Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I heard ceramic coating the windshield does wonders. It may not fix your issue, but at least the rain will runoff quicker.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My Badlands Bronco has these "Advanced" wipers that automatically stop wiping when they think the windshield is dry or think the prescious wiper motor may be damaged. I was driving this weekend in heavy rain, and when I put the wipers in High they automatically switched to Intermittent after like 1 minute. The rain was blinding so I had to keep switching from Low to High to keep them moving. After reading the Manual and a couple other threads in this, it appears this is a FEATURE. WTF - this is dangerous! Anyone else experiencing this? Another member suggested submitting this to NTSB and I agree. What do you guys think? For the quote from the manual, see the attachment

BTW I love my Bronco and I am not one of the complainers. This thing is fantastic but the wipers are going to cause an accident.
Yes, report it to the NTSB, the more people that do will open up an investigation and could/should result in a recall to fix the safety issue.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is becoming a reoccurring topic within the forums that has caught my attention.

I have no personal experience as I’m still in the waiting line. That said, I do NOT enjoy automatic wipers that alter their speed. Just let the adults be in control, off / low / high / plus the one bump swipe. And also, how shitty is the glass that wipers will scratch it? WTF?

To those that have experienced what they believe to be dangerous situations with the wipers, report it to the NHSTA.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had this issue last winter in freezing rain and couldn't see shit, had to keep screwing with them.

Others have noted the same thing. I along with others on here had them mysteriously start working fine after months.

I took a road trip in September and it poured rain the whole 5 hours, the wipers were on low or high the entire time and never stopped as they had previously.

2021 Outerbanks.

jason9m9

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Haven’t experienced the slowdown yet but at slower wiper speeds mine bounce quite/skip across the glass quite a bit. Almost worried to use them at a higher speed haven’t been in a torrential downpour yet but I have noticed the skipping with the little bit of rain we have gotten.

cyxpack

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You'd want the NHTSA, not the NTSB. (Just in case you decide to go that route.)

---

Anyway, never had an issue personally on my Bronco, and it's been raining a lot lately. Take it to a dealer, if they won't help, you may want to try a different dealer.

And if they don't help, then yeah... it should be reported. Safety issue.
I did report it to the NHTSA. Somewhere buried in this forum is a link. I’d recommend everyone follow suit and get this recalled.

My Wildtrak had the slow-to-stop issue in a heavy rain. New Bronco, less than 1000 miles at the time. It hasn’t done it since, but I haven’t driven in real heavy rain since either

Sponsored
OP
OP
BobRandall

BobRandall

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did report it to the NHTSA. Somewhere buried in this forum is a link. I’d recommend everyone follow suit and get this recalled.
@cyxpack Can you find us that link and share it with this thread so we all can pile on?

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It works well on mine too. But it actually does rain here, often and a lot. Not sure why the comment was made it wont work
Didn’t say “won’t work”,……in my experience doesn’t work nearly as well on my upright windshields as opposed to angled windscreens, in MY experience. That’s why…..

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've seen this complained about a few times, but have never experienced it myself. I've driven in all sorts of rainy conditions. I'd imagine I'd have noticed it after 1 year and 12.5k miles.. Mine is a 22 OBX (high package in case that matters).

I have rainX my windshield a few times. I wonder if it helped make the surface more conducive to proper function?

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do all trim levels have the same wiper stalk positions? 3 intermittent speeds, the 3 raindrop setting (which I assume is the rain sensing setting), and then high and low speeds?

Thats what’s on my 22 OBX and the wipers work wonderfully. Hours of driving in steady rain on road trips and no slow down or stoppage of speed. I thought it happened once just a month or so after I bought it, but nothing abnormal since.

JB4Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
22 wildtrak and I have noticed it doing the slow down thing even in a constant down pour. Have has to pretty much turn them all way down and back up for them to start up to full speed again.
Sponsored