Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as it’s a “drop in” setup that doesn’t require any tune, I think you guys have a winning package here.

Ideally lifting it up into an area with better airflow, out of dust, dirt and snow will be quite beneficial. Especially for those with dreams of a hidden winch, these will sell like hot cakes.

Perhaps seperate IC sizings/options might be needed for 2.3 vs 2.7. The extra charge piping plus an up sized IC might lead to bigger boost lag on the 2.3 running factory turbo/waste gate/tune
Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Subbed, I’m definitely excited for this

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as it’s a “drop in” setup that doesn’t require any tune, I think you guys have a winning package here.

Ideally lifting it up into an area with better airflow, out of dust, dirt and snow will be quite beneficial. Especially for those with dreams of a hidden winch, these will sell like hot cakes.

Perhaps seperate IC sizings/options might be needed for 2.3 vs 2.7. The extra charge piping plus an up sized IC might lead to bigger boost lag on the 2.3 running factory turbo/waste gate/tune
Its a Radiator for the turbo essentially, tune only provides additional gains, but for me, unless I can store both a 91 and 93 tune, will hold on tuning for awhile but get the fmic+charge pipes

this is what I love about the Bronco over the Jeep btw, all the available engine mods to perform that make a difference without a tune and take off with one

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just stumbled on the blog article a few minutes ago and very excited about this - I'm wanting an aftermarket hidden / lower mounted winch setup and have concerns about it blocking the intercooler - this seems like a no-brainer performance upgrade / fix that addresses multiple problems at once.

Subbed and watching!

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bump

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since you bumped it, maybe @Mishimoto can talk about whether they've had to work with Ford on programming to keep the computer happy with the grill shutter removal?
and if their’s charge pipes as well

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey Guys!

Nick here again with some VERY exciting news that we wanted to share! We didn't waste any time digging into our Bronco and are already well underway into our performance intercooler development! Make sure that you head over to our engineering blog for the full scoop!

HIGH ROAD – 2021+ FORD BRONCO 2.3L/2.7L PERFORMANCE INTERCOOLER R&D, PART 1 – STOCK REVIEW AND DESIGN PLANS

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread giphy

Ford Bronco Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler R&D Thread giphy

Make sure that you head to the engineering blog to get a peek at what we have planned for Bronco's intercooling system! As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have

-Nick
I am curious as to why not use your liquid to air intercooler with heat exchanger to maximize cooler air temps and limit space requirements for mounting positions. Can you please explain why one should not purchase the universal L2A intercooler and heat exchanger to compliment performance engine mods?

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This will definitely be on my to do list. All these aftermarket bumpers block all the air flow and was hoping a company would come out with something soon.
I believe the answer could be going with a Liquid to Air intercooler setup

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
no need to do that. The motor is small so you remove it from the shutters and keep it plugged in. The ecu will think it is there and do its thing. No need to reprogram and complicate the process

Since you bumped it, maybe @Mishimoto can talk about whether they've had to work with Ford on programming to keep the computer happy with the grill shutter removal?
Sponsored