AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
guessing you never owned a jeep?
I've owned several Jeeps. In fact, I traded in a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 for the Bronco. I know the Grand Cherokee is a different type of vehicle, but I can tell for sure that there were no squeaks or rattles even at 40k miles (there's only 4,000 miles on the Bronco). I don't have much experience with Wranglers – I've only rented them a few times.
Sponsored

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

a
I've owned several Jeeps. In fact, I traded in a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 5.7 for the Bronco. I know the Grand Cherokee is a different type of vehicle, but I can tell for sure that there were no squeaks or rattles even at 40k miles (there's only 4,000 miles on the Bronco). I don't have much experience with Wranglers – I've only rented them a few times.
A GC is a Jeep the way a sport is a Bronco.... I almost wrote, wrangler, and should have... The bronco is more like my old JK wrangler and certainly not the fit and finish of my Audi S5 Cabrio...

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We are shooting for a late January 2023 release. We will be discussing internally whether we do a presale or not and will release more information as we make a few decisions!
@IAG Performance

January ends next week. Any closer to releasing this product?

I'm probably buying hammerbuilt and braptor hinges if not...

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

July 2020 too. Still waiting. Rolled to 2023, no production date. 2 door Sasquatch. Order is still on the books and confirmed by Ford, so no one stole it. Have some sympathy.
I thought my wait was long. Aug 2020 res, built Apr 2022. 2-door BaseSquatch and a relatively small dealership. Mind blowing that there’s still people waiting with July/Aug 2020 reservations. Did you actually covert to an order is Feb/mar of 2021. My timeline was like many others: converted to order in march 2021, got pushed to a my22 in June 21, final order locked Oct 21, VIN dec 21, order week Mar 22, built/delivered Apr 22.

Sponsored

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I already removed a table (genuine OEM Ford product) and plastic covers – there's nothing but the stock 35" wheel hanging on the tailgate.

I realize that Ford is not going to pay for an aftermarket solution, but they definitely need to come up with something that makes the tailgate structure more rigid.
Strange. I never had any noise coming from the tailgate with the stock 35s even off-road. After going to 105lb 37” and JcrOffroad relo/reinforcement, still no noise but I’ve only been driving on the street so far. I do worry about the forces on the hinges when I do eventually hit the trails. This product definitely interests me.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@IAG Performance

January ends next week. Any closer to releasing this product?

I'm probably buying hammerbuilt and braptor hinges if not...
I have the HB and Raptor hinges...and I bought the RTR (and sold it...after I bought and gave away the BAMF and RC brackets). There is NO comparison between aluminum and steel hinges...steel hinges are far superior. The aluminum hinges may look cool, but they (RTR) use a steel bolt as the pin...and there is play in the hinges even if the bolt is cranked down. Additionally, there will be eventual corrosion between the dissimilar metals. I imagine any product that uses aluminum for a hinge will have the same issue. With play in the hinges, that means over-adjusting the gate to compensate for the play...and that means getting the tailgate to line up is a challenge. The other thing to consider is that the HB plate is tapped with steel threaded PEMs, and the plate is bolted to steel hinges...and they already have the additional mount for not only an antenna but also Max Trax, MFC carrier, hi lift, RotoPax, shovel, etc. With aluminum threaded material, unless you are super careful, those threads will end up buggered. If you intend to go really heavy in your gate, check out the slick Road Armor Stealth bumper/swing out carrier that articulates with the gate.

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the HB and Raptor hinges...and I bought the RTR (and sold it...after I bought and gave away the BAMF and RC brackets). There is NO comparison between aluminum and steel hinges...steel hinges are far superior. The aluminum hinges may look cool, but they (RTR) use a steel bolt as the pin...and there is play in the hinges even if the bolt is cranked down. Additionally, there will be eventual corrosion between the dissimilar metals. I imagine any product that uses aluminum for a hinge will have the same issue. With play in the hinges, that means over-adjusting the gate to compensate for the play...and that means getting the tailgate to line up is a challenge. The other thing to consider is that the HB plate is tapped with steel threaded PEMs, and the plate is bolted to steel hinges...and they already have the additional mount for not only an antenna but also Max Trax, MFC carrier, hi lift, RotoPax, shovel, etc. With aluminum threaded material, unless you are super careful, those threads will end up buggered. If you intend to go really heavy in your gate, check out the slick Road Armor Stealth bumper/swing out carrier that articulates with the gate.
by chance do you have the part #’s for the Braptor hinges?

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

good analysis, without me looking at what IAG is designing, I am assuming you are having some criticism of their product?

the Road Armour bumper combo is good, but there is another by LOD which has a bumper mounted/integrated tire carrier and a host of bolt on options. The unique feature about the LOD one is that it secures the back of the tire carrier to the rear door where the factory tire carrier was and to open it, you only need to open your rear door as normal, opening the carrier with it.

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
good analysis, without me looking at what IAG is designing, I am assuming you are having some criticism of their product?

the Road Armour bumper combo is good, but there is another by LOD which has a bumper mounted/integrated tire carrier and a host of bolt on options. The unique feature about the LOD one is that it secures the back of the tire carrier to the rear door where the factory tire carrier was and to open it, you only need to open your rear door as normal, opening the carrier with it.
The Road Armor swing out carrier also integrates with the tailgate and opens in unison. I like the Road Armor in particular because it is similar in design to the modular front bumper and it is not too narrow or too wide...and it has good departure angle as well as a centered spare that doesn't block out much of the rear window visibility like some other brands tend to do. It also has a functional license plate relocation setup (and they often have significant sales). Many of the bumpers out there are much too angular for my tastes, but the Road Armor seems to flow with the Bronco lines (more subtle corners).

My criticism is not specifically with any particular product but more so the choice of constructing a high-stress item like a hinge out of aluminum (a hinge, especially, which requires a steel pressed pin or a bolt). Many manufacturers seem to be going for appearance versus functionality, and although burly aluminum looks cool I would wager that aluminum hinges will not perform as reliably as steel. For the same weight overall, a much thinner steel plate with more reliable threaded options and the capacity to carry more weight seems to be more useful for folks who intend to be pushing their equipment harder.

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought my wait was long. Aug 2020 res, built Apr 2022. 2-door BaseSquatch and a relatively small dealership. Mind blowing that there’s still people waiting with July/Aug 2020 reservations. Did you actually covert to an order is Feb/mar of 2021. My timeline was like many others: converted to order in march 2021, got pushed to a my22 in June 21, final order locked Oct 21, VIN dec 21, order week Mar 22, built/delivered Apr 22.
With all the recent announcements, I gave up on my order and bought off the lot. At least it’s a 2 door Sasquatch. I had to pay a bit over MSRP, but it’s a base, so saved some there. A few upgrades and I can get near the BD I ordered. I like the truck, but not happy with Ford.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Road Armor swing out carrier also integrates with the tailgate and opens in unison. I like the Road Armor in particular because it is similar in design to the modular front bumper and it is not too narrow or too wide...and it has good departure angle as well as a centered spare that doesn't block out much of the rear window visibility like some other brands tend to do. It also has a functional license plate relocation setup (and they often have significant sales). Many of the bumpers out there are much too angular for my tastes, but the Road Armor seems to flow with the Bronco lines (more subtle corners).

My criticism is not specifically with any particular product but more so the choice of constructing a high-stress item like a hinge out of aluminum (a hinge, especially, which requires a steel pressed pin or a bolt). Many manufacturers seem to be going for appearance versus functionality, and although burly aluminum looks cool I would wager that aluminum hinges will not perform as reliably as steel. For the same weight overall, a much thinner steel plate with more reliable threaded options and the capacity to carry more weight seems to be more useful for folks who intend to be pushing their equipment harder.
do you have a link? I couldn't find the road armour product on their site.