day, but I don't see anyone else talking about how the Grangers/Chapman/SAC should of really been telling their customers that there was risk in signing up with them. They've been around for a long time and understand how the dealer systems work so there is no way that they didn't think there was risk with this.

The old saying "It seems to good to be true" holds pretty strongly here, like how did everyone that ordered with these dealers think that they would get their vehicles quickly and that there was no risk. Even if they kept the old allocation model for this year (which they never said they would when they released lasts years) there would probably still be lots of people waiting because they line is so long.

Everyone keeps saying that these dealers have been the only ones being 100% honest with them, yet I don't think the dealers have been informing their customers that their sales technique probably had a lot of risk in it.

I know some people will jump in here and say that this process is new so there is no way they could of known, but that's just false, these dealers took a risk offering these massive sales so that they could sell a shit ton of vehicles in the name of "being fair to the customer".

Does it suck for all of the customers at these dealers, absolutely. Am I supporting Ford in how they are handling it, no. Does it suck that these dealers sales technique didn't pay off, yeah, but high risk comes with high reward. I just don't see how so many people didn't see this coming.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think the dealers have been informing their customers that their sales technique probably had a lot of risk in it.
Shockingly, your "thinking" is wrong.
Sponsored