Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watching a couple of bronco videos my theory sounds correct. The subscription service includes

-4G LTE Mobil Hotspot
- Over the Air Updates
- WIRELESS ACP/AA
- Ford Navigation WITH
— TRAIL MAPPING (you can even make your own trails and share the maps via the app and have your friends take the same path)

ACP/AA via USB is standard!
Assuming the Nav system will utilize GPS over LTE (and I agree with others it would be unbelievably boneheaded if it didn't), and assuming the subscriptions includes map updates (to include the trail maps), then I'm fine with a subscription service that covers this.
My kids would not be happy about a road trip without a hotspot (and I'd end up paying for data as a result).

I'm not that familiar with the various trail maps and databases out there, so I'm hoping this subscription would really include a lot of trails. Would be disappointed if I got this and then had to get a separate plan because most trails weren't in it.

Also curious if this subscription will include SiriusXM, or if that will be separate.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I really hope Ford keeps it straight forward and not sleezy. Basically you should pay if you want "online" access. If you want to just download maps and use free GPS to navigate, that should not be an ongoing expense... maybe just an fee here and there if you want updated maps.

The subscription should be reserved (and required) for Hot Spots, cellular, wifi, etc.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Assuming the Nav system will utilize GPS over LTE (and I agree with others it would be unbelievably boneheaded if it didn't), and assuming the subscriptions includes map updates (to include the trail maps), then I'm fine with a subscription service that covers this.
My kids would not be happy about a road trip without a hotspot (and I'd end up paying for data as a result).

I'm not that familiar with the various trail maps and databases out there, so I'm hoping this subscription would really include a lot of trails. Would be disappointed if I got this and then had to get a separate plan because most trails weren't in it.

Also curious if this subscription will include SiriusXM, or if that will be separate.
odds are the gps uses a hybrid system for maps. LtE for general location and satellite for exact. (Like phones)

trail maps should be very good. They hire me a company that makes the #1 trail map app.

XM will be separate because it’s 3rd party and not threw ford.

Yeah I really hope Ford keeps it straight forward and not sleezy. Basically you should pay if you want "online" access. If you want to just download maps and use free GPS to navigate, that should not be an ongoing expense... maybe just an fee here and there if you want updated maps.

The subscription should be reserved (and required) for Hot Spots, cellular, wifi, etc.
I’m wondering if that is how it works. Basic maps for free. Added updates and trail maps extra. But they should be VERY good trail maps because they are editable by users. And users can add their own trails

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My understanding is that all will have wired AA and CarPlay, but wireless will be a subscription like BMW does.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m wondering if that is how it works. Basic maps for free. Added updates and trail maps extra. But they should be VERY good trail maps because they are editable by users. And users can add their own trails
I'm new to off-roading and where I live (norther Calif) I'm struggling to find off-road places to go. So having a community that provides their own trails would be a great feature.. depending on how much and I guess how many Bronco owners there will be in my area contributing :)

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm new to off-roading and where I live (norther Calif) I'm struggling to find off-road places to go. So having a community that provides their own trails would be a great feature.. depending on how much and I guess how many Bronco owners there will be in my area contributing :)
looks like your in Cali? A LOT of people .

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm right there with you in more ways than one. This will be my first real off-roader (outside of my time in the military), and I'm also in NorCal.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm right there with you in more ways than one. This will be my first real off-roader (outside of my time in the military), and I'm also in NorCal.
Howdy Neighbor! I see you are Sac.. I'm in Roseville. Best off-roading I've been able to do so far is Folsom Lake and up in the Foresthill area. Took my XJ to Prairie city when I first got it, but haven't been back there since.

But I foresee some good road trips when I get something more reliable like a new bronco!

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Howdy Neighbor! I see you are Sac.. I'm in Roseville. Best off-roading I've been able to do so far is Folsom Lake and up in the Foresthill area. Took my XJ to Prairie city when I first got it, but haven't been back there since.

But I foresee some good road trips when I get something more reliable like a new bronco!
Actually made my reservation with the Roseville dealer.
I don't have much experience outside of the military, but did stumble across a nice trail further up the coast that I'll have to revisit with the family. Planning to check out the Foresthill area, see what the on-board trail system has around here, and then go from there.
Maybe I'll see you around!

Sponsored

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Almost everyone has a phone capable of apple carplay or android auto these days and with those you never have to pay for map updates etc. I dont know why they'd even bother with a subscription navigation service.

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I use Backcountry Navigator on my Galaxy S9. I'm off road almost daily and it works fine with no cell coverage (which is most of the places I go). Cost is $30/year for the top package of maps. Extremely easy to use.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wireless AC/AA would be awesome if it doesn't require some subscription service. If it does however, the good ol fashioned USB cable works just fine. I don't care if my phone is tethered to the cable as I don't need to use it when I'm driving anyways and it works just fine to shoot a quick text at a stop light or something.