Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a day two reservation holder I decided to talk to my dealer to see what news he could provide considering the MIC 2.0's are beginning to roll out. Being that I have yet to be assigned a VIN # to my surprise his full transparency with me was that he expects delivery at the END OF NEXT YEAR (Maybe 2023 but he hopes not) ...... I understand there being a delay, but by that much? I feel I may be missing something here.

Im just putting this thread out there to see if anyone has hear anything else from their dealer or if anyone else is stuck in this order processing limbo.

My build: OBX, MIC w/ RR, 2.7, Lux, Non Sas, Tow.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What is your dealers allocation? Maybe he doesn't expect to get many Broncos in the next 6 months or so. Maybe he is just guessing. Maybe he is tired of people asking. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Motor City Lifer

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford f150 FX4/ 2012 Harley Davidson St Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds to me like he just does not want to be bothered. I do not see how he could substantiate those claims.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What is your dealers allocation? Maybe he doesn't expect to get many Broncos in the next 6 months or so. Maybe he is just guessing. Maybe he is tired of people asking. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Sounds to me like it's more that he just doesn't give a shit. Peter, apparantly he has no idea what's going on, and like kodiak said, he doesn't care. Your build is a standard build with some constraints, and I see no reason it shouldn't be built in early '22 now that Ford and Webasto has the MIC top problems under control. Of course that all depends on if your dealer has actually ordered your Bronco. And, also make sure he understands that he will have to re-enter the order when the '22 order banks open the middle on October. Make him show you the order sheet, and that he has the priority code showing a 1-19. Good luck.

Last edited:

Sponsored

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it a large dealership with lots of orders? As a day 2 res you should be in the top 25% of any pending orders on their allocation, ask him where your place is in their existing unscheduled orders. That will tell the real story.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know there has been a lot of excitement about the MIC 2.0 tops being ahead of schedule and a potential big scheduling day tomorrow. But it feels like there is some other serious problem under the surface.

MY22 order banks are delayed, no official Ford announcement taking credit for getting the tops up to speed quickly (despite a well reported instance of Jeep making fun of the tops), and the weird announcement that they are starting a new program to stop dealership shenanigans but are really increasing the number of Broncos a dealer can sell to non-order holders.

Most importantly, I have not seen much positive info from our usual leakers. I think they tend to hold back on the more negative info until right before it is officially announced so they do not burn sources.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds to me like he just does not want to be bothered. I do not see how he could substantiate those claims.
He probably has no idea and doesn't want to admit that. With so many being pushed to a 22, it's kind of hard to know what constraints may be going on when your build comes up. You could be near the front of the line or at the back end.

OP
OP
PistolPete

PistolPete

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I decided to contact the Ford hotline, you all would be correct that my dealer is unaware of whats going on. Luckily I was informed that I do not have to re-order next month, just time to see where the allocations are, from a fairly large dealer in Orange County, CA.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why donā€™t you have to reorder next month???

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I decided to contact the Ford hotline, you all would be correct that my dealer is unaware of whats going on. Luckily I was informed that I do not have to re-order next month, just time to see where the allocations are, from a fairly large dealer in Orange County, CA.
I don't know about that Peter. I went with Granger Ford, and they have over 1100 orders. Everyone that did not recieve their Broncos in '21 will be re-ordering in '22. I think you may have gotten some bad advise. Ford's hotline isn't always the best place to get the correct info.

OP
OP
PistolPete

PistolPete

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why donā€™t you have to reorder next month???
So I made sure to ask that.... Basically both myself and the dealer have been left in the dark on the status of my build. According to Ford I have been scheduled for production and there is a VIN #. I still have yet to receive such number and neither has my dealer... If you are uncertain on the status of you car I would reach out to your dealer and get the Order Code (not reservation #) this code is only 4 numbers long I also provided them with a body code..

She did say that I am not guaranteed a 2021MY so this will just get pushed into 2022. I do need to note she mentioned there was a system error with the VIN. So this is where im uncertain, I may or may not receive an email tomorrow. If I dont then Ill probably reach back out and see if this is true or not. I was under the impression that I did need to order on October.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I made sure to ask that.... Basically both myself and the dealer have been left in the dark on the status of my build. According to Ford I have been scheduled for production and there is a VIN #. I still have yet to receive such number and neither has my dealer... If you are uncertain on the status of you car I would reach out to your dealer and get the Order Code (not reservation #) this code is only 4 numbers long I also provided them with a body code..

She did say that I am not guaranteed a 2021MY so this will just get pushed into 2022. I do need to note she mentioned there was a system error with the VIN. So this is where im uncertain, I may or may not receive an email tomorrow. If I dont then Ill probably reach back out and see if this is true or not. I was under the impression that I did need to order on October.
Iā€™m just in awe that you were told a VIN exists but no one has it. I would just resign myself to getting a ā€˜22

OP
OP
PistolPete

PistolPete

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m just in awe that you were told a VIN exists but no one has it. I would just resign myself to getting a ā€˜22
I mean I already got an email from Ford saying they canā€™t deliver til 22 so thatā€™s expected. Iā€™m just as shocked

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still blown away, even after all this time, that I reserved my bronco on July 15th of last year but I won't be getting it until next year. If this class of vehicle wasn't limited to a small number of brands I would've given up a long time ago
Sponsored