KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those of you with a hardtop (or waiting), how much $ would it take for you to sell/trade your hardtop? I have a hardtop ordered, but I want to end up with a soft top.

Do ya'll think anyone would be interested in a trade if the ask was soft top +3-4k or something? I feel like that sounds steep, but for anyone that took the $2500 to swap MIC to soft top, I think they could trade soft top + 3k for a MIC top and come out ahead.

Thoughts?

You would absolutely have takers on that. I would be interested myself if we were closer geographically.

Aftermarket tops are $6,000 so $3k for the OEM top is a deal.
Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 row Sunrider = Skyrider. And I can verify a Sunrider makes zero sense on a 4 door when the Skyrider now exists. A true open air experience, we love it.

If your just taking the Skyrider off to run completely topless, its only 9 bolts. Cant imagine its any more of a hassle than taking a softtop off which doesnt look fun. Both would require two people.

If you want to switch back and forth to hardtop panels and Skyrider, thats when it becomes a bit of a hassle, replacing brackets on the roll bar and clamshell.
Interesting. I see November through March basically running hard top panels. In March sometime switching over skyrider, then in June sometime removing it completely back to panels

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Then you donā€™t get any top. Seems foolish unless you live in a biosphere or underground.
Unless you already have a soft top and a hard top; or want to just run a soft top from Bestop.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interesting. I see November through March basically running hard top panels. In March sometime switching over skyrider, then in June sometime removing it completely back to panels
Ya thatā€™s a lot of back and forth with the brackets. I know living in Texas there is zero chance I will ever put the panels back on. Unless your worried about large accumulations of snow(which soft tops donā€™t seem to have a problem with), I donā€™t see any reason you would put them back on.

PurpleBronco2.3

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unless you already have a soft top and a hard top; or want to just run a soft top from Bestop.
Where do you work and are you hiring? I want fire money.

Sponsored

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I waited 930+ days for my Bronco with a hard top.
It does not squeak or have any cracks or other issues at all.

I am so so glad I waited for the hard top. I can not imagine daily life with the soft top.
I've had a soft top only since 2008. There was no way I was not getting a hardtop. I thought I wanted both, but now I'm 100% glad I did not waste the money on the factory soft top, talk about a bad design.

If I ever get a soft top it will be the bestop version, lower cost and better design.

Loving my hard top, no leaks, low noise, and no cracks, well, after 3,500 miles that is.

Sponsored

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those of you with a hardtop (or waiting), how much $ would it take for you to sell/trade your hardtop? I have a hardtop ordered, but I want to end up with a soft top.

Do ya'll think anyone would be interested in a trade if the ask was soft top +3-4k or something? I feel like that sounds steep, but for anyone that took the $2500 to swap MIC to soft top, I think they could trade soft top + 3k for a MIC top and come out ahead.

Thoughts?
I think you'd get some takers for sure! Heck, I'd almost consider it myself. I'm not ready to part with my hardtop yet though. I haven't driven a soft top only vehicle since I was a teenager (many moons ago). I've been toying with the idea of a soft top, but even if I do I feel like I'll hold onto the hard top for a while to be sure I made the right choice.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™ve had a soft top for a year and will be taking delivery of my hard top build in April (hopefully) Iā€™m already getting nervous about the lack of functionality with the hard top. I routinely pop the top back to position 1 on medium cold but sunny days for the drive. Iā€™m worried how sad Iā€™ll be when I lose that 3 second open and close ability. Iā€™ve thought about sunrider which Iā€™ll probably do but then I only get one row. The two row sunrider apparently is difficult to remove completely so some consider it a semi permanent mod. But the hard top looks better šŸ˜¢ you canā€™t have your cake and eat it too
yea I get that for sure.
Im just not crazy about how a half open soft top looks sticking up in the air
sorta looks unfinished or like they couldnt figure out how to make it flat

Screenshot 2023-02-15 125727.jpg

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure hope the Mod Tops aren't made by these clowns.