Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just talked to my dealer. My 14 July rez was in the 35% and tops for their allocation for my Base 2.3 MT to be a MY21 but I went ahead and Squatched that order for a MY22 Base 2.3 MT SAS w/White top or a HE if that option plays out.

So somebody's odds for a MY21 just improved. Good Luck and Good Hunting
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the exact point I was trying to make earlier! There is soo much information on this site and more is being released every minute, so I know the answer is probably buried somewhere. That being said, I think this is a huge question that needs to be answered!

1. If you are currently slotted for one of your dealers (preliminary) allocations and (have probably built a good relationship with that dealer) a early timestamped reservation transfers to your dealer..... Do you get bumped?? My dealer only has 10 allocations and I am one of those, but I have a very late reservation timestamp (October).

2. If you get pushed to the 2022 model year, will you pay the 2021 price. Every model that oversells the first year (see Hellcat, Shelby 350, C7, C8 etc..) gets a nice little price bump the second year. Waiting for a 2022 is one thing, but paying extra and possibly loosing some key options .... well thats a double negative lol. Even if your at a dealer for less than MSRP... if you get bumped to 2022 and there is a price jump, there is a possibility you break even or in most cases come out behind.
1. A reservation earlier than yours will always get preference for being built... especially at the same dealership, but even if it's at another dealership. That said, an order conversion transferring in will have a positive effect on allocation, so you might not get "bumped" at all if it's bringing an additional allocation with it. Additionally, if that person has chosen options that aren't available, they'll get passed over and you would "move up" in relation to them.

Some dealers have publicly stated they will adjust priority or order submissions in ways that delay these late transfers in, to favor existing customers... some have stated they will not be doing this, and instead are honoring what Ford has said about timestamp order... talk to your dealer to see how they will handle this.

2. If you get pushed to MY22, you will need to submit a new order for MY22... which includes all options newly available, none of the options that were removed, and very likely new pricing up or down. Without knowing anything, I think a safe assumption is prices will generally increase relative to inflation or commodity prices... but if this happens your income will also (hopefully) increase with inflation... and even if it doesn't, the difference will most likely only be a few hundred dollars... which sucks... but we're likely not talking about thousands of dollars of additional cost.

Last edited:

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
curious if anyone else placed a 7/13 order (based on email confirm timing), but their reservation says 7/14?

Is that unusual?
That happened to me as well. I’m not going to fret about it though. I’ll get my Bronco sooner or later. In the mean time I’ll continue to play with my Jeep and fix up my Dodge M880.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

look at the cars i have in my sig. I'm obviously not a "Ford Apologist" either. If they waited like you suggest, there will be other people to take your place to complain.
Not complaining so much as making an observation that many agree with.

Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally got email from dealer.
And per him someone will reach out shortly.. we'll see.
Also he didn't BCC all the recipients so he had a list of 25 maybe his allocation don't know yet.
But if you order with all the constraints that will guarantee late availability the FE will be last off...
And yes I have an FE 2.7, Sas, Lux, and if I want the painted roof, black interior I won't see it this year: kinda defeats the purpose of a FE doesn't it?
And even if I go to my alternate build I'm still screwed...
Guess it's a good thing I have this in my driveway to tide me over:
IMG_20210116_115828.jpg

I kinda lucked into the deal and couldn't pass it up and hey it's a Bronco...(Sport)
Same here! Our Area 51 BL BS will just have to tide us over. It's a solid vehicle though!!

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the exact point I was trying to make earlier! There is soo much information on this site and more is being released every minute, so I know the answer is probably buried somewhere. That being said, I think this is a huge question that needs to be answered!

1. If you are currently slotted for one of your dealers (preliminary) allocations and (have probably built a good relationship with that dealer) a early timestamped reservation transfers to your dealer..... Do you get bumped?? My dealer only has 10 allocations and I am one of those, but I have a very late reservation timestamp (October).

2. If you get pushed to the 2022 model year, will you pay the 2021 price. Every model that oversells the first year (see Hellcat, Shelby 350, C7, C8 etc..) gets a nice little price bump the second year. Waiting for a 2022 is one thing, but paying extra and possibly loosing some key options .... well thats a double negative lol. Even if your at a dealer for less than MSRP... if you get bumped to 2022 and there is a price jump, there is a possibility you break even or in most cases come out behind.
HOLY CRAP! Do not let anyone know what dealer you are with. I would find a dealer name that is nowhere close to yours and post that! :LOL: :LOL:
I just talked to the salesman at my dealer. They have 6 reservations and 3 allocations. I am number 4. DANG IT!!! I am a late July reservation.
I would ask your dealer what their policy is on reservation transfers at this point. On the pricing issue, my dealer (friend) thinks that there will not be a price hike for MY22 because of the whole Covid thing and that there will be a short production year for MY21. He is not sure, but h has been in the business for about 35 years.

Jak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 7/19 reservation, if I push this back to a MY22, when could I realistically expect delivery?

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 7/19 reservation, if I push this back to a MY22, when could I realistically expect delivery?
Sometime Q1 or Q2 2022 most likely. Hard to be more specific than that given all the unknowns.

Reactions: Jak

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I know is I was #5 or 6 ordering today, and there were 10-15 people coming in as well.

Pretty confident in what I got, even if the 2dr might delay things a bit

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got a call from my dealer (yay) and it looks like I'm outside of MY21 allocation window (8/17 reserve date) by... a LOT (boo). Have fun with your '21 models, I'll just jealously glower when you drive by.

StalePrinceOfBelAir

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey everyone. First time poster, long time lurker. I just received a call from my Ford Dealer. He told me that Ford HQ informed them that they initially were allocated 25 MY21 Broncos. He's saying now Ford wants them to push as many reservations (88 total at my dealer) to convert to orders as they can by the end of January. He said after January, they may be allocated more MY21s based on the total number of orders they have in January.

He said Ford HQs goal is to weed out the people that won't convert, and then they'll allocate more MY21 Broncos to my dealer. Is anyone else hearing something similar? Sounds like total sales BS; especially since orders can't be submitted until March.

I'm reservation number 79/88 at my dealer; so I'm fully expecting a MY22. This just kind of set off my BS radar.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey everyone. First time poster, long time lurker. I just received a call from my Ford Dealer. He told me that Ford HQ informed them that they initially were allocated 25 MY21 Broncos. He's saying now Ford wants them to push as many reservations (88 total at my dealer) to convert to orders as they can by the end of January. He said after January, they may be allocated more MY21s based on the total number of orders they have in January.

He said Ford HQs goal is to weed out the people that won't convert, and then they'll allocate more MY21 Broncos to my dealer. Is anyone else hearing something similar? Sounds like total sales BS; especially since orders can't be submitted until March.

I'm reservation number 79/88 at my dealer; so I'm fully expecting a MY22. This just kind of set off my BS radar.
I did not hear anything about additional allocation in February from Granger. Zach said April is when additional allocation will be assigned by FORD.
Sponsored