First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doug pulled this post out of the thread and made it its own huh?

In the color threads we’ve had this post for awhile haha. Wish we had similar from all color samples. But I’m set on Area51 now. It’s a nice mix between my grabber blue stang and shadow grey f150
lol trust me, as the OP this was surprising. Also noticed they added a Bronco6g mark to photos they certainly don’t own, but hey, whatever helps people decide.
To those asking for additional colors, I don’t think I’ll be able to swing that. This was calling in a favor through a few people for my personal decision making and then decided I couldn’t keep this key intel all to myself haha
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for the samples.

I love the classic blue shades on the old broncos but I am not a fan of these colors. I'll wait for a non-metallic blue or get something else.

So many perty colors to choose from. Makes my head spin. Ford is also going to offer Velocity Blue that will cause me even more consternation.........dad gum 'em. :)

Shirt8u1

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is actually the one I keep leaning towards. I am stuck between going BL with no options and a manual or going BD, sasquatch and a few options. I have never had a vehicle with that bright of a color and that's really why I want it.
Thats why I am getting it.
Never had anything this fun.
And it looks like Sunshine...
I just dont want it to be too yellow.
The gas cans look really good.
Just my thoughts.
I like most of the colors.
Ford Bronco Official Area 51 vs Antimatter Blue Ford Bronco Paint Color Samples - inside, sun, shade u725_21_cyber_orange_env_2 (1)(1)

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm in a three-way

Anti-Matter Blue
Love it in the light, it's just too dark for my taste when not in the bright sun. But in the sun it is AMAZING

Rapid Red
Deep nice red. A little dark in shade, but great in the sun

Iconic Silver
It just may be the most timeless color for decades to come on the Bronco. It always looks good on the old Bronco's.

Just torn.....

Sponsored

Shirt8u1

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do what your heart tells you. If you've always wanted a bright color, get it! It's not like its a boring sedan that cries out for conservative colors. It's a Bronco! Go big! I'm definitely Cyber Orange (2 door). It's a fun vibrant color and it'll make me smile every time I see it.
Like Sunshine..
???☀☀☀

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in a three-way

Anti-Matter Blue
Love it in the light, it's just too dark for my taste when not in the bright sun. But in the sun it is AMAZING

Rapid Red
Deep nice red. A little dark in shade, but great in the sun

Iconic Silver
It just may be the most timeless color for decades to come on the Bronco. It always looks good on the old Bronco's.

Just torn.....
Exactly the same three left on my list too.

All solid choices.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what I'll do with the Bronco I can't see the point in paying any extra for paint. I'd just be that more upset when a tree scratches it :D

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I keep flip flopping between A51 and Cactus Grey. Basically, I want to do this colorway:
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

...which is supposedly CG, but every time I see color samples this looks more like A51. I need to see them with my own eyes, apparently, and actually see the official colors in real life.

The way AB transforms in sunlight is really cool, though.
That is definitely the cactus gray

Sponsored

countryboyreese

Badlands
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would not say worried. The thing about battle scars is that you have to be able to see them to make them a conversation starter.
Very true, I'm sure I'll get over it after some use but good lord its gonna hurt my soul the first few scratches and dings.

I’m not getting AM Blue, and this is the reason I’m not picking it. Probably one of my favorite color options, but a dark blue is almost as bad as a black vehicle. Shows all the dirt and scratches and would drive me nuts. My wife had a Kona Blue Edge and it was gorgeous when it was clean but it showed every single scratch and swirl. For a 100% street vehicle I like it, but for something that is going to see the trail, a lighter colored option is the way to go - at least for me.
Thats pretty much the way I'm leaning. The trails around here are pretty tight in some areas and unfortunately I don't think a dark metallic paint is gonna fare to well.

All the colors are going to show it... couple of points
* If you are OCD about the paint then go with the grey its your best option to help hide things - however its still going to show things in full light especially my pet peeve....
* My pet peeve on my black Camaro is the swirls from washing so I learned how to avoid them 100% - started with a ceramic coat that included paint correction. Then I clean the car about once a week, the trick is using: a pressure washer, foam canon (touch less wash) and then a dry only towel (Chemical Guys woolly mammoth ) that you just pull in one direction.... no swirls at all... the whole process takes me about 1/2 hour (4-5 hours a month including detailing my wheels) and it looks great even when a little dirty - because there are no swirls!!

Now I will get some scratches off-roading but overall it will look great just from the basic care and avoiding the crappy swirls (by the way swirls show in a lot of colors - almost all of them in direct sunlight)

Edit - I won't ceramic coat for sometime and just care for the paint correctly from the start.... as long as the factory and dealer don't wash the car in the wrong way... will be one of my conversations with the dealer

Rant over..... :cool:
Thanks for the advice! Yeah I'm usually not too OCD when it comes to paint but I have a feeling for a 50k+ rig I'm gonna want to minimize paint damage as much as possible for as long as possible, although I know it is inevitable.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is helpful. Though I’m still on the fence with how dark the AM blue gets. Seems like it will be perfect for really showing of subtle lines but I don’t want it that dark. Just going to have to wait and see in person.

What I really need is a sample of Velocity blue next to AM.

Area 51 is nice but seems too flat to me. These new flat colors don’t do it for me. Makes the cars look plastic.

For me. If I can get a white top it’s probably going to be AM. If I can only get a black top then velocity blue it is.

Last edited:

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love Area 51 in the shade, but can't get past the light blue in the sunlight. I can cross that one off my list...
Thanks for posting these! I hope you can get more samples for us!
Don't miss the angle of that sunlight shot. I'd gather that you're seeing quite a bit of the reflected sky adding more blue than you'd generally see.

Almost all of these shots are taken with auto dynamic white balancing. Not to mention that every LCD/OELD display is going to render the colors differently.

It would be a bad idea to trust any photos. Not trying to change anyone's mind, I just don't want anyone to regret changing their mind after they see some real Area 51 Broncos on the road.
Sponsored