Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, you're an economist and you don't realize that a dealer doesn't get shipped orders that they cancel? Ok...very simply then: If Granger cancels orders in the next two years, they don't still show up in 2024. I'm guessing you're not a PhD?
The cancelled orders won't be built or shipped, niterider. So there will be no build up of supply for these dealers or anywhere for that matter for a solid couple years until Ford can get it's manufacturing act together. By that time, Broncos will become a bit more ubiquitous, remaining reservation holders will have attitudes soured due to the long wait and poor treatment by Ford, and there may even be a new Wrangler out.

Long run, Ford had a great oppy with this objectively great product to really make a splash in the offroad market with the revived Bronco brand. It's being squandered...because of Covid...because of supply chain and manufacturing issues... and because of the unfortunate fact that Ford is hamstrung by the dealer network that is entrenched around the country to the detriment of the company and its end customers. You can pile some marketing malpractice in there too.
Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In case anyone's been waiting for an answer:
@mrlevine Fill your Bronco reservation orders ahead of allocations. We’ve already waited 15 months. Stop punishing your customers. #reservationsoverallocations
His answer tells me they just don't care.

in case he deletes his tweet, here's what it says:

Mike Levine
Replying to @robtraut and @KogodBiz
That’s exactly the plan for more than 98% of customers that didn’t place orders with a small dealer that created a special deal to attract a large number of orders.
This country was built on competition. It allowed the consumer to shop prices and it kept inflation low. What is disturbing about Mark's Tweet is how cavalier he is in his statement about "98%". Here's a "98%" back to Levine. That is the % of small businesses that DRIVES the US economy. Ford, build the Bronco and honor your agreement to the thousands of fans that went through YOUR defined protocols and move forward with production. You will save yourself in the LONG run.
This back and forth has diminished the good faith between us, the dealers, and FORD. Now I will return to my FORD hammock and dream about what might have been.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am with you. I either get my Bronco at Granger or I get something else and as more time passes by something else is starting to look better. If we decide to move on though and buy something else, we should just cancel the reservation and let everyone else move up a slot. Granger won't get any more or any less Broncos based on our reservations.
Its really looking more & more like thats what I'll end up doing, I mean five - SIX years?? SO much can & does change/happen in that time (& less) how many can really say for certain what life is going to throw at us in the next six years? its just so silly....The stink Ford has created with this & customers turned off by them will last a lifetime though. And they don't care - we know that!

Bronco216g

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 & 2013 C63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

TLDR... Seriously, don't dive in. Just ignore this thread and Levine. You'll live a happier life and enjoy all things Bronco related through MY22. LOL.

It'd be a really long PM... If you are with Granger/SAC/Chapman/small family owned dealer, you might want to get up to speed though. 🤷‍♂️
I canceled my Bronco well before the fiasco, but ironically I ordered my Jeep 392 from Chapman (PA)

Sponsored

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Long run, Ford had a great oppy with this objectively great product to really make a splash in the offroad market with the revived Bronco brand. It's being squandered...because of Covid...because of supply chain and manufacturing issues... and because of the unfortunate fact that Ford is hamstrung by the dealer network that is entrenched around the country to the detriment of the company and its end customers. You can pile some marketing malpractice in there too.
AND a great deal of old fashioned GREED which in this case is bubbling over like a wild-eyed junkie on table top of dope. These cheater delaers rubbing their hands, skattering like cockroaches when the light is turned on when any educated customer questions them on ADM, msrp & the like. Prett sickening.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealer told me to go buy a Jeep. I think they are as frustrated as we are.

For the money of a loaded up bronco, why not just get one of these?
392-Kendall-Dodge-1024x469.jpg

1634217651841.jpeg

Damn that defender is sexy.

maxresdefault.jpg

1634217651848.jpeg
You bet they are. My dealer offered to find me a Jeep (and he is a small town / exclusively Ford dealer). Unfortunately for him (fortunately for me), used Jeep Wrangler prices are nearly new Jeep Wrangler prices, but finance rates are higher on used - so he refunded my deposit in full and wrote me letter saying how he “couldn’t believe how bad Ford had f*cked up the roll out.” He was just as pissed off at them as I was.

“My” Bronco has still not been rescheduled, and it was originally scheduled for a June 29 build week. That 2021 VIN will be buried in a shallow grave and who knows when the dealer will finally see it? There’s not a chance in hell I will trade my ‘21 JLU for it when it finally ships out in 2022 or 2023 though…. The Bronco is a beautiful machine, but I can’t bring myself to support a company like Ford any longer. How can I reward their abominable customer “disservice” with my hard earned money?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

[using Granger here to represent all the discount dealers]

So I ordered from a small dealer too. I just went in yesterday to re-order for MY '22. When the sales manager and I started discussing the situation about Granger, his quote was, "Oh man did they get screwed." He wasn't at all surprised about the Granger issue. When I asked how Granger could make a profit at selling $1,000 to $2,000 below invoice said Granger profit motive was to gain Bronco allocations for the future to sell those units at above MSRP.

This was stated by Granger on its July 18, 2020 thread here on B6G:
" How does this make sense for the dealership? – We are selling these new Broncos like we sell all our new cars. We sell our new vehicles at or near our cost. We get paid a commission if we arrange finance for a customer, sell accessories, sell service contracts, sell the traded-in vehicle, and on work performed in our service department. Our dealership is in rural Iowa with low real estate cost, our land and building are paid for, and we do not have a huge fixed expense budget to cover. This allows us to sell things this way and maintain profitability at the store."

So at the time of sale for a customer from out of state, the dealership can recover some lost profit from reselling a traded in vehicle, a cut of the financing, and selling a service contract. All three of those are fungible at best. Selling accessories and selling service in the service department, are the most profitable, but available to local sales only. So Granger's quoted profit motive doesn't make much sense other than to increase sales of a highly desired model and sell it at ADM as the sales manager at my dealer suggests.

My dealership has been great to work with. They are just as "transparent" as Granger. I get to sit in my salesperson's office and talk face-to-face, which is they way I prefer to do business. I'll be paying MSRP. He's making a decent profit, and I'm happy to provide revenue to my neighbors and support my local Ford store. Ford wins because Ford produced a Bronco that I can't develop and build on my own; that's how it works.
So you think Granger is "as transparent as your dealer", but question their quoted statement above and their business model? Ok.

Enjoy your Bronco when you're able to take delivery. Good luck to you.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok, so if I’m a big dealer, how is it ok for me to get penalized on my earned allocation because smaller dealers that outsold their fair share have to get their reservations first? No f’ing way I’d be ok with that.

Any way you look at it, someone is getting burnt.
Your logic here lacks serious punch and is in fact just a defense of dealer greed.
IF MEGA dealer sells 500 Broncos.
The 2% of us who are going to the trouble of buying thru SMALL dealers only represent 10 Broncos in the Mega dealers world. Maybe he should just up his ADM a bit to compensate, after all some do call it Market Adjustment.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@dingle87 there is revisionist history at work here from people who knowingly ordered from a dealer with 1200 reservations.

This "changes the rules" that everyone had come to expect- that reservations would be fulfilled roughly in timestamp order as best as the supply chain would allow.
"and the number of vehicles your dealer will receive."

Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC Dec Email

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the way i read things on THIS forum, hearsay and all, before I converted my reservation to an order.

Each dealer was going to receive a limited amount of Broncos.
You were placed in order at THAT dealer according to your timestamp.
If you switched dealers you could actually jump in line if your timestamp was earlier than others.
So Broncos should be delivered in timestamp order to each dealer if they can be built.
Once they run out, they run out for the year.
Does that mean that dealer will not have any in stock to sell before all their buildable orders are fulfilled? Will other dealers will receive stock to sell once they are caught up? I don't know

So knowing those discounted dealers had a lot of orders that would be in front of me I looked for a local dealer that showed MSRP on the list that was posted on this site. In person they said I had a good shot at getting it this year. I did get a printout of my MSRP order, don't think it's considered a contract, but its still something.

Being I have a 2 door, I was more concerned about the modified orders that become buildable that jump the line and bumping other orders back.

I do have a vin and build date
From all we know now, it's allocations. Things are NOT set in stone yet, permanent ink.

The dealer can 99 everybody and just 22 their allocation and not care at all, but Ford dealers are not like that...
[using Granger here to represent all the discount dealers]

So I ordered from a small dealer too. I just went in yesterday to re-order for MY '22. When the sales manager and I started discussing the situation about Granger, his quote was, "Oh man did they get screwed." He wasn't at all surprised about the Granger issue. When I asked how Granger could make a profit at selling $1,000 to $2,000 below invoice said Granger profit motive was to gain Bronco allocations for the future to sell those units at above MSRP.

This was stated by Granger on its July 18, 2020 thread here on B6G:
" How does this make sense for the dealership? – We are selling these new Broncos like we sell all our new cars. We sell our new vehicles at or near our cost. We get paid a commission if we arrange finance for a customer, sell accessories, sell service contracts, sell the traded-in vehicle, and on work performed in our service department. Our dealership is in rural Iowa with low real estate cost, our land and building are paid for, and we do not have a huge fixed expense budget to cover. This allows us to sell things this way and maintain profitability at the store."

So at the time of sale for a customer from out of state, the dealership can recover some lost profit from reselling a traded in vehicle, a cut of the financing, and selling a service contract. All three of those are fungible at best. Selling accessories and selling service in the service department, are the most profitable, but available to local sales only. So Granger's quoted profit motive doesn't make much sense other than to increase sales of a highly desired model and sell it at ADM as the sales manager at my dealer suggests.

My dealership has been great to work with. They are just as "transparent" as Granger. Better even is I get to sit in my salesperson's office and talk face-to-face, which is they way I prefer to do business; he does too. I'll be paying MSRP. I never expected to pay less than MSRP because it makes no sense in the case of the new Bronco market; I'll not pay above MSRP because it makes no financial sense. He's making a decent profit, and I'm happy to provide revenue to my neighbors and support my local Ford store. Ford wins because Ford produced a Bronco that I can't develop and build on my own; that's how it works.
My dealer is not using Granger's model. They are local and open to answering all my questions. No ADM, but no discounts either. They do not have a mega sales force or volume to garner many new MY22 Broncos based on a 3-year aggregate of total sales. Those who went to Granger were warned that the allocations for MY21 would leave some without a Bronco for a while, but the assumption was that the allocation math would continue to favor converted reservations until all the reservations were complete. Ford changed that math and now MANY more dealerships will hurt their customers they worked to earn their business in MY21 into MY22+.

I know Ford could discount reservation sales against future allocations to balance the dealerships to sell more to the reservation clients; and allocations could be a portion of reservation production, but that level of creativity seems to escape Ford for the moment.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@dingle87

Dec Email.jpg
LOL... right in your post at the very top "Bronco Timing UPDATE".

They altered their original statements on how these would be rolled out multiple times since inception. Ford said nothing about pushing reservation holders out to MY2025 due to their ever changing policy. In doing so, they've trapped their beloved reservation holders who they say they care about.

edit: The update was well after the summer reservation period and the October Granger promo. How could anyone have predicted Ford would move the goalposts multiple times on them? Ford wasn't nearly as transparent as they should've been about the whole mess. Keep defending them though. Good luck to you.

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I asked how Granger could make a profit at selling $1,000 to $2,000 below invoice said Granger profit motive was to gain Bronco allocations for the future to sell those units at above MSRP.
Yes, Granger was playing longball, I think everyone new that. However, they are not losing money on the deal. If they can sell at $2000 below invoice and make a bit of money or, lets say, just break even. Then it stand reason they will make at least $1000+ off of every sale that is $1k below invoice.

But that language as added in 12/2020.

Screenshot from Bronco FAQ 10/2020
Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC 1634308613984

Screen shot from Bronco FAQ 8/2020
Ford Bronco Mike Levine saying outright he does NOT care about Granger/Chapman/SAC 1634308648242

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I want to know is, what is Granger's plan when the inevitable happens and they are sitting on a stockpile of 2024 cancelled Broncos?
Less than 50% of reservation holders are completing the final steps to purchase the vehicle. I would expect there are going to be a lot of excess broncos sold as stock units everywhere.