Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
They'll automatically switch out of recirc on their own. I think I read that explorers do the same and its because of how exhaust fumes collect behind the car when in motion (wind shadow?) or something... Did you happen to notice if your recirc light switched?
Thanks, that likely explains the observation. Unfortunately it is annoying to go from comfortable to cold because it decided to do this automatically.
Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

HVAC has a program built into it to cycle the recirc off after a certain amount of time and bring in fresh air. I have a feeling this was included on Ford vehicles after the Explorer exhaust intrusion issues a few years ago. The idea is clean air is healthier air, purges out any any exhaust gas that may've found it's way in and possibly help reduce the concentration of germs or other nasties in the air. Long story short, it's built into the system and normal.
Good to know Thanks!

This is why I like to read the entire manual of new cars when I get them. It's not only informative, but enjoyable for us old guys. I sat in our clubhouse parking lot the day after buying my Mazda reading and playing with the new stuff. And, since my last vehicle was 10 years older, there was more than a few things regarding the infotainment system, one touch feature on a button and such to learn too.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good to know Thanks!

This is why I like to read the entire manual of new cars when I get them. It's not only informative, but enjoyable for us old guys. I sat in our clubhouse parking lot the day after buying my Mazda reading and playing with the new stuff. And, since my last vehicle was 10 years older, there was more than a few things regarding the infotainment system, one touch feature on a button and such to learn too.
I read all text in manuals as well. The manufacturer lays it all out for you in the most consolidated way, and with an index. So many people on here need to RTFM and answer their own questions...

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holes let the water out so it doesn’t sit in there and rust. You may see some drops under it that will look black or sooty after you get some miles on her. Muffler should have a couple in it also.

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The outside air coming in automatically is normal as others have said. It did it on my Bronco Sport and Maverick. I said did. Hasn’t done it since last winter. So I suspect it is based on outdoor temperature. Once it cools down in Florida, I’m sure it will start again. Very irritating function. I didn’t say feature. Find the thermostat and relocate it where it’s warm in the engine bay.

sptu

Big Bend
First Name
Gustavo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
HVAC has a program built into it to cycle the recirc off after a certain amount of time and bring in fresh air. I have a feeling this was included on Ford vehicles after the Explorer exhaust intrusion issues a few years ago. The idea is clean air is healthier air, purges out any any exhaust gas that may've found it's way in and possibly help reduce the concentration of germs or other nasties in the air. Long story short, it's built into the system and normal.
Thank you! It just happened to me yesterday. I thought it was because the recirc was on, but I tried turning it off and it kept happening. So either too hot or too cold, there is nothing in between while driving at 70mph.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you! It just happened to me yesterday. I thought it was because the recirc was on, but I tried turning it off and it kept happening. So either too hot or too cold, there is nothing in between while driving at 70mph.
The change over is very noticeable which is unfortunate since the actuator motors can be regulated, not just open or closed. I would think some programming could help make the air change out less apparent which would also keep the cabin temp variation less drastic when it happens. Aside from the air distribution for floor and rear ducts being an issue, this is my only other beef with this system.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip is correct in that it does fluctuate. It was driving me nuts after I did a road trip this summer so I started digging in the manual and found this quip:

Ford Bronco New Bronco, a few concerns. Screenshot 2022-07-10 052638

Now the thing that puzzles me is that on long drives the recirculate stays lit though you can tell it shifted to outside vent. I'd do a quick double tap on the button and it would go back to normal.

Now during my daily use, every morning I will put it on recirculate and will notice that it switches and I look down and the recirculate light is off. Don't know if there is a reason behind this or if it's just gremlins in the system which seems to be common.
Sponsored