Snoman93

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rm 2500 Outdoorsmen, 2018 4Runner Limitied
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi all, not sure if anyone has come across anything similar but today my wife was washing her 4 door first edition we have had for a week now and noticed what looks to be a hair or some sort of string in the paint. It appears to have been painted over or at least clear coated over. Just emailed the dealer we will see what happens
. It’s in the passenger side front door of cactus grey.

pictures are not great but you’ll get the idea. The
Ford Bronco Paint issue identified during first wash 2DE65768-8571-401F-AB91-819D852BEBE7
Ford Bronco Paint issue identified during first wash 1D13CD14-09C2-42E7-9BD0-44333174A013
Sponsored

OP
OP

Snoman93

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Also the squiggle next to the hair is some sort of reflection from the water or sun. Nothing else is on the door. Sorry for any confusion.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The good news is they can fix that quite easily. Im a little surprised to see hair in the paint though, seeing as its a fully automated process.

The dealers chosen body shop can likely buff it out and do a small touch up on the finish and you'll never know its there., The people posting photos of the bubbles under the paint are the ones in real trouble..

ocnorBdroF1202

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC 1500 SLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Kind of resembles a cross between a "6" and a "G", so consider yourself blessed...just kidding, that sucks...let us know what the outcome is with the dealer...

fltechpilot

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S3 1984 Porsche 928S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The good news is they can fix that quite easily. Im a little surprised to see hair in the paint though, seeing as its a fully automated process.

The dealers chosen body shop can likely buff it out and do a small touch up on the finish and you'll never know its there., The people posting photos of the bubbles under the paint are the ones in real trouble..
Are you sure that will buff out? It looks like it's in the color base coat. Won't the whole panel have to be clear coated?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Snoman93

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ya, I don’t think the repair is a big deal. Annoying but should be fine. I bought from a large dealer but dont recall seeing a body shop there. Had some work done on my wife’s previous car, 4Runner, that came out perfect down not too far from us.

Also thought it was strange with how the painting process is. Don’t really understand how it’s even possible

Gaggs11

Badlands
First Name
Gagik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT3, 19’ Cayenne, 20’ Model S, 87’ Supra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh man
 that sucks!
That is a warranty issue and needs to be fixed by the dealer. I don’t think a proper fix will be buffing off as the string is under the paint.

The same thing happened to a brand new Porsche Cayenne, so it can happen.

OP
OP

Snoman93

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ya I think there will be some work to be done for sure but nothing to terrible I hope anyway. Just a few days without the truck and so soon! Wish I had saw it when we got it but it was pouring pretty hard that day, will have to really go through it now and make sure there arnt any other defects.
Hearing even Porsche did it maybe it’s not so impossible.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you sure that will buff out? It looks like it's in the color base coat. Won't the whole panel have to be clear coated?
You can see the color of the hair and not just the outline, so it's very near the surface. I don't think the color layer will be damaged very much.

Ideally you would do the whole panel but its still common to just feather the clear coat and sand a little to smooth it out. Usually it just depends on how much damage there is to the panel.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, they can feather out the area and build it back up. It will probably be around a 6-8 inch area of repair depending on how deep it is.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've only bought one other brand new vehicle, but I've often thought about "with the next one" requesting access to the wash bay so I can wash it as part of the inspection process.

I've had a ton of used cars over the years and always find "stuff" on that first wash.
I detailed back when I was younger, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How the heck did a pubic hair get in the paint? Guy in the paint booth loves the Bronco a little too much.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi all, not sure if anyone has come across anything similar but today my wife was washing her 4 door first edition we have had for a week now and noticed what looks to be a hair or some sort of string in the paint. It appears to have been painted over or at least clear coated over. Just emailed the dealer we will see what happens
. It’s in the passenger side front door of cactus grey.

pictures are not great but you’ll get the idea. The
Ford Bronco Paint issue identified during first wash 1D13CD14-09C2-42E7-9BD0-44333174A013
And now waiting for the email from ford about further delays based on paint quality issues.
Again guys can we just wait in these posts until more or any of us get ours.

OP
OP

Snoman93

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Update: got down to dealer 2 days after we found it, then they sent us to their other dealer that had a body shop. No less then 10 people said “I’ve never seen that before!” They took a bunch of pictures then sent it to Ford for approval for warranty repair.
Today dealer called back and said it was approved but can’t start till 11/1 and will need the truck for about a week.
They are nice enough to put us in some sort of small compact car though😣... Hopefully they do good work
Sponsored