Sponsored

My dealer says Bronco order banks will not be opening until 2024 MY.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is this due to constraints…or another reason?
The dealer I spoke with today stated that there are constraints on the full time 4WD / advanced 4WD.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this due to constraints…or another reason?
Yup… constraints.

Essentially the vast majority of orders left are 2-door of every trim, as well as Badlands with hard tops/Lux, and (especially) Wildtraks of all flavors. There is also a fair amount of Basesquatch and Black Diamond w/ Adv 4x4 left, many of those also have hard tops.

They could open order banks again… but people are just going to order the exact same configurations that are already heavily constrained. So… in my opinion it just makes sense to keep retail order banks closed and let dealers submit stock orders. Someone who wants a Big Bend or Outer Banks with an open differential shouldn’t have too difficult of a time finding one on a dealer lot, and everyone else will have to wait in line until 2024MY.

If Ford does open order banks, they won’t be open for long and/or it’ll be heavily restricted on what you can order.

The Ford Maverick is also extremely popular, and their order banks were open for about a week before they sold out for the year. And it’s gotten to the point now where Ford is telling those who ordered the hybrid that they may not get their vehicle this year.

Last edited:

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I assume you refreshed your MY23 order at some point?
Absolutely! In late Sept.(9/24) when the Order Banks opened up for previous order refreshes. Switched my color from EG to AGM. Added full body bash plates to my order...more stuff=more delay. (Lol)

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford doesn't give a flying fish what reservation holders want. If they keep order banks closed, it won't be to prioritize all reservation holders' orders. Ford will build what Ford's jackbooted bean counters tell them will sell and nothing more. Any color as long as it's black mentality back again.

Ford sees the downturns and rising rates. They're going to keep their bell curve manufacturing mix and assume a lower conversion rate, order to sale, and feed volume dealers their lot pigs. If they don't open up order banks to the dirty public, then it will appear that they focused on getting more original reservation holders a Bronco and that they care... without actually caring. It's a homerun plan.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved in July 20, converted in Nov 22, and it was delivered a month later in Dec 22. Fully loaded Badlands, only minus sasquatch. Was that just luck?
The whole fiasco has relied on luck to work.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford doesn't give a flying fish what reservation holders want. If they keep order banks closed, it won't be to prioritize all reservation holders' orders. Ford will build what Ford's jackbooted bean counters tell them will sell and nothing more. Any color as long as it's black mentality back again.

Ford sees the downturns and rising rates. They're going to keep their bell curve manufacturing mix and assume a lower conversion rate, order to sale, and feed volume dealers their lot pigs. If they don't open up order banks to the dirty public, then it will appear that they focused on getting more original reservation holders a Bronco and that they care... without actually caring. It's a homerun plan.
The reality is that this was the first mass custom order operation for Ford. Until now you could special order but it was the exception, not the norm. Obviously it failed. Part in due to the pandemic but that just masked (see what I did there?) the complete failure of Ford not being able to manage customization at this scale.

I could enumerate the multiple other factors (like too many options) but in the end they need to get someone smarter to think this through. Let your operations folks set what can be done and not your marketing (and merchandising) folks. As someone who has done mass customization at scale you better be smart about it or you will lose customer confidence.

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yup… constraints.

Essentially the vast majority of orders left are 2-door of every trim, as well as Badlands with hard tops/Lux, and (especially) Wildtraks of all flavors. There is also a fair amount of Basesquatch and Black Diamond w/ Adv 4x4 left, many of those also have hard tops.

They could open order banks again… but people are just going to order the exact same configurations that are already heavily constrained. So… in my opinion it just makes sense to keep retail order banks closed and let dealers submit
stock orders. Someone who wants a Big Bend or Outer Banks with an open differential shouldn’t have too difficult of a time finding one on a dealer lot, and everyone else will have to wait in line until 2024MY.

If Ford does open order banks, they won’t be open for long and/or it’ll be heavily restricted on what you can order.

The Ford Maverick is also extremely popular, and their order banks were open for about a week before they sold out for the year. And it’s gotten to the point now where Ford is telling those who ordered the hybrid may not get their vehicle this year.
TY for the info… not directed at you… but every day my soul keeps getting crushed little by little … LOL. 7/30/20 reservation holder… still 100+ at Granger but they just got 30 allocations so was hopeful this might be a light at the end of the tunnel… but.. if what you say is true… i guess I’ll just have to keep holding out. of course I am a wildtrak with all the fixings (LUX/tow/etc)… I’m also in the Bay Area and Badlands are $12.5 and Wildtrak is $15k standard.

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As of now the Bronco order banks are closed to all but prior order holders. I’ve heard rumors that Ford was going to open order banks up to all sometime in February-March. Today, my dealer told me that the Bronco order banks will not be opening until the
2024 MY.

Probably a good thing. Get everything caught up and then start fresh!
Drink!

A51Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford FX4, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is crazy how fast they sold out on the maverick. I could see this being absolutely true.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The reality is that this was the first mass custom order operation for Ford. Until now you could special order but it was the exception, not the norm. Obviously it failed. Part in due to the pandemic but that just masked (see what I did there?) the complete failure of Ford not being able to manage customization at this scale.

I could enumerate the multiple other factors (like too many options) but in the end they need to get someone smarter to think this through. Let your operations folks set what can be done and not your marketing (and merchandising) folks. As someone who has done mass customization at scale you better be smart about it or you will lose customer confidence.
I totally agree. Ford seemed to commit to an anticipated order mix and parts orders from all their suppliers and really missed the mark by a mile. What happened next was trying to round off that square peg to fit it through the round hole of constraints.

I'd love to see them make it right with the original reservation holders first, but that's not a good business decision.

It was a grand ambitious task and in the end they did bring the Bronco back.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe there should only be 3 trim levels with most options available across the 3. Used to only be 3 trims in the f150 xl xlt and xlt lariat with most options available across the 3.

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The one fleet site I found says nothing on last build date for 2023 model. https://www.bblfleet.com/fleetdocs/ford_buildout.pdf.

The way Ford has been short parts and all the recalls. I believe the rumors of no retail orders for 23 MY. But what good is that going to do. Just get get more people in line waiting for 2024 to order theres, then flood the network again with more retail orders. Ford needs to solve there parts issues and increase output at the plant or add a second plant for Bronco.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I totally agree. Ford seemed to commit to an anticipated order mix and parts orders from all their suppliers and really missed the mark by a mile. What happened next was trying to round off that square peg to fit it through the round hole of constraints.

I'd love to see them make it right with the original reservation holders first, but that's not a good business decision.

It was a grand ambitious task and in the end they did bring the Bronco back.
Aye, they did bring it back. If it wasn't such winner they would have a major turd sandwich, nay, feast, to deal with. But as it is the Bronco still has the reputation of being hard to order.

I would have offered two models for customization (SUV (OB) and Badass, er, Badlands) and then just filled dealer stock with the other models (Base, Big Bend, Wildtrack, etc). That way the dealer would have stock, the assembly line could keep rolling non-stop building whatever they could with the parts available and if you did want a custom order you'd have to wait for the order to slot into the production line (like they do for other models).

By having a ton of dealer stock would have suppressed the ADM (and the associated ill will from that), increased the market share and made everyone happy almost immediately. And would have made Ford untold millions in the process.

Sadly they have decided to ride this one out and maybe they will deliver all of the orders in MY23. Just maybe.

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I lucked out by getting my MY23 order in when they first opened and they were trying to fill spots. That’s my theory.
You are a prior reservation though, right? Not lucky. That was the design.
Sponsored