First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure that's not a Bronco, and pretty sure this is illegal in my state.
Pretty sure that's illegal everywhere... the red-blue lights are a definite "impersonating the police" charge waiting to happen.

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ok, who has done this to their Bronco ban-keyboard

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pretty sure that's illegal everywhere... the red-blue lights are a definite "impersonating the police" charge waiting to happen.
it's actually not...Remember when Transformers came out and they had the Police cruiser mustang? People were making replicas etc. And while the general public couldn't tell from a distance and would slow down and stop doing stupid shit, the law actually says that as long they aren't making actions similar to a Police office and aren't pulling people over etc, there's nothing illegal about it.

Of course, I caveat this with "I am not a lawyer" and "laws in your state and local area may differ and you should always defer to local ordinances". But the blanket "it's impersonating" is false

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it's actually not...Remember when Transformers came out and they had the Police cruiser mustang? People were making replicas etc. And while the general public couldn't tell from a distance and would slow down and stop doing stupid shit, the law actually says that as long they aren't making actions similar to a Police office and aren't pulling people over etc, there's nothing illegal about it.

Of course, I caveat this with "I am not a lawyer" and "laws in your state and local area may differ and you should always defer to local ordinances". But the blanket "it's impersonating" is false
It appears to be written differently for each state, but some call out red/blue lighting under their impersonating statues. Sure, it would probably get knocked down by a lawyer if the person wasn't otherwise doing anything that made them appear to be acting as police, but not worth it.

As far as lighting in general (not impersonating), a quick Google search turns up multiple state laws making it illegal to have a red (barring brake / tail lights) or blue light on a car (and definitely not flashing). Others just say you can't have anything but clear or amber facing front (so still no red/blue).

In any case, the pictured vehicle looks ridiculous.

Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco