First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have noticed when both when I come to a stop at a light and then when I start again, there is a little bump or stutter. It feels like a lesser version of the auto start/stop and obviously without the noise of the engine restarting.

I have seen the issue come up in one other thread while searching but there was never a resolution. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it the transmission?
Sponsored

Last edited:

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I get it sometimes. I babied it for a few weeks and it got better. Hopefully it will disappear.

Machz963

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 C8 Corvette, '22 Sasquatch 2.7tt, '08 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have noticed when both when I come to a stop at a light and then when I start again, there is a little bump or stutter. It feels like a lesser version of the auto start/stop and obviously without the noise of the engine restarting.

I have seen the issue come up in one other thread while searching but there was never a resolution. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it the transmission?
I got this the other day too.

Trans temp was elevated at 207 degrees due to spirited driving on long dirt roads, but still normal and no codes were thrown.

Went away after I parked it and came back a few hours later and hasnā€™t come back since.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

What engine and transmission did you buy?

Ditto but I would say mine is -more-pronounced than the slight shudder the engine mounts give when ASS dis/engages.
And becoming more frequent.

Either transmission or some other part of driveline feels like it's developed slop and now getting wadded up/relieved between throttle/coast/brake exchanges...

Sure reminds me of when i took a chance on a new for model year 2007 tundra, where a TSB was eventually issued to replace my driveshaft and some portion of the rear end šŸ« 

OP
OP
ClaviusBase

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What engine and transmission did you buy?

Ditto but I would say mine is -more-pronounced than the slight shudder the engine mounts give when ASS dis/engages.
And becoming more frequent.

Either transmission or some other part of driveline feels like it's developed slop and now getting wadded up/relieved between throttle/coast/brake exchanges...

Sure reminds me of when i took a chance on a new for model year 2007 tundra, where a TSB was eventually issued to replace my driveshaft and some portion of the rear end šŸ« 
2.7, auto.

Sponsored

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2.7, auto.
Same

I've posted about it before but replies diminished concern. May need to revisit

I take care of it but also wring it out almost daily- driving style may be a factor

OP
OP
ClaviusBase

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same

I've posted about it before but replies diminished concern. May need to revisit

I take care of it but also wring it out almost daily- driving style may be a factor
yeah honestly, if there was a concrete ā€œit happens but itā€™s nothing to worry aboutā€ Iā€™d be fine as itā€™s not a huge bother. I just get worried that itā€™s early signs of bigger problems.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same on my 2.7 auto. It almost feels like there's slop in the driveshaft in that you get that "bump" when starting to accelerate and coming to a stop from slow speeds. I've just chalked it up to the fact that the 10 speed is crap and hopefully I'll still be in warranty when it finally shits the bed.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same on my 2.7 auto. It almost feels like there's slop in the driveshaft in that you get that "bump" when starting to accelerate and coming to a stop from slow speeds. I've just chalked it up to the fact that the 10 speed is crap and hopefully I'll still be in warranty when it finally shits the bed.
I presume, as 2.7AT is an established platform for them, that there would be next to no chance in Ford writing a preemptive TSB? Do x number of vehicles have to fail before?

I bought new for model year 2007 tundra and it did a very similar thing- Toyota issued TSB for it within weeks and replaced my driveshaft and a portion of the rear end probably well before I would have had a problem

Sponsored
OP
OP
ClaviusBase

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had my Bronco in sport mode today and didn't notice this happening which would lead me to believe that whatever difference sport mode makes to the transmissions functioning would be eliminating it.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had my Bronco in sport mode today and didn't notice this happening which would lead me to believe that whatever difference sport mode makes to the transmissions functioning would be eliminating it.
How many miles? The auto is ā€œlearningā€ during first ~1k+ milesā€¦also is your auto start stop on?

OP
OP
ClaviusBase

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How many miles? The auto is ā€œlearningā€ during first ~1k+ milesā€¦also is your auto start stop on?
7k+ and no, auto start/stop is off.

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Let me wake this thread up. Has anyone spoken to a dealer about this? Itā€™s happening on my ā€˜23 2.7 auto.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same issue on my 2D badlands 2.7 auto. Definitely just happens on start up from a stop under initial acceleration. Best may I can describe it other than the clunk is to say it almost feels like auto start stop is on when it isn't. That's how I noticed it at first. Music is usually loud so felt it more than I heard it. But it is noticeable and repeatable. 3k miles and 10 months on my car.
Sponsored