Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it looks like Ford has lied to us once again. Despite Ford clearly saying that the Broncos already produced with the bad MIC Tops that are currently being held at MAP (actually sitting on Dirt Mountain) would get new tops before producing any additional vehicles with hard tops, it looks like that is not the case. The FE shown below was produced this week (9/16/21), shows as built, and is scheduled to be shipped. How can Ford continually lie to (or at the very least mislead) the customers over and over again?

Care to comment @Ford Motor Company ?

8225936B-993D-416C-857E-9FF48453F46A.png

97E8D0EF-FEAD-4640-B37B-B23D0F826FAC.jpeg
Is it possible that this is an FE that was at DM? There was one day between production and built...
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Its definitely a MIC top because its a FE

2. It has a "Built" date on the tracker and est. shipping time which is more than anyone stuck on Dirt Mountain has.
1. But you don't know if it is MIC 2.0
2. And it has not yet shipped

Why not gather all the facts before jumping to conclusions and stirring up the entire forum?

You even got some poor guy pissed off enough to write a strongly worded email to his dealer.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

THe dealership should add “or else!” When addressing their Ford rep.

I also liked how we blocked the dealer from the greeting, but called out Miracle Ford in the main body.
That was my Sales Mgr.'s name, don't mind giving them some air space. Selling to me at $500 less than MSRP.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How do you know they didn't already replace your top? Because the tracker hasn't been updated?

Maybe calm down a bit and get a better picture of what's going on. My bet is we'll have good news about Dirt Mountain sometime early next week.
Some probably expect when a top gets replaced that someone is gonna grab a keyboard and send a message. It takes time to work through the entire process. Have some patience.

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1. But you don't know if it is MIC 2.0
2. And it has not yet shipped

Why not gather all the facts before jumping to conclusions and stirring up the entire forum?

You even got some poor guy pissed off enough to write a strongly worded email to his dealer.
That's me, and I was already pretty pissed off. Clearly it was built while the dirt mountain is still in a deluge of 1.0 topped Broncos. Unfortunately, the Bronco is a next-gen design that I can't walk away from thinking that the Outback Wilderness would be anything but a disappointment after seeing the new Bronco. I love Ford for a variety of reasons, and not hating them a bit over this, but, c'mon guys, ship my damned truck already.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You expect dealers to look out for our best interests? The same dealers that are slapping $15k worth of ADM on the vehicles we’ve been waiting for over the last year and some change? I’m sure they’d be overjoyed if you’d just get pissed off and cancel your order.
Not my dealer, some maybe. Hell, they're selling it to me for $500 under MSRP.

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Rick you're doing that whole Ford apologist thing again
(While I agree there's entitlement in his post, I feel that Ford... a large corporate public entity should definitely feel the burn for this FAILED launch.. covid excuses or not. Otherwise nothing will improve)
The larger point is: It just doesn't matter

THEY invested the money, THEY have absorbed all the risk, THEY have all the burden.

We're just sitting back and armchair quarterbacking (or armchair bitching, as it relates to most of the forum)

If this was really about you/we/us/individual customers, then speak with your pocketbooks and buy a competitors product! That power always resides with us as individuals.

Other than that, you/we/us/individual customers have exactly as much say or ability to be butt-hurt about this process as we have skin in the game and risk (namely: A refundable, crisp, $100 note).

The rest is just sour grapes.

FWIW: I've been building out a CT4-V Blackwing.... If I feel like going elsewhere with my hard earned dollars, there is always options with a manual transmission, although not many.

Ford Bronco Newly Produced Broncos Being Shipped with MIC Top 2.0 Ahead of "Dirt Mountain" Replacements? 1631915431098

Wonder if I could bitch and moan on the Cadillac boards about it being a $70,000 vehicle and Ford losing me?

In closing: You've, once again, mistaken not having any skin in the game and no voice (like with Bronco ordering) for being an "apologist". They aren't the same thing. Your voice, my voice, all these voices, have no weight to them. Speak with your dollars.

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is what was actually said. First line.
micrep.png
They didn't lie. They did exactly what they said. Built some, repaired some and shipped some. Where in that does it say that only Dirt Mountain Broncos would be repaired first. From a logistical standpoint it makes zero sense to prioritize us dirt mtn misfits. As a matter of fact they say that if you are on dirt mtn don't expect any updates until the end of September, which is true so far sans a few lucky prisoners who've been released.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They didn't lie. They did exactly what they said. Built some, repaired some and shipped some. Where in that does it say that only Dirt Mountain Broncos would be repaired first. From a logistical standpoint it makes zero sense to prioritize us dirt mtn misfits. As a matter of fact they say that if you are on dirt mtn don't expect any updates until the end of September, which is true so far sans a few lucky prisoners who've been released.
One guy is insisting Ford lied. He claims DM's were supposed to be first. There's the proof he's wrong right there with those 3 words.

Sponsored

CZYHORSVA

Black Diamond
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68,96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They said October and they are doing it in September... They lied yet again, that does it, all of the DM broncos must go back to the airport immediately. I understand your frustration, but you have to consider everything...
They appear to be doing a decent job of moving the ball forward. Just sayin.
Exactly. I used to enjoy getting on here before everyone bitched about every single F’ing post. Mine has been waiting on a top since 7/2. It sucks, but I’ll live.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right, because an entire production line of full vehicles is going to just completely stop until they get enough tops to replace all the bad tops on that lot. You know they can do more than one thing at a time, right? That's thousands of jobs you are expecting them to just put on hold, so you can get yours a little sooner.
1f644.png

I get that this whole situation is frustrating, I was a day two reservation and haven't even gotten my build notification yet, I have just as much right to complain as the rest of you. But I'm not going to sit here and act like I can run a fucking car company better than the people in charge of on of the oldest and most successful car companies in the world. The most discouraging thing about this release is not Fords handling of it, it's the entitled bitchy [insert expletive here] sitting around criticizing things they have zero insight in to. Are these are the future Bronco owners we have to look forward to? Certainly not a community I would want to be part of.

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Q: Are MIC's being released in any significant numbers ??

From the 'Scheduled' emails it seems that MAP is still desperate for any buildable SOFT tops in the system . . . no matter what the Order date . . . even Res/Order dates from last week . . (see @never )

Makes you wonder if MIC2.0 is really the big success Ford claimed Sept 7th ?? . . . . . or maybe they have more MIC problems ??

We're still seeing essentially ZERO Hardtops scheduled ???
. . . or Hardtops released from Dirt Mtn Prison ???
Am I wrong ?
dude chill, they literally started building MIC 2.0 a week ago...even if they knock out a couple hundred a day that's only like 1000 total if even that.