Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But does adding HOSS mean our base price gets increased by the $1,750 as well? I’ve asked that question as well. Will let you know what I get.
So the way I see it is that Ford knows the issues with existing tierods and should just upgrade all waiting 2021 n 2022 WT customers w/o any questions, it's a way of saying thank you for your patience and being a Ford loyal customer(.)
Sponsored

TRH

Raptor
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So the way I see it is that Ford knows the issues with existing tierods and should just upgrade all waiting 2021 n 2022 WT customers w/o any questions, it's a way of saying thank you for your patience and being a Ford loyal customer(.)
Agreed. But we all know that’s not going to happen.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How sweet would it have been if first editions had been the only trim to have SBD and Hoss 3.0? 😎

I would love a trim like that between whatever the top trim now is and the Raptor.

$65k You get ALL the suspension goodies.

but realistically I’ll settle for the following Ford Performance upgrades being offered:

- GOAT Mode Key: unlocks all GOAT modes you have the hardware for (Rock Crawl in WT, Sport in Badlands, etc)
- upgraded steering rack and tie rods

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The fact that this pic keeps getting used to reference poor quality is the perfect example of what’s wrong with our society today.
Exactly this. No context, could be one off and nobody knows how it happened. I’m sure the stock setup is just fine for normal road and moderate off-road use. I swear some of you guys think you should be able rock crawl, slide off a boulder, bash a fender on a tree and complain that Fords design sucked. But hey, some guys just gotta send it in every way humanly possible.

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly this. No context, could be one off and nobody knows how it happened. I’m sure the stock setup is just fine for normal road and moderate off-road use. I swear some of you guys think you should be able rock crawl, slide off a boulder, bash a fender on a tree and complain that Fords design sucked. But hey, some guys just gotta send it in every way humanly possible.
More importantly, research the context like I have and you’d know it’s even less indicative of an issue than someone sending it or crawling too hard.

Sponsored

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For $2500 this seems to be an absolute steal. No idea how much the rack will be but for example full retail on a factory Ranger 2019 and up complete rack is $1,585. Being a Ford 'Performance' part will probably add a few hundred. Plus $400 skids, and Fox 2.5 dampeners. Fox 2.5 suspension package (F&R) for the Ranger is $3000. I know they aren't the same, but performance wise, I'd bet they're close, but the Ford items aren't adjustable.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is this a new option for the 2022 Wildtrak's? Found on Build and Price, and didn't see it mentioned anywhere else.
Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 11.07.08 PM.png
Just read an article about it. Too bad for us WT owners sitting on ice mountain....

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just for curiosities sake, what small displacement V8 that they build should they have put in it?
I'm not much of an engineer but I did have a couple of early Fords that had 289 cu in V-8. Im sure with todays engineering something like that could be designed to get max performance with better mileage that would fit in the engine compartment. I dont think it would need to be turbo charged but could deliver at least 300 hp without a bunch of mods. I'm not liking this 2.7 turbo technological nightmare. My 2000 f-350 7.3 deisel full size dually super cab truck. Gets better mileage than my bronco. I haven't got better than 14 mpg in my Bronco .I'm sure they could cut the weight down of the old 289 by using aluminium. I sure liked the simplicity of older motors without all the crap. I think my old 289 got as good as mileage as the Broncos are getting. Just a thought.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not much of an engineer but I did have a couple of early Fords that had 289 cu in V-8. Im sure with todays engineering something like that could be designed to get max performance with better mileage that would fit in the engine compartment. I dont think it would need to be turbo charged but could deliver at least 300 hp without a bunch of mods. I'm not liking this 2.7 turbo technological nightmare. My 2000 f-350 7.3 deisel full size dually super cab truck. Gets better mileage than my bronco. I haven't got better than 14 mpg in my Bronco .I'm sure they could cut the weight down of the old 289 by using aluminium. I sure liked the simplicity of older motors without all the crap. I think my old 289 got as good as mileage as the Broncos are getting. Just a thought.
Complexity plagues all of modern engineering. There needs to be a resurgence of simplicity. Just looking at it from a higher level, they market it as “ecoboost.” What does “eco” mean? Certainly not better gas mileage. So we lost all of the cool factor of the V8 sound and gained what?

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More importantly, research the context like I have and you’d know it’s even less indicative of an issue than someone sending it or crawling too hard.
You guys have apparently latched onto this one instance of the broken steering that I posted and are trying to completely dismiss it as an issue.

Maybe that is exactly “what’s wrong with society today?”

Forming an opinion and then immediately shooting down and dismissing any opposing ones for the most miniscule reasons.

Perhaps this one experience was a bad example, but it’s not the only occurrence we’ve seen. What about this one? Is this being too hard on the bronco?

https://bronco6g.com/forum/threads/...n-rack-and-pinion-🤬.31720/page-2#post-1066655

sergk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For $2500 this seems to be an absolute steal. No idea how much the rack will be but for example full retail on a factory Ranger 2019 and up complete rack is $1,585. Being a Ford 'Performance' part will probably add a few hundred. Plus $400 skids, and Fox 2.5 dampeners. Fox 2.5 suspension package (F&R) for the Ranger is $3000. I know they aren't the same, but performance wise, I'd bet they're close, but the Ford items aren't adjustable.
$2500 difference with HOSS 2.0+ that is.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lord mercy, I'm done worrying with Ford. My original order was the Wildtrak. They changed enough to make it essentially a useless trim and now they finally do something about it after I switch to a Badlands. Mine will probably get scheduled before it becomes an orderable option. I'm sticking with what I've got. I'm glad they did something to distinguish the trim.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am bummed...I saw 3.0 and thought 3.0 v6 =400hp...but bummer it is just another hoss setup...sure better from Fox but still an easy bolt on along with the rack and tie rods. Sure it is a great deal if ya are already spending for a wildtrak but even if the parts are $7k it is still half price of upgrading from a base 2.7 Sasquatch...and I am not sure how much more articulation the Fox setup offers?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What a kick in the balls to previous Wildtrack buyers.
…and those that paid up some for an OBX sas over a WT.

WT went from being a similar trim with subjectively different/weaker interior colors, then dropped to paintless handles and mirrors in 2022 making it even more of a questionable trim.

Finally ford realized the Wildtrak trim didn’t have enough cachet. This will push down the image of an OBX sas a little further, by way of comparison. Which I guess is the whole point - make the WT trim more justifiable
Sponsored

Last edited: