Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same boat, I’m a 7/13 res, like 3 hrs into the reveal. Talked to my dealer today and said it’s 50/50 chance that I’ll get a MY21.
So in other words he doesn't no jack shit. Lmao
Sponsored

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If ford is giving the hard top prep kit away for free for sept production and later, how does this incentive not increase your MY21 chances? Isn’t that the whole point of them making that announcement?

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You picked literally every.single.high.cost.option in the entire build sheet.

Where were you expecting the price to end up at? Honestly, i'm really curious where you thought that was going to be at prior to build and price going live.
yes, because that is my preference. What exactly are you gatekeeping here? My preferences including my preference for hard tops over soft tops in new england?

OP
OP
FlyingBronco

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest concern is how backed up are they with the MIC top? Early reservation holders with MIC top could be waiting until mid MY22 for a damn Bronco.
It really is amazing, in a bad way. And if that is somewhat accurate, imagine how long it will take for the MIC to be available for individual purchase. Years

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
there's already a B6G magic 8 ball. it's attached below.

Also, calling bullshit on any thread from here on out that starts with "My dealer said...."

Bear in mind that these are the same beacons of morality that will mark up a truck THEY DONT HAVE ON THE LOT, to nearly $100k. Fuck dealers, they're full of shit

5ebgs0.jpeg

5ebgtz.jpeg

5ebgvw.jpeg

5ebgx9.jpeg

5ebgyv.jpeg

5ebh1v.jpeg

5ebh02.jpeg

5ebh3u.jpeg

5ebh52.jpeg
Please tell me how you really feel about dealerships hahahah

Sponsored

Jedi2.0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is going back to what Ford workers were saying on Facebook a few weeks ago. According to them unless you already had a VIN with a MIC top you were not going to get one until 2022. They said Ford has accounted for all the MIC tops already and were not going to be handing any more out. FE Broncos and those with VINs in hand accounted for all the MIC tops the factory was going to put out. They rest would be soft tops. Now there were a few that said the factory could put out some extra from now until 2022 and that those would be given in small groups of VINs. Wildtraks were not talked about as being included in with the FEs.

It really makes sense as Ford seems to be really waiting until the last minute to hand out the last of the August VINs. I think they will be mostly if not all soft tops.
They will have to fill production for September, October and November.

If Webasto is making 200 tops per day, that is still way more than FE tops required. There is over 100 days of MY21 production. But if that number is 150 or less I would be changing to soft top.

OP
OP
FlyingBronco

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4dr Badlands, 2.7, SAS, Lux, tow is at 58,395, it's really not that much work.
I’m at $56,250. High instead of Lux, no tow, added built in nav for when I’m in the complete boonies of the western US.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
4dr Badlands, 2.7, SAS, Lux, tow is at 58,395, it's really not that much work.
You can get that high in price, but personally I don't think this is the kind of vehicle to pay that price. Think about how great the EB was and the new lower version Broncos have the essentials. I think I'd have max fun overall with the 30k 2-door manual base (with 33" tires added post-purchase). If it ever becomes available.

OP
OP
FlyingBronco

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If Webasto is making 200 tops per day, that is still way more than FE tops required. There is over 100 days of MY21 production. But if that number is 150 or less I would be changing to soft top.
Don’t forget Wildtrak orders and also 2-door rigs. Are those production numbers inclusive of 2-door and 4-door tops?

Jedi2.0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest concern is how backed up are they with the MIC top? Early reservation holders with MIC top could be waiting until mid MY22 for a damn Bronco.
Right, and I’m not sure I want to wait a year or more to get a MIC after receiving the Bronco. Gonna have to wait it out.

Sponsored

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right, and I’m not sure I want to wait a year or more to get a MIC after receiving the Bronco. Gonna have to wait it out.
I am not sure I want to wait that long without a Bronco. I could live with a soft top in CA with the prep kit for a while. My thought is will if make a difference?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
yes, because that is my preference. What exactly are you gatekeeping here? My preferences including my preference for hard tops over soft tops in new england?
Hey, you chose to have a $60K build, so don't use the fact that it's a $60K build as a crutch.

Take it or leave it. The gate and keeper are yours. But that part of your argument was running down the street after the mailman.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

DIdnt Ford report they made ~5200 Broncos in June? I'd be absolutely shocked if Webasto was producing just about as many tops as Ford was producing Broncos right now

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After having been forced to switch from the Mod top, my biggest concern now after seeing that video on page one is the MIC top quality 😳😳

if it’s that bad of quality I would rather get the soft top while I wait for the Mod. It’s ugly as heck but at least we know the quality is there

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey, you chose to have a $60K build, so don't use the fact that it's a $60K build as a crutch.

Take it or leave it. The gate and keeper are yours. But that part of your argument was running down the street after the mailman.
goddamn, the ford apologists are aggressive here. Calm down internet tough guy.

Ok, it sucks to buy any new car for any price and have to continually compromise in order to have a chance to sneak into production. $40k to 60K it really sucks to not even know what year your truck will be built in because Ford is holding the cards close to their chests. Is that any better or are you going to get upset again?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.