First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took my Badlands off road yesterday for the first time, which was fun as hell, anyway, on the screen says it's in off road? Blue highlighted area on the rear drive shaft, it's in 2H normal mode....but on one of the 7 screens, says it's in off road? Not sure why. It's not in 4WD at all. Thanks folks.
Sponsored

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you may be referring to the different views as you scroll through the menus. One display mode is named something like “off road” and it shows the status of the drive train. Since you’re in 2wd only the rear shows up blue.
I’ll have to double check my BL but I’m pretty sure all you’ve done is scrolled to that display. It doesn’t change the actual drive settings but only displays the status

OP
OP
Yetiman

Yetiman

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you may be referring to the different views as you scroll through the menus. One display mode is named something like “off road” and it shows the status of the drive train. Since you’re in 2wd only the rear shows up blue.
I’ll have to double check my BL but I’m pretty sure all you’ve done is scrolled to that display. It doesn’t change the actual drive settings but only displays the status
Definitely not in 4WD....but not sure why it says off road. But the screen shows only the rear drive shaft engaged....thanks man....sorry for stupid questions. But wanted to make sure nothing else is engaged and brake....lol...love this damn Bronco as if it were my son...which my wife and I can't have kidd due to her cancer years ago, but our doggies love driving around in it. 2 rides so far, another tomorrow!!!

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Proper methods:

1) look down at your goat mode dial. Press 4A (uses a clutch to distribute power until it feels the need to engage 4H)
2) press 4H or 4L instead (4L for Steep climbing or just all around going slower)
3) rotate goat mode dial to match your conditions, this has the benefit of also activating lockers for you (though you should know when and why to do that), disables traction control, and also adjusts throttle and steering response appropriate to that mode, oh and it does small adjustments to the cameras.

my approach: pick the goat mode dial closest to what I’m doing then adjust

as for the driver display: I leave mine in off-road all of the time. I choose gauges as my view. I like seeing temps and battery voltage.

Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Definitely not in 4WD....but not sure why it says off road. But the screen shows only the rear drive shaft engaged....thanks man....sorry for stupid questions. But wanted to make sure nothing else is engaged and brake....lol...love this damn Bronco as if it were my son...which my wife and I can't have kidd due to her cancer years ago, but our doggies love driving around in it. 2 rides so far, another tomorrow!!!
So it’s still unclear whether or not you realize it’s just the name of the page of the display you can use WHEN off-road to see the status of your 4wd components..

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Certainly NOT a stupid question! I’ve been driving my Bronco for nearly 2 years now. Not sure I have discovered all of the “drill down” (sub-screens?) options on the driver’s side screen yet!

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Coming from Jeeps, IH Scout and FJ I'd say there are so many dials and switches to do things that were so much simpler in the early days confuses me. Now if they only had a switch that made it front wheel drive only.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One point to note is that there are more than jut the seven screens you're scrolling through. You can add or delete various screens that you actually scroll through. I guess I'm trying to say is that you can customize which screens you can scroll through.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Coming from Jeeps, IH Scout and FJ I'd say there are so many dials and switches to do things that were so much simpler in the early days confuses me. Now if they only had a switch that made it front wheel drive only.
yes thats its articulation screen not meaning your off road lol

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn’t care for a front wheel drive only option, but a 2L option would be great.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Below is what the Off-Road screen looks like when you're not doing much off road. This was taken just now in my driveway so I could explain what you see here.

The two circles on the left side show pitch and roll. My driveway isn't flat, so it shows a pitch of 5 degrees with the nose down. But no roll to one side or the other. The third "degree number" on the top right shows steering angle. When you turn the wheel you'll see that number change.

If I'm in any mode other than 2H, it will show up below the rear tires on the display and more of the drivetrain will be colored. It has additional indicators if lockers are engaged. If the air pressure has been reduced in the tires it will show the pressure of each tire next to it. I usually drop to about 20 psi in the dirt, so I'll see those numbers by each tire. Even though I have a 4-way inflator/deflator, not all tires will be exactly the same and they go up in pressure as the tires get warm.

This display mode is worthless to me on the street, but is absolutely valuable to me off road.
Bi7N6Hg.jpg

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I wouldn’t care for a front wheel drive only option, but a 2L option would be great.
My 67 IH Scout had a twin-stick that would allow you to switch to just use the front. It's intention was to be used to pull you out of a situation without being pushed by the rear wheels. It would not be used except in rare occassions.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 67 IH Scout had a twin-stick that would allow you to switch to just use the front. It's intention was to be used to pull you out of a situation without being pushed by the rear wheels. It would not be used except in rare occassions.
I had a twin sticks in both a CJ5 and a CJ7 so am aware. Never had occasion to need it in that circumstance, but yes it’s a nice feature. Also allows 2wd low range.
Sponsored