Sponsored

My dealer says Bronco order banks will not be opening until 2024 MY.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To be clear, do you mean even those with orders for a badlands in ford's system should be preparing for a 2024MY? If so, I might consider changing my order to an OBX.
The OBX life ain't that bad...

Ford Bronco My dealer says Bronco order banks will not be opening until 2024 MY. IMG_20220910_181155
Sponsored

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe already answered but was the dealer also trying to sell you one in their inventory at the same time and used that statement as a closing tactic?

AMC Ape

Badlands
First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That makes a lot of sense and what should really happen to be fair to the early orders. If you know where you plan on placing your order though, it would not hurt to reach out to them and possibly get on a list for when they do reopen so that there are not hundreds ahead of you (at that dealership) at that time.
If so, does this mean my 2023 is a Limited Edition of sorts? Certainly a rare model compared to past and future builds based on scarcity? This would certainly help ease the pain of waiting 2 years plus 3 months of reservation holding.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This whole thread is just nonsense.. your dealers don't know jack shit..ford has not said jack shit..the reservation list is an absolute joke and does not exist....nobody has a clue what is constrained and what's not...its all a guessing game . The only thing your dealer should say is take another drink🍻

Sponsored

Mike D

Outer Banks
First Name
MikefromAACO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The good news about waiting so long--at least for me--is I was able to pay in cash.

Although I ended up taking out a loan anyway for the Bronco, and paid off my wife's vehicle instead. I knew the Bronco would hold it's value and it would be practically impossible to fall underwater on the loan. So it felt like a smarter decision to pay off her vehicle instead.

(There is also the honest truth that the Bronco is basically a giant toy for me, while my wife's vehicle is a much more of a necessity in her life... but don't tell her I said that.)
Yeah, that’s what I told my wife when I left work, drove 3 hours to another state and then rolled into our driveway late at night in a Bronco. Me: “yes, we discuss vehicle purchases before we pull the trigger, but I don’t view this as a vehicle I view it as a toy so no discussion needed”. She didn’t see it that way, now I need to redo our kitchen 😳

Kreation

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know this is impossible but it would be great if there was a way that ford only took as many orders as they could produce per year. But with all the customization, part shortages, and dealer allocation it just can't be done. And just result in a mess like it is now.

Because the banks being close are great for the most important issue, getting caught up on the back log of orders already in the system. But it will allow dealers to continue to charge ADM, private sales will continue to want above MSRP for a Bronco with a years worth of mileage. And there will be another backlog to chew through when the backs reopen.

I'm already almost four months in, and expect a long road ahead of me.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't understand why so many people have over paid for their bronco, talk about taking a loss. If reservation holders "just re-ordered" they lost a lot. I changed my reservation to Granger before the first order banks opened because my local dealer said "we don't know what we are going to charge you".... my reaction was F' that; this from a dealer that sold everything at invoice. Even now everyone is running around saying paying MSRP is a "good deal"....well F' that. Mine is currently on the dealer lot and I'm paying 11.25% below sticker. That is why I did not just "re-order". Waiting 2.5 years was the only negative.

In a couple of years mine will be the same value as those that paid insane ADMs.
I didn't say anything about adm's. They could have reordered and still got a reasonable price. Personally two and half years of my life is more valuable than any adm. Certain vehicles are a good deal at msrp not just the Bronco because of what they are. The key is the "s" in msrp stands for suggested in a free market something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Would I pay adm no but those who did have just that much more time to enjoy their Bronco.

Kreation

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, four whole months you say.
Thats why I said I expect a long road ahead. I think its acceptable to think that an order should be filled in 6 months for a regually ordered vehicle, but unfortunately that is not the case for us. I'll be lucky to have any updates from my order being submitted in probably a year. And I said fill existing orders first, there's no need for your sarcasm...

Last edited:

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't say anything about adm's. They could have reordered and still got a reasonable price. Personally two and half years of my life is more valuable than any adm. Certain vehicles are a good deal at msrp not just the Bronco because of what they are. The key is the "s" in msrp stands for suggested in a free market something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Would I pay adm no but those who did have just that much more time to enjoy their Bronco.
Paying over MSRP is throwing money away. These are not high end vehicles. Unless you are going to flip it now, and that might be to late, these trucks will not be worth what they paid for them. I still don't understand why folks think differently.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Paying over MSRP is throwing money away. These are not high end vehicles. Unless you are going to flip it now, and that might be to late, these trucks will not be worth what they paid for them. I still don't understand why folks think differently.
Either way buying a new vehicle is throwing away money 99% go down in value and there's no way to predict what will become a collectable classic in the future. A new vehicle as rule is not an investment it's a need or want but not an investment.

Cincykyle1020

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No eruption green production? Am I reading that right?
The PDF I was referencing basically said no Base orEG production from March to September and the optional BL wheels are balanced out. This tells me they know something.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at the bright side… time you order one and it gets here the EV option will be available ….!!! 🤣

Gotta laugh or we d all be cryin other wise.

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As someone with a 2 year old order, I'd rather see that than a 6 month old order of the same specs as mine get built.
I agree, or Raptor’s being built and delivered in six months with a lot of the same features as my 18 month Wildtrak order.
Sponsored