James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Highlander / 66 GMC Pickup
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My build date was July 20. I just got a shipping notice today after my dirt mountain hard top was replaced. Please for the love of God don't let me be one of the 553. 😣
I'm in the exact same boat my friend. Here's hoping we are lucky.
Sponsored

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Recall link shows my FE with no recalls. Hopefully that’s accurate, and the only waiting I have to do is for my November MIC replacement. 🤞

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
just because it's only 553, doesn't mean that they know which 553 broncos were affected out of the 4K stuck at Dirt Mountain. Unless you heard that they can pinpoint each one, you'd shouldn;'t assume that they can correlate the worker who poorly folded every 1 out of 6 bronco airbags to the bronco VINs on the lot. Hopefully they can. But given the way things have gone so far...
Don't they serialize parts like this? They should be able to tell exactly which 553 vehicles have the affected airbags.

tehjukebox

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I almost freaked out, but as I tell my clientele it's not time to freak out until it is time to freak out and that I will tell them when it is time to freak out.
Steal meme.jpg

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah I get it but it seems like someone here is always looking for a reason to count up broncos from multiple angles. I enjoy the reading that they provide.
The laughter is priceless sometimes. It makes you wonder about people. Like one in this thread.

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I have one of the unlucky affected Broncos unfortunately, and the ridiculousness that is this launch is just beyond insane. 553 vehicles and according to this article were affected, and we’re supposed to wait until mid-November for Ford to fix yet another problems after these Broncos were already sitting for months due to the top issues?!? They need to be overnighting the bags to the dealers with the affected Broncos, because after the fiasco of this launch, Ford should be falling over themselves to make this right.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't they serialize parts like this? They should be able to tell exactly which 553 vehicles have the affected airbags.
I hope so - I just didn't want people to make the assumption that because it's only 553 cars with bad airbags that this means that only 553 delivery dates will be affected. It's like when one kid gets sick, the whole family is on quarantine. Hopefully Ford can do the contact tracing down to the car - not just the date range.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
just because it's only 553, doesn't mean that they know which 553 broncos were affected out of the 4K stuck at Dirt Mountain. Unless you heard that they can pinpoint each one, you'd shouldn;'t assume that they can correlate the worker who poorly folded every 1 out of 6 bronco airbags to the bronco VINs on the lot. Hopefully they can. But given the way things have gone so far...
The manufacturers know just about every part that goes in the what vehicle...most of the major components have bar codes scanned into the build...the days of recalling 100k cars to change out 2k parts are long over...

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I have one of the unlucky affected Broncos unfortunately, and the ridiculousness that is this launch is just beyond insane. 553 vehicles and according to this article were affected, and we’re supposed to wait until mid-November for Ford to fix yet another problems after these Broncos were already sitting for months due to the top issues?!? They need to be overnighting the bags to the dealers with the affected Broncos, because after the fiasco of this launch, Ford should be falling over themselves to make this right.
I think there is a glimmer of hope for you. As far as the November 15th date, the article mentions letters going to affected owners. This means Broncos in the wild. Just like MIC 1.0 owners in the wild will be the last to get MIC 2.0, it will take a while to assemble the program to get faulty airbags in the wild replaced. It is highly likely affected airbag units still sitting on dirt mountain will be replaced before shipping. It is also highly likely Broncos like yours stuck ownerless in the showroom will be replaced quickly without the need of being included in the full notification program that has to follow NTSB standards.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think there is a glimmer of hope for you. As far as the November 15th date, the article mentions letters going to affected owners. This means Broncos in the wild. Just like MIC 1.0 owners in the wild will be the last to get MIC 2.0, it will take a while to assemble the program to get faulty airbags in the wild replaced. It is highly likely affected airbag units still sitting on dirt mountain will be replaced before shipping. It is also highly likely Broncos like yours stuck ownerless in the showroom will be replaced quickly without the need of a full notification program that has to follow NTSB standards.
I am hoping beyond hope that you are right about that. Would be nice to get some good news for once.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good on Ford for making the right decision to recall and get the potential issue fixed.

Seems like plenty of companies these days would have just waited to see if anything happened and only then take action, especially in the middle of an already rocky launch.

Sucks for those affected, but it would be far worse if the issue went unidentified and unaddressed.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The manufacturers know just about every part that goes in the what vehicle...most of the major components have bar codes scanned into the build...the days of recalling 100k cars to change out 2k parts are long over...
That's how it was at the company I worked for. Components were bar coded and a master bar code for the assembly. Scanning the assembly code brought up all of the component codes.

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good on Ford for making the right decision to recall and get the potential issue fixed.

Seems like plenty of companies these days would have just waited to see if anything happened and only then take action, especially in the middle of an already rocky launch.

Sucks for those affected, but it would be far worse if the issue went unidentified and unaddressed.
I 100% agree that they’re doing the correct thing by recalling, but to say that it could be mid-November, though hoping this isn’t the case, is what I have a significant issue with. With so few affected it shouldn’t take that long.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, this is far better news than originally reported. This article states only ~550 vehicles are burdened with a faulty airbag.

Ford Bronco More on Bronco Airbag Recall – Affects 553 Vehicles Steal meme

Wonder if they fired the employee..
Sadly, Joyson did fire that guy but you'll be happy to know he quickly found a new job down the road at a German vehicle roof manufacturer.
Sponsored