cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are there reasons an owner would add expensive modifications to a vehicle and decide to let it go before 25,000 miles?
Fuel Mileage! I didn't read the whole thread, but that's my input.

Source: I traded in my '07 JKUX with 4" lift and 37s and less than 25,000 miles in 2011 for a Camaro 1SS because I was sick of getting 14/11 mpgs. ;)
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Kris, I should also add that I have a friend with a 2 door WildTrak that is seriously looking at moving to a 4 door just because of getting her dogs in and out. I had a lot of 2 door vehicles in the past and none were this bad getting in and out of the back that I recall. My wife is 5’4” 120 and scampers in and out with no issue, I’m 6’0” 180 and can’t fit through the space with the passenger seat all the way forward and tilted all the way forward.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kris, I should also add that I have a friend with a 2 door WildTrak that is seriously looking at moving to a 4 door just because of getting her dogs in and out. I had a lot of 2 door vehicles in the past and none were this bad getting in and out of the back that I recall. My wife is 5’4” 120 and scampers in and out with no issue, I’m 6’0” 180 and can’t fit through the space with the passenger seat all the way forward and tilted all the way forward.
But why are you getting in the back seat of your Bronco?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

But why are you getting in the back seat of your Bronco?
Huh……actually to take out the gunners hatch. Not the other reason! Too old for that anyways! 🤷🏼‍♂️

Red Squatch

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra convertible
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So sad. Was expecting to see this in your driveway. If you get a 4 door you will disappoint me and all the members following this thread. 🥹
Plus as Ken says, an All Most Black 2 door is as rare as a 23 2 door Manual HE!

Either version, Kris will be great for the forum no matter what she chooses.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm the same size as your wife, but the friends and colleagues I'm driving around are more towards your height and weight. The dog would also be a real issue. I'll be realistic during my test drives tomorrow. The one I'm hoping to purchase is a 4d 2023 Badlands, so if anything, I'm leaning towards 4 doors.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm the same size as your wife, but the friends and colleagues I'm driving around are more towards your height and weight. The dog would also be a real issue. I'll be realistic during my test drives tomorrow. The one I'm hoping to purchase is a 4d 2023 Badlands, so if anything, I'm leaning towards 4 doors.
I think you’ll enjoy it differently than your Sport. I like my sport but it’s more of an A - B vehicle that’s great in the snow and good off road depending on the terrain. The full size is just way more fun to drive for me and much better off road with less concern about ground clearance.

Agua Caliente

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's what I'll be doing on Friday. My LFD has a 2.7L 4 door, a 2.3L 4 door, and a 2.3L 2 door.

I like the look of the 2 door more, but I'm the usual driver for work lunches and outings with friends. They love my Sport so much they always ask me to drive, so I imagine it'll happen even more with a full size. Plus, my spoiled pup demands easy access to a backseat since we always lift her into the car to avoid scratches. Logistically, my life would be easier with the 4 door, but the 2 door is so much cooler.

What ?
You're buying full size Badlands for a lunch wagon ?

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I may have purchased something yesterday....

Reveal pictures to come. 😊
Early Congrats!
I see you are in NC.
Check out NC Broncos on FB if you do the FB thing.
They have a ton of gatherings in the Eastern half of the state, several down Charlotte-way, and try and get further west as they can to join us non Down-East folks in Uwharrie, Hurricane Creek, and other shindigs.
Great group of people, positive admin.
Hope to see you sometime out there enjoying your new ride!

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats. Based on your previous investigation I assume this was no impulse purchase.
Also, showing my age hear but what in the world is a LFD? Searched and could only come up with “left for dead”, “low fat diet” and “large format display “?
Hope my ignorance isn’t opening anything offensive…

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats. Based on your previous investigation I assume this was no impulse purchase.
You know me. This was definitely not am impulse purchase. I actually did more digging on this one than I did the last since it had some unique history.

Also, showing my age hear but what in the world is a LFD? Searched and could only come up with “left for dead”, “low fat diet” and “large format display “?
Hope my ignorance isn’t opening anything offensive…
Local Ford dealer, although my diet is pretty healthy. 😂