Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Vaccine by year end ends the health risk for proactive folks. The economic damage however likely takes 3-4 years to unwind.
Testing and production take time.

It's a fantasy that development of a vaccine or immunity for a small number of recipients instantly ends inconvenience and slowdowns.

I've been immune for months now and I still have to wear an annoying useless mask to prop up the security theater charade, and deal with distancing and slowdowns.

That isn't going to change until 60+% have immunity, or were just going to be back in the boat were in now with an "unexpected" surge of cases -- after everyone let's their guard down too early.
Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

even if you say 50% are cancellations thats still a impressive number.

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can wait closer to 2022 for the Bronco that way they can keep testing the truck and make as Reliable as a Toyota 4 runner

BadMrFrosty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ-40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
230k is definitely impressive but put into context cyber truck is at 650K reservations.

https://electrek.co/2020/06/22/tesla-cybertruck-pre-orders-rose-over-650000-report/

I think ordered reservations for telsas in the past have been around 30% is what musk has said. I doubt more than 40% will take delivery of their 100$ deposit bronco. That said it probably rises to 300k and 100k actually buy just from reservations. Definitely a big win.

I put in reservation the morning after launch and another reservation today after seeing this. Looks like it could be a long time before I get one in person.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's a fantasy that development of a vaccine or immunity for a small number of recipients instantly ends inconvenience and slowdowns.
I have no inside info on deployment...but I believe it'll be fast & broad. For sure major plants/employment hubs will have on-site vaccination. Heck, even normal flu shots are given in hospital parking lots drive thrus.

There are plenty of antivaxxers, misinformed & just plain stupid. But they'll be the exception to the rule.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are plenty of antivaxxers, misinformed & just plain stupid. But they'll be the exception to the rule.
Was only a matter of time....

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Love that they asked for $100 reservation, small enough that it allowed them to get folks interested but high enough that not everyone put one in just for the heck of it.

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's a lot of interested potential buyers, and a big wad of cash for ford to hold onto.
230K Reservations is $23M its a big number for us, but not that big for a multi Billion $ firm. It does help with some liquidity but their checking account probably had a higher balance at the start of the day.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love that they asked for $100 reservation, small enough that it allowed them to get folks interested but high enough that not everyone put one in just for the heck of it.
I think $100 refundable is pretty darn close to “everyone can do it just for the heck of it.“ Ford clearly set it low because they wanted buzz and excitement with no effort/concern to separate the wheat from the chaff. Would be interesting to know how reservation numbers would have changed if the deposit was $500.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
230K Reservations is $23M its a big number for us, but not that big for a multi Billion $ firm. It does help with some liquidity but their checking account probably had a higher balance at the start of the day.
The deposits are with the dealers

Sponsored

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The deposits are with the dealers
Honestly i am not sure what value the dealer is bringing to the table in this whole process.
depending on how deliveries are handled they may be doing something at that end, but they will have ability to do more harm than good for the first year or so.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't wait to see statistics for the Jeep Wrangler for the years 2019 & 2020 vs. 2021 & 2022. :)
If all the Bronco's are sold till some time in 2022 Then people who show up at a dealer can't get a bronco but they can get a jeep.
With no dealer inventory for so long, Jeep sales may even go up. All the bronco hype gets people interested in an off road vehicle and with broncos sold out for so long they buy a jeep.

Also If Jeep makes the v8 I see a lot of die hard jeep fans jumping on that. The v8 jeep is only coming out because of the bronco. jeep fans should be thanking ford.
Kinda like Chevy let the Corvette be unchanged for 12 years till the Dodge Viper came out then we got a string of new better corvettes.

I just hope with all the 4wd's being sold, get's Chevy, Toyota, and Nissan come out with some more off-road focused vehicles too.

If the v8 jeep sells well maybe Ford will do a v8 bronco. Or a full size bronco on the Superduty platform. Or a bronco II that is even smaller, there are no real off-road vehicles smaller then the Jeep so that market is open.

JRHarris

Badlands
First Name
Jack R Harris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Approximately 230,000 Bronco reservations have been received to date since the evening of July 13th when reservations opened during the Bronco online reveal! Keep in mind that this figure may be as of a few days ago.

The reservation figure comes by way of one of our reliable sources and the impressive number covers only the Bronco (does not include the Bronco Sport).

If you're one of lucky reservation holders and haven't yet done so, remember to add yourself to our reservation tracking list @ Bronco Reservations Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!]

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Honestly i am not sure what value the dealer is bringing to the table in this whole process.
depending on how deliveries are handled they may be doing something at that end, but they will have ability to do more harm than good for the first year or so.
Ford is not Tesla, look how long Tesla had to fight some states to sell direct to consumers. For the Bronco, Ford has a bunch of accessories that are Dealer installed so you will need them for that. Hopefully people educate themselves about how to spot dirty dishonest dealer tricks and how to properly negotiate.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Given the state franchise laws, dealers will be involved with sales of all new Ford vehicles until the end times (and maybe even later ?). Tesla has incredible difficulties in many states and they are not a legacy automaker with existing dealer franchise agreements. Dealers do add a lot of value, but so many have behaved so badly for so long (and continue to do so) there is little hope that they (as a whole) will ever be held in high regard by consumers.
Sponsored