First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Went in to look at my recently delivered Black Diamond yesterday. In talking to my sales guy he told me something that made me kinda laugh.

So he told me that another one of his customers had the same exact order as me. Down to every detail. The other customer ordered theirs over a month after mine. But theirs was selected built and delivered two months before mine.

Explain that?? Yup no explanation.
Sponsored

Denny Swift

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 Spyder, 992 GTS, Citroen 2CV, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made my initial reservation in August 2020. I placed an exact duplicate order in January 2022 with a different dealer. The January order is scheduled for production next week.

Ford emailed me saying I need to convert my original order to a 2023.

Casual Pork

Black Diamond
First Name
Cardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I made my initial reservation in August 2020. I placed an exact duplicate order in January 2022 with a different dealer. The January order is scheduled for production next week.

Ford emailed me saying I need to convert my original order to a 2023.
DITTO (10/24 BUILD DATE)

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went in to look at my recently delivered Black Diamond yesterday. In talking to my sales guy he told me something that made me kinda laugh.

So he told me that another one of his customers had the same exact order as me. Down to every detail. The other customer ordered theirs over a month after mine. But theirs was selected built and delivered two months before mine.

Explain that?? Yup no explanation.
Its possible they had a time stamp before you and they just didn't place their order until after you. at that point time stamp wins. I had a customer who never converted his and he came in, i submitted the order and it was pulled for production almost immediately. During my time at a dealer it was largely based on timestamp... pretty much exclusively but lower spec stuff would slip in to fill the gaps for available commodities (from what we were told).

Also most sales guys are complete idiots when it comes to the backend stuff and technical details and really most stuff other than things they need to close... they just don't care about a lot of that stuff. I on the other hand loved that shit so I was always trying to figure all of that stuff out.
Sponsored

Last edited: