Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco; 11 Jetta TDI; 03 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having the engine cut out definitely crosses their line for a safety recall. There are many previous examples of the NHTSA forcing a recall when the engine could die.

https://www.autosafety.org/stalling-recalls/
I doubt Ford will be forced to do a recall by the NHTSB. One of my vehicles is a 2010 Jetta TDI. I bought it new and twice in the first three years, the high-pressure fuel pump (HPFP) died. Both times I was cruising on the interstate about 70mph'ish. The vehicle didn't act like anything was wrong until it just shut off. Luckily, I was able to coast to the shoulder one time and the other I coasted into a rest area.

I filed a claim with NHTSB and they gathered info about my vehicle, including taking a fuel sample while the vehicle was at the dealer. VW didn't do a recall because it was more cost efficient for them to handle issues as they came about, rather than recall every TDI engine and replace the HPFP. I believe Ford will do the same. VW did replace the HPFP and associated parts (injectors, lines, filter, tank, etc) at no cost to me even though, both times the vehicle was beyond the warranty.

in the end, Ford will handle the issues as they arise and at no cost to the owner.
Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did hear some good news. Ford got a good deal on some FCA cylinder heads and rocker arms that were in a bin labeled "2011 Pentastar parts" and working hard to adapt them to the Ford 2.7.
This is from the team that developed the Powershift transmission for the Focus.

Really though, I feel like my concerns with off-roading grow each time I go to the forums. I already need to carry tie rods and maybe a spare fuel pump. I think I may just invite the NAPA driver to my excursions.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's not as if the failures are causing trucks to come to a sudden halt. If it fails put your emergency lights on and coast to the side. Just like running out of gas. Do we need a recall because every vehicle runs the risk of running out if gas? My Bronco is right in the middle of the shitstorm and I'm not concerned at all. I have a warranty.
Or any catastrophic failure for that matter. Recall solution.

B2FC71CD-B764-4061-B672-4CE491B86AC6.jpeg

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the dead horse is the statement that this is 50 motors out of all 2.7’s produced- it’s not. We don’t know that number. What we do know is that in a window of production, the failure rate is high. 5 in one production date among numerous other failures. That’s not normal production failures that any maker has.
Exactly this. But im sure people will just gloss over it and continue on like they know for a fact its only 50 engines. Im not saying its a real issue but none of us really know so this whole "it's only .0001% of all engines!" is just a made up nonsense.

Aragonite

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4, 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

"NHTSA says 25,538 Broncos are potentially affected, although there is no recall on the horizon at this point."

Any word on what production dates these cover?

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haven't read the entire thread, but in the stats thread here on 6g, there are 4502 broncos represented, 70.5% are 2.7l which is 3174. We know of 50 problem 2.7l here, 50/3174 is 1.6%.

If 25538 are potentially affected at 1.6%, that would be 409 failure 2.7l roughly out of that 25538.

MallSquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak 2022
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can't see anything - do you have a link?
Ah a joke my fair bronco enthusiast friend :)

it was building off of the dirt/ice mountain folks that have their beloved Bronco languishing in a Ford lot exposed to the elements till they get a chip.

So Lava mountain was understandably the joke…

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford did it for the Focus DCT Trans fiasco, we ended up with warranty extension out to 130k miles. we still have the 2015, the trans/clutch and control module were replaced around 118k. Car now has 150k on it and gets 40 mpg and it looks brand new as I take care of our cars. I just dont want to get rid of it now.
Dammit, I let my fear get the best of me and already bought an extended warranty from Flood. Maybe Ford will reimburse me when they mail out the correct length dip stick?

BIL just got a 2017 Focus with the auto transmission for my niece(I did warn him). Was the warranty across the board or only first owners or certain model years?

Last edited:

BroncoKing610

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haven't read the entire thread, but in the stats thread here on 6g, there are 4502 broncos represented, 70.5% are 2.7l which is 3174. We know of 50 problem 2.7l here, 50/3174 is 1.6%.

If 25538 are potentially affected at 1.6%, that would be 409 failure 2.7l roughly out of that 25538.
I did the math in the 2.7L thread, but got banned & msgs removed because apparently the forum did not like that I was saying "at a minimum 50/total of 2.7L produced at the time" (forgot the number but used Ford production numbers) had blown up...which was true, but they wanted to only use B6 members like you did.

Anyway my motor was only produce 3-4 dozen after some of the ones reported, so this bulletin makes me happy

EDIT: My msgs were at the time " at least 25/34,000 MY21 2.7L blew up" they wanted me to use 4502..smh

"How is that you are allowing him to say we can’t use 34,000 as the number, that’s as many that are produced in MY21 and AT LEAST 25 of those 34,000 are blown up. We are using the max number produced which would bring the failure rate lower… Did Ford make special ones for us B6G members?"

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I need that dummy to come back in here and say it’s only 50

Sponsored

trenttrizzy

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’d love to hear from all the “it’s a non issue/only a “handful” of ppl have had this problem” folks right now.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish there was a way to bring it to the publics attention about how built vehicles are sitting for months with no ETA in sight. Yet we have to accept them as new vehicles. Initially we were told there was no certainty on when it would be built but we were never told we might have to wait months after it was built not knowing the issues it has and the reasons for not being shipped..

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d love to hear from all the “it’s a non issue/only a “handful” of ppl have had this problem” folks right now.
They’re all over this thread if you read the whole thing!

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An amazingly-high percentage of the population neither knows nor cares what an online forum is, even in 2022.
Or what a Bronco is.

FatThunder84

Raptor
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sooooo if the 2.7 in my First Edition blows up... can I upgrade to a 3.0... FOR FREEEEEEEEE???

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Sponsored