Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
  • Banned
From this thread: New Negotiation Strategy (which was closed due to hijack by a departed member)

Judge Rufus said:
I'm going to wait until after the B&P is up and have configured about 50 variations and then settled on my top two, which will likely either be a fully loaded Badlands or Wildtrak. Then I'm going to my local dealer and tell them that they either come down to "invoice" and limited fees (similar pricing to what would have been with X-plan) or I'm switching to one of the longer distance options of Invoice less $1,000 or more.

The extra $1,000 will cover whatever logistics I will end up using to get my Bronco to where it needs to end up.

I'm currently in East Texas, but am likely moving to Colorado Springs next Springs. So, I can either jump on the Texas buy-in or the Granger/Colorado group.

Paying MSRP isn't in my plan.
In the interest of sharing, here's where I stand currently. I was in Colorado (Denver area) this past weekend visiting my son, his wife and grandson. My wife and I are likely moving to Colorado early next year.

I needed to get out of the house for a few hours and dropped by a couple of Ford dealers and to make my pitch. One, flat out threw down the line that they weren't sure how they were going to price the Bronco, but nothing below MSRP. The other one listened to my pitch. They are a large multistate dealer, and from posts by other 6G users, one of their sister dealerships in another state have been open to negotiation. They ultimately agreed to pricing at X-Plan with the presentation of a PIN, even though they understand that the Bronco is not X-Plan eligible. This includes limiting the dealer fees consistent with X-Plan pricing. I've already moved my reservation. They are not advertising this price, so I will not be including the name of the dealer. But am very happy to get what I wanted to achieve.

If you are still struggling to get where you want, there is still time and dealers are willing to negotiate.

Good luck.
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From this thread: New Negotiation Strategy (which was closed due to hijack by a departed member)

In the interest of sharing, here's where I stand currently. I was in Colorado (Denver area) this past weekend visiting my son, his wife and grandson. My wife and I are likely moving to Colorado early next year.

I needed to get out of the house for a few hours and dropped by a couple of Ford dealers and to make my pitch. One, flat out threw down the line that they weren't sure how they were going to price the Bronco, but nothing below MSRP. The other one listened to my pitch. They are a large multistate dealer, and from posts by other 6G users, one of their sister dealerships in another state have been open to negotiation. They ultimately agreed to pricing at X-Plan with the presentation of a PIN, even though they understand that the Bronco is not X-Plan eligible. This includes limiting the dealer fees consistent with X-Plan pricing. I've already moved my reservation. They are not advertising this price, so I will not be including the name of the dealer. But am very happy to get what I wanted to achieve.

If you are still struggling to get where you want, there is still time and dealers are willing to negotiate.

Good luck.
That's great you were able to find a deal. Almost every dealer we've talked to so far in NJ and even Eastern PA. says no way anyone is selling below MSRP... And absolutely nothing at x plan price since Ford killed that.

Goes to show the type of a-hole dealers we have out this way.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Good luck.
Because Car dealers don't want to sell more cars....

Ford Bronco New Negotiation Strategy - UPDATED 1604001569806

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Powerstroke Bronco, Cummins Bronco, LS Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you tell us the name of the dealer, I will switch right now. It can only help them out!

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Knowing owners of dealers personally - I tend to dislike them all.
Granger is still the best deal available and I will make that 600 mile drive to save an extra few hundred mainly out of principle

Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's great you were able to find a deal. Almost every dealer we've talked to so far in NJ and even Eastern PA. says no way anyone is selling below MSRP... And absolutely nothing at x plan price since Ford killed that.

Goes to show the type of a-hole dealers we have out this way.
+1

Dealers here in Phoenix act like I owe them a paid weekend vacation in Vegas, with free hookers and blow included.

@Judge Rufus , glad you got your deal, but you should let long time CO posters PM for the info.
You are only helping them.
And the dealer will make more of a % on holdbacks as the sold units grows.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Knowing owners of dealers personally - I tend to dislike them all.
Granger is still the best deal available and I will make that 600 mile drive to save an extra few hundred mainly out of principle
I can always respect a man with principle!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you tell us the name of the dealer, I will switch right now. It can only help them out!
The problem with publicly naming a dealership is that there are other direct competitors that lurk on here and they don't seem to have a problem running interference or trying to discredit that dealership or their offer. We have seen it happen out in the open on this forum and we have seen the evidence of it happening behind the scenes. Just ask the boys in NO LA, they found a dealership to play ball and a competitor of theirs cried to their state's auto dealership association just to cause trouble. Best to request the desired info in a direct message.

To the OP, glad you were able to negotiate yourself a deal.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They ultimately agreed to pricing at X-Plan with the presentation of a PIN, even though they understand that the Bronco is not X-Plan eligible. This includes limiting the dealer fees consistent with X-Plan pricing.
Nice job!

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh boy, I didn't realize that original post went another 10 pages deep after I last posted on it. Good read lol.

I've been shopping Granger's deal amongst my local dealers. All have balked at coming off MSRP so far.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just realize that playing nice might get you more than being a PITA. SOOOOOO many people are PITA now, it's really sad. I'm in biz and just fired a bunch of them from being my clients anymore. Just not worth it. So if you become one of those, realize that that dealership has plenty of others to choose from. They have want you want. Telling them you love them will work better than demands.
Sponsored