Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Warthog was the internal development name for what became the Bronco Raptor. Just like all the different high performance versions of the Mustang that where named Terminator and other names that became the GT500 or GT350 when they came to market.
Yeah I don't know how happy the Shelby guys would be referring to their cars as Condor or Trinity. Sometimes they get cool nicknames, sometimes they don't. lol
Sponsored

burgerking

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If only that rig had a manual transmission (and came with a 2dr option), it'd be a dream come true. It even has the right tires.
I don't like the fender flares but I'd still buy one.

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok, I'm not getting into the 2dr/4dr, manual/automatic debate except that I'm ok with a 4 Dr Bronco if it's a manual transmission. Nonetheless, Broncos are purpose built machines....to get you home when you have to cross flooded creeks and rivers as tornadoes touch the ground (welcome to Texas), but despite being built on the Ranger frame (which are almost as big as 90s F-150s), they can't tow as much. Purpose built. Thus they deserve a better name than Braptor, which is lazy! They're separate animals. Whoever first called them Warthogs, please come forward to receive the credit you are due. These Broncos are better 4x4s than the military humvees of my era, so I've no problem with warthog transferring.
Hey, the original Humvees were out of this world.. It’s when they started to add all the weight the awesome went out of them.. If taken care of well (good maintenance platoon) the humvess were movers through lots of territory.. Unfortunately, they did fit down the trails made by the M551 “Jeeps! 🤣

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thought I would throw these at yous guys, in case you have never heard of.......

Daisy................................

Ford Bronco Official Ford WARTHOG Package 1708560438440

Petunia..................

Ford Bronco Official Ford WARTHOG Package 1708560490774

For any older gear heads that might find their way here...............................

Ford Bronco Official Ford WARTHOG Package 1708560592611

............That's right you Coyote nuts, Ford built a multiple cam and multiple valve engine looooong ago and a far cry from a 5.0. 😁

Last edited:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't care for Warthog or Raptor. Bronco Warthog or Bronco Raptor sounds like one of those randomly selected military operations back in the day, e.g. Operation Bronco Warthog.

Now, Bronco Wild I could get behind. At least the words seem to go together.
Bronco ”BATSHIT!” is even awesomer, but you know….. marketing….. 😒

But boy would that have been awesome! Wouldn’t it.

Sponsored

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thought I would throw these at yous guys, in case you have never heard of.......

Daisy................................

Petunia..................

For any older gear heads that might find their way here...............................

............That's right you Coyote nuts, Ford built a DOHC looooong ago and a far cry from a 5.0. 😁
Sorry that engine is not a DOHC it is a beast of its own (2 cams yes not 4 and not over the head)

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry that engine is not a DOHC it is a beast of its own (2 cams yes not 4 and not over the head)

Thanks for catching that. I wanted it to say just "overhead cam" at the time not realizing it is not actually an overhead cam, it is just one cam above the other. It had been awhile since I had read about "calliope" and just mixed up on my facts. The note I did forget to make it that it also used a 3 valve head which Ford used again in the newer "mod" motors.

Ford did make an SOHC big block as well back then, the 427 Cammer.

Ford Bronco Official Ford WARTHOG Package 1708572590960

Ford Bronco Official Ford WARTHOG Package 1708572556484

Original post corrected. 🍻

Last edited:

BK1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, GMC At4, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So why doesnt someone make some cool warthog badges (in code orange) and we can rip off our Raptor badges. Seems like a simple fix to me. Maybe Ford would get the memo..

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But the Raptor name is far better for overall name recognition for the Ford brand, since the F-150 and Ranger used it.

I like the idea of using the Warthog name on a product in between the Raptor and Badland though..maybe all the Raptor stuff (maybe not fenders) and just use the 2.7L or 2.3L
Agreed, a specialized Bronco “Warthog” variant would likely sell well…no just a trim package though.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This thread seems like a serious Deja vu, multiple replies here. Am I on something ...?

Personally, I love the Raptor name. I think it fits, is flattering and was the best choice by marketing. Sure it's sad that so few F-150 Raptors see "proper use" and Bronco Raptors are almost for sure about the same in that regard.

Regardless of how these trucks are used or not, "Raptor" means serious and diverse capability and innovation in a factory rig. Both Raptors have been groundbreaking in this way. I think it was such a good choice, I'm having a hard time seeing others opposing perspectives here...

I admire the F-150 Raptor enough that I rebadged my rear with a custom modified Bronco Raptor hood emblem and Ford oval to be a big more F-150-ish.

Ford Bronco Official Ford WARTHOG Package PXL_20240119_192309687-01

I also think the Ranger Raptor is a great truck and happy to have it join the Raptor family.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This thread seems like a serious Deja vu, multiple replies here. Am I on something ...?

Personally, I love the Raptor name. I think it fits, is flattering and was the best choice by marketing. Sure it's sad that so few F-150 Raptors see "proper use" and Bronco Raptors are almost for sure about the same in that regard.

Regardless of how these trucks are used or not, "Raptor" means serious and diverse capability and innovation in a factory rig. Both Raptors have been groundbreaking in this way. I think it was such a good choice, I'm having a hard time seeing others opposing perspectives here...

I admire the F-150 Raptor enough that I rebadged my rear with a custom modified Bronco Raptor hood emblem and Ford oval to be a big more F-150-ish.

PXL_20240119_192309687-01.jpeg

I also think the Ranger Raptor is a great truck and happy to have it join the Raptor family.
Agreed, my 2018 Raptor was an awesome truck and I like that Ford has an established line of specialized off-road vehicles, ie., the Raptor Line. I also think a different focused Warthog variant would do well, perhaps along the lines of a Badlands/Everglades (on steroids) combo, priced between the Braptor and higher trim Bronco models…

Darren D

Raptor
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2023 VW Atlas Cross Sport R
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Every time I hear or read "Warthog," all I can think about is this:

Ford Bronco Official Ford WARTHOG Package PXL_20240119_192309687-01

Someone needs to do a vinyl wrap (or a sticker/vanity license plate) on their Bronco Raptor to pay homage to this legend.
you mean this? Lol

IMG_8877.jpeg
Sponsored