Rob_Broncowski

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX, Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I said speculation because I don’t have proof or experiences with that situation. And if I had said it is actually happening I’d be getting bashed by a few people for posting something that may not be factual. Kinda like people pointing the accusatory finger at me for this thread. LOL
Yeah I hear you. I only received the $250 cert and I know that I'm not alone. I'm sure the rest of that money went in the dealer's pocket. The whole price protection thing is a convoluted mess.

Sponsored

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah I hear you. I only received the $250 cert and I know that I'm not alone. I'm sure the rest of that money went in the dealer's pocket. The whole price protection thing is a convoluted mess.
Have you heard other buyers getting PP ( either same dealer or a diferent one ) while you weren't? Who was your dealer if I may ask?

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So how does this appear to effect 2 door orders?
The capacity for 2 door build was 17%. I don't know what the order bank percentage is now but it was about a 28% 2dr/72% 4dr mix back in 2021.
Doing the math, 17% of 28% means they can build just under 61% of the 2 dr orders.

Rob_Broncowski

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you heard other buyers getting PP ( either same dealer or a diferent one ) while you weren't? Who was your dealer if I may ask?
I've seen quite a few people on here posting about receiving checks for price protection. I was told by Chapman that I only had a $250 certificate. If you believe the price protection flowcharts posted on here are accurate I was due quite a bit more. That's the problem though. It's my word (based on what I've read on here) vs the dealer.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't know. The notes on EG and Base were ominous but I could just be misreading them. Now that Ford has spilled the beans I'd be concerned about the build but wouldn't say no chance of getting built but could depending on how the allocation changes.
Thanks Flip. Please keep me posted on the Base situation. I may change to BB or BD to improve my chances of getting something.
My daily driver Cherokee turned 22 and I turned 61.... I don't know how long either of us is going to last!

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've seen quite a few people on here posting about receiving checks for price protection. I was told by Chapman that I only had a $250 certificate. If you believe the price protection flowcharts posted on here are accurate I was due quite a bit more. That's the problem though. It's my word (based on what I've read on here) vs the dealer.
Thats what I'm afraid. They did the same with TRX orders. https://www.ram-trx.com/threads/offer-now-closed-dealerinsider.6001/post-186684

I didn't dig deep enough but that post summarize it. They were called out by many TRX buyers. Some more vocal were able to get some value back or in few cases full value. Take your time and search that forum. Not sure how chapman didn't get reported to state level

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know I could dig and dig to find my answer but because so many of you are watching I’m gonna ask:

if I keep Badlands but give up SAS what besides coilovers, gears, wheels/tires, front lockers, wide flares would I be giving up?

just swaybar disconnect?
If you give up Sas on Badlands you'll lose 4.7 gears (vs 4.46?) if you choose automatic trans, 5 35" GY tires, 5 beadlock capable wheels, slightly different Bilstein coilovers (supposedly a little less travel on the Sas version).

You'll still have front and rear lockers, advanced 4x4, sta-bar disconnect button, bigger differentials. All the good pieces to start a custom build.

4.7 gears are $400 each (front and rear) in Ford Performance parts catalog, plus installation.

I would choose aftermarket wheels, the price ford wants for the Sas wheels is way too much.
I'd be happy to have better tires than the GY's. They're not awful and have good traction, but they seem weak for off-roading.

I'm pretty sure I've seen people put 35's on a stock suspension Badlands without issue, especially if you're not going out on any moderate trails. If I was just looking for the look and/or starting out off-roading / overlanding, I'd just throw some nice wheels and 35" BFG AT's on the Badlands and call it a day. Once you get out there, you'll see which parts you want to improve for your use case.

If you were planning on modifying your Badlands Sas, I'd say the only real additional cost is the 4.7 gears and installation. I bet that is cheaper than the Sas package. And then I'd only be anxious on the 4.7 gears if I was planning on 37's (which I am).

I have Badlands Sas and chose Sas because I knew it would take a while for aftermarket to catch up and wanted to be able to do the trails I did in my previous 4x4. I wanted the extra height of the 35's to offset the low hanging bits of the Bronco.
I plan to replace most of the Sas package pieces (that are on top of Badlands) with aftermarket, except the 4.7 gears. (coilovers, wheels, and tires)

Oh, yeah. I keep forgetting the flares. They're probably more expensive than they should be, but not enough to change the $$ calculations.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this is true, it’s the most catastrophic supply chain and production meltdown in the history of new vehicle rollouts. How could any company have multiple vendor failures, simultaneously, while other companies (Tesla) are cutting production to keep demand high?
You answered your own question, demand for Tesla is dropping and is much smaller than Bronco overall, while Bronco's demand is off the charts.
A comparison of monthly production numbers might be useful.
The MAP plant probably makes more than all of Teslas models combined, and that only covers two Ford models.

Super high demand right now, off the top of my head....
Bronco
all Super Dutys, 350, 250, etc
F150's
Maverick
Mach E

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I often consider that Ford has no intention of selling a bunch of Broncos and Rangers. They’re ok with 250,000 combined units between Ranger/Bronco

Rob_Broncowski

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thats what I'm afraid. They did the same with TRX orders. https://www.ram-trx.com/threads/offer-now-closed-dealerinsider.6001/post-186684

I didn't dig deep enough but that post summarize it. They were called out by many TRX buyers. Some more vocal were able to get some value back or in few cases full value. Take your time and search that forum. Not sure how chapman didn't get reported to state level
Maybe other (more persistent) people had better luck than me. I would be lying if I said I understood how the price program was supposed to work. Ford promised no increases for reservation holders due to model year increases but they didn't provide any information about how that process is supposed to play out. I didn't feel comfortable calling the dealer a liar when I don't know the details. For instance, I moved twice between the time of reservation and taking delivery. Did the name/address match thing disqualify me? Who knows?

Long story short, I would hate to see people bail on options in a bid to keep their price protection. Some of these dealers are not going to honor it anyways and you will be left paying a higher price for a truck you made a bunch of concessions on.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious that if price protection drops on those who refuse to play ball, will these under MSRP order dealers continue to hold that price? The dealers doing that are going to take a hit if price protection is gone.
If they could afford to sell at invoice then, they can afford to sell at invoice now .... the actual final dollar amount was never in play, just a figure based off of msrp or invoice.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.