First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 22 Maverick XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So we have had the window rattles and wind noise from the passenger side top which was no big deal, but now we have a HORRIBLE rattle in the tailgate area. It just started Wednesday and we have had this thing since September. We do have a heavy aftermarket wheel and tire on the spare carrier, but it didn't rattle even after getting those installed some months ago. The Bronco just turned 5200 miles, so it is not driven a lot. Mostly too and from work for my wife, which is about 28 miles round trip. Anybody else experience this?
Sponsored

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lube up all the tailgate/windows seals with Krytox. Fixed all noises for me (started around 4K miles). There are several threads on here.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
drivers and passenger doors have an adjustment under the bottom of the door that aligns the glass and adjusts the preload for the tension when all the way up.

Rear, If it's rattling in the frame, it could be a bolt on the latch that was loose and allowed it to move. Make sure they all are tight and adjust as needed.

OP
OP
22MavXLT

22MavXLT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have already done the TSB that is out for the side windows to eliminate the rattling and that fixed about 95% of it, but our passenger front door still rattles a touch, but mostly when on rough roads.

The rear window isn't rattling at all, it is the tailgate. I rode in the hatch while my wife drove to pinpoint what it is. At first I thought it was the top itself, but it isn't. If you ride in the hatch area you can clearly hear it is the tailgate.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have already done the TSB that is out for the side windows to eliminate the rattling and that fixed about 95% of it, but our passenger front door still rattles a touch, but mostly when on rough roads.

The rear window isn't rattling at all, it is the tailgate. I rode in the hatch while my wife drove to pinpoint what it is. At first I thought it was the top itself, but it isn't. If you ride in the hatch area you can clearly hear it is the tailgate.
Check your tailgate bolts on the hinges. I've seen exactly 1 case of the tailgate working itself free a bit. It's probably not your problem, but I would start with that.

Do you have a tailgate table or molle system?

OP
OP
22MavXLT

22MavXLT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Check your tailgate bolts on the hinges. I've seen exactly 1 case of the tailgate working itself free a bit. It's probably not your problem, but I would start with that.

Do you have a tailgate table or molle system?
No, it's the standard tailgate.

OP
OP
22MavXLT

22MavXLT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are these pushed firmly against the tire? If not, there's your problem.

Ford Bronco Our First Real Complaint: HORRIBLE rattle in the tailgate area 2021 Ford Bornco spare tire delete wheel delete
No they are not, but they never were and it just started this week. I doubt this is the problem with ours.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No they are not, but they never were and it just started this week. I doubt this is the problem with ours.
It almost certainly is, we've seen it many times. Without support, over time the heavy tire fatigued the structure and caused movement. They are there for a reason.

Sponsored
OP
OP
22MavXLT

22MavXLT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It almost certainly is, we've seen it many times. Without support, over time the heavy tire fatigued the structure and caused movement. They are there for a reason.
Oh ok. I'm new to this stuff when it comes to Broncos and Jeeps where the spare is on the tailgate. Is there a way to extend them out so they contact the tire? Or do they make longer ones?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So we have had the window rattles and wind noise from the passenger side top which was no big deal, but now we have a HORRIBLE rattle in the tailgate area. It just started Wednesday and we have had this thing since September. We do have a heavy aftermarket wheel and tire on the spare carrier, but it didn't rattle even after getting those installed some months ago. The Bronco just turned 5200 miles, so it is not driven a lot. Mostly too and from work for my wife, which is about 28 miles round trip. Anybody else experience this?
Hi there. This window rattle concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

breezyxm

Outer Banks
First Name
bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm having a similar issue and trying to figure out the problem prior to taking it to Ford 😭

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same, here, started around 4,000 miles, annoying ticking when going over uneven roads. If you're sitting in the tailgate area facing the back mine is coming from the right side where it transitions from the tailgate to the glass. Def watching this thread.
Sponsored