Sponsored

Negotiating for free accessories / options?

filup01

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Were you able to add free stuff to your bronco order ? Mine is at MSRP (Canada you can't do ADM like in USA for order). I'm wondering if I buy heated seat and floor carpeting plus winter tire... can I get floor carpet for free ?

I'm usually good at this but atm I don't really have any lever on the dealer... it's not like I could pretend I'll buy it somewhere else if he doesn't give me anything.
With ADM not allowed in Canada, you should’ve ordered 20 Everglades and brought them down here to sell. I guarantee you would’ve made at least 10k (USD) on every one if not more.
Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The arrogance by some of these "sales" people is eye opening. I for one wont miss it when the dealership model goes away. The same guys acting like theyre doing you a favor today will be calling and begging in a year when rates go up. What people dont realize is that things change quickly and the whole "support local dealers" and "buy American" ads werent that long ago. For folks who get worked up over surveys, youd think theyd have an ounce of humility rather than bashing someone trying to save a few bucks. As if the dealers dont haggle over $5 a month. Just remember, times arent always good. The person you turn away today might go buy a Toyotya and never look back.
Exactly. The smug responses these "professionals" are giving, to a fairly reasonable question, turns my stomach.

Plenty of profit is being made at MSRP, and I am thankful Ford is restraining these guys on the ADM If they are so insulted by being asked for a $250 freebie on a $60,000 vehicle.

I am now squarely on the side of direct dealing with the manufacturer; based solely on this thread.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly. The smug responses these "professionals" are giving, to a fairly reasonable question, turns my stomach.

Plenty of profit is being made at MSRP, and I am thankful Ford is restraining these guys on the ADM If they are so insulted by being asked for a $250 freebie on a $60,000 vehicle.

I am now squarely on the side of direct dealing with the manufacturer; based solely on this thread.
...Jim Farley talked about that last week...Ford will split into 2 companies ..Ford..and Ford Blue...FB will deal like Tesla...and after many court cases....and many years..the original Ford will be history..

freekyzilla

Outer Banks
First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer hooked me up with all this swag since my Bronco was in production for 2.5 months. Maybe you can get some SWAG

B84236D9-783E-4E22-856C-5436526FB1C7.jpeg
That's cool! I work for a Fortune 500 co., in Sales, and I've always got swag for good clients. My closet is full of surplus swag from not being able to have face to face meetings for 2 years!

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The sales people that have appeared in this thread and their comments are representative of why people detest car sales people and dealerships. I guess at least they represented their stereotypes well. Pitiful display in a community for enthusiasts of a vehicle with a long tale in American automotive history.

I've said it before, it's funny watching these sales persons and dealers playing the almighty, snarky role when just 2 years ago at the beginning of COVID they were crying and whining about the lackluster market, no car sales and begging people to buy cars to help them (and many took PPE money from the feds that they then requested forgiveness on). And, then back in 2008 when the economy crashed bigger than ever many were also crying about a lack of sales and begging for customers (and again begging for money from the federal government to bail them out). Seems many have short memories and are in for the short game (there are others who do act respectfully and understand the long game). I don't think the American car buying public will have equally short memories about these particular dealers and their sales persons. Times will change, and the current dynamics will shift or be disrupted. Can you hear the whining of these same sales persons in the distant winds?

Last edited:

Sponsored

freekyzilla

Outer Banks
First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where did you get the information there are no ADM fees in Canada? ADM's are a reality on everything out there, even in Canada. You've got to find yourself a dealer that will sell to you at MSRP. If you've found one of those, consider yourself fortunate. The only "freebie" I received on the Bronco in Canada purchased at MSRP was the $500 in FordPass points towards accessories because of the 16 month wait I had to endure. When I was shopping for a GT350 a few years ago, a $10k ADM was a bargain at dealers in the GTA.
I've also seen many examples of ADM here in Vancouver, BC. A reservation holder backs out, but the dealer doesn't cancel the order and out of 'good faith' refund the deposit. Upon vehicle delivery, the dealer adds fender flares, bigger tires and charges $10k over msrp. Pretty good scam. They all say they don't add ADM but neglect to mention they are only referring to 'special orders'. Dealer stock is fair game. Perhaps they skirt the law (is it a law?) by modifying the vehicle before the ADM?

I drove through an Automall the other day and it's not just Ford having supply chain issues. There's very few new vehicles on the lots, so ADM is not just greedy, its probably necessary to survive.

I can't see the traditional car dealership model lasting much longer. Considering how valuable land is here, using up a couple acres of land to park 100's of new cars doesn't make much sense. Most consumers already know exactly what they want before they step a foot into a dealership. Personally, I would prefer to test drive at the dealership and then go home and order exactly what i want like the Tesla sales model.

I wonder if the Finance Dept suffers from consumers not getting extended warrantees/undercoating/security etching blah blah due to the fact they're already feeling hosed from paying full msrp?

filup01

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The arrogance by some of these "sales" people is eye opening. I for one wont miss it when the dealership model goes away. The same guys acting like theyre doing you a favor today will be calling and begging in a year when rates go up. What people dont realize is that things change quickly and the whole "support local dealers" and "buy American" ads werent that long ago. For folks who get worked up over surveys, youd think theyd have an ounce of humility rather than bashing someone trying to save a few bucks. As if the dealers dont haggle over $5 a month. Just remember, times arent always good. The person you turn away today might go buy a Toyotya and never look back.
Salesmen/saleswomen jump from dealer to dealer like the fast food industry. One may work at a Ford dealer today but they’ll be at Toyota tomorrow. Proof of this is when you ask the salesman detailed questions about the vehicle or any vehicle on their lot. They will always say that it’s too much and there’s too many options to keep up with but oddly, I can keep up with them and I don’t do it for a living. Instead, I research to be a more educated consumer. If I don’t, I make costly and poor decisions. The salesman doesn’t give a shit though. As soon as you get frustrated and leave, someone else that didn’t do their research will walk in and be fooled by, most often times, incorrect information. If they sucker enough people and stay at that dealership long enough, they get rewarded and move up to sales manager so they can really rip you off or shift to the finance office to sell you needless crap and really rape your wallet. Even when you tell the guy in the beginning “I don’t want anything” they still ask you every little question and pull out some overly used brochure so you can get a visual representation of how bad you’re going to get screwed if you say yes to anything.

Yeah, I hate dealers. I think that’s pretty clear by now and I didn’t even talk about service departments (that’ll be a book of failures). Nonetheless, they are a necessary evil if you want to buy anything but an electric car. In short, they don’t know the product they are selling, they lie, they suck, and unfortunately, aren’t going anywhere any time soon. The end.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would certainly ask your dealer about that customer appreciation kickback. Dealer doesn’t really owe you anything, but if they are decent people and you’ve built some kind of relationship, they will most likely admit it is a real thing. Dealers have probably $600-$1k per customer, but that’s been up for debate a while. I got about $600 because I asked the GM. I ordered some accessories. Could’ve been aggressive and pushed for $1k, but I felt that them honoring MSRP and being transparent during the whole process, was worth more than another few hundred dollars towards an accessory. I got my Bronco and a few goodies thrown in, happy customer over here.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got all the free coffee and water I could drink while I was at the dealership. I probably could have got a free bag of chips out of the vending machine if I were a better negotiator, but I wasn’t really hungry.

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got all the free coffee and water I could drink while I was at the dealership. I probably could have got a free bag of chips out of the vending machine if I were a better negotiator, but I wasn’t really hungry.
I have customers who act really surprised that I swipe my card for them... its a $1.50 versus one of the biggest purchases someone can make - I can handle it

Sponsored

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, this thread has got my blood boiling! Last time I checked, we live in America. Negotiating the best deal is in our nature I don't care what economic climate we're in. I guess we're just supposed to "just be happy we're getting a Bronco." Screw that. I have the right to ask for more just as you have the right to say no.

Besides, what did you do for me to sell me my Bronco? You took my order, and you just need to hand me off to your finance manager to sign the paperwork. No offense to fast-food workers, but the skill you need to accomplish what I'm asking here is not even as hard as a McDonalds's cashier. I don't even want you to "detail" my car cause you'll screw that up too.

You want me to treat you differently and with respect? How about you show the same to your customers and actually DO something other than entering my order in your PC. Ford has allocated $1,000 per customer for get this... Customer Satisfaction. Maybe start there.

This post isn't for the good salesmen who actually care about their customers. And I want to apologize if I offended you.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From my past vehicle buying experience, I'll usually ask if they'll add something very simple... Like a cargo net or touch-up paint or something. I'm talking < $100. Usually it's a non-issue.

However, with the Bronco I didn't want to rock the boat at all and didn't ask for anything. They gave me some Bronco hats (without asking) but that was all, which was fine.

If you do ask, I would keep it simple, ask once, and if you're told no then just drop it and move on. There's no harm in asking.

Quinlans Rig

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didn't try to ask for any freebies, but after I picked up my Bronco from the dealership; I was sent a review. Let's just say the experience wasn't spectacular. I get a message from the sales rep and he offered to make things right. In the end I got all weather 4-door floor+cargo mats and a wildtrak grill for my troubles.
Sponsored