Sponsored

Modular bumper - is there a fog light switch from the factory?

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered the modular bumper, but it just hit me... The Wildtrak capable bumper has fog lights already. If you get the modular bumper instead, do you already have a switch in the wild track for the lights? Or do you have to wire a new one up?
Sponsored

Sixtysixpride

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I purchased a Badlands that originally come with capable bumpers but switched to the modular which still had the wiring present but no switch. I had to install the headlight switch that had the fog button and program the fog light info in with FDRS

Reactions: bek

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yea, that's the trade off.
Ford loves doing this with the Bronco, order one thing, lose two other things.
It's a really weird way of packaging that nobody wants.
It's Ford's way of taking as much money as they can and giving the least amount in return and no one is complaining loud enough. I suspect it will change when everything flips back around.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yea, that's the trade off.
Ford loves doing this with the Bronco, order one thing, lose two other things.
It's a really weird way of packaging that nobody wants.
It's Ford's way of taking as much money as they can and giving the least amount in return and no one is complaining loud enough. I suspect it will change when everything flips back around.
My dealer told me it was about weight or something.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the modular bumper, but it just hit me... The Wildtrak capable bumper has fog lights already. If you get the modular bumper instead, do you already have a switch in the wild track for the lights? Or do you have to wire a new one up?
There is a foglight switch you can buy. Just do a search for it on here.

Sponsored

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I had an OBX with a non modular but with fog lights on it. I switched to a Modular bumper and I cut the plug off the connectors going to the foglight harness and splicesd in the Baja design light to be my fog light and work on the factory switch from the old fog lights. Works well.

ther was a cable converter available but I was unsure which to go with so the wire splices wwere my go to.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No switch if you go to the mod bumper. The wiring will be in place for high package or higher. Then you can buy the switch and use the factory harness. My light bar is hooked to mine.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
No switch if you go to the mod bumper. The wiring will be in place for high package or higher. Then you can buy the switch and use the factory harness. My light bar is hooked to mine.
That's strange that it would be exclusive to High and Lux considering the only trims that don't come with fog lights standard is the Base and Everglades.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I read somewhere that if the Bronco was sold as a 'Fleet Sale' that the modular bumper would come with fog lights. Another option would be to hook up the lights to an upfitter switch.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's strange that it would be exclusive to High and Lux considering the only trims that don't come with fog lights standard is the Base and Everglades.
I think the conclusion we have come to is it’s because of the front sensors the wire harness for the Fogs seems to be part of it. Peoples with the Modular bumper and mid or base package haven’t had the wire harness there. It is odd being the Mod bumper doesn’t get fogs 🤷‍♂️

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the conclusion we have come to is it’s because of the front sensors the wire harness for the Fogs seems to be part of it. Peoples with the Modular bumper and mid or base package haven’t had the wire harness there. It is odd being the Mod bumper doesn’t get fogs 🤷‍♂️
Thank you, that makes some sense.

OP
OP
bek

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is useful. Thanks,
Not really. I don't need detailed instructions about how to wire it up. Was just wondering if you get the modular bumper if you still had a fog light switch or not. Got a couple of quick answers from other responders, so I know the answer now.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is useful. Thanks,

Not really. I don't need detailed instructions about how to wire it up. Was just wondering if you get the modular bumper if you still had a fog light switch or not. Got a couple of quick answers from other responders, so I know the answer now.
To be fair, those are extremely helpful threads that flesh out the issue, and you did say "or will I have to wire one up", potentially referring to the missing factory switch at the center of your question.

When the time comes, I will need to reference those threads myself for:

1- Which Part# of the many switch options I will need.
2-Where the correct switch is currently available.
3- What Forscan adjustments need to be made.
4- Part#s for the factory fog connectors on the harness

OP
OP
bek

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To be fair, those are extremely helpful threads that flesh out the issue, and you did say "or will I have to wire one up", potentially referring to the missing factory switch at the center of your question.

When the time comes, I will need to reference those threads myself for:

1- Which Part# of the many switch options I will need.
2-Where the correct switch is currently available.
3- What Forscan adjustments need to be made.
4- Part#s for the factory fog connectors on the harness
Yes, sorry, you are right if you need those instructions. What I was thinking was, "If I get the modular bumper with no fog lights, I would have to wire aftermarket ones up." (Which I'm not really interested in doing.)

What's interesting to me is that if you get the capable bumper (with Hoss 3), then there must be a switch inside all ready to go, wiring and all. I think I'm going to change my order and save the money.
Sponsored