Sponsored

Percentage of users that really need Badlands? (edit correction)

ToddPhil

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The constant comments about "99.99% of people never going off road" are taxing to wade through...it will be great when people take delivery and the focus shifts to what people are doing off road, and we will see and some will do amazing things with these trucks. That said, I get it, people constantly talking about the mall etc. aren't going off road and they want to project on everyone else that they won't either, so they constantly bring it up to justify themselves. It will just be nice when that goes away. The thing is most everyone who buys a capable 4x4 either takes it off road, OR envisions taking it off road and like that ability, whether they ever use it or not....and that's great. Drive it like you want. Even if you don't actually do it; enjoy that it can do it....but constantly telling everyone else they won't use it like it was intended or can be used is ridiculous.
A Gamecock living in reality, which is not normal 😉. Agreed on all points.
Sponsored

418hotrod

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500 , 2000 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Base
So why do people buy Shelby’s and Corvettes? If you use them to their potential, you probably won’t have your license very long!
This right here is too funny imo. I have both, an '08 GT500 and '02 Z06. And while I've never tracked either one I sure do have a helluva lot of (mostly legal) fun!
My future Badlands will get plenty of offroad use along with being a daily. I won't be doing rock crawling but it seems a lot of people are hung up on the disconnect is only good for that activity. There have been plenty of times on severely washed out roads that a front disconnect would have been handy, and the front locker for sure.

Have I gotten by 30+ years without either of those options? Sure! Will I use them going forward? Absolutely, and I cannot wait!

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I WANT to explore the back country, I WANT to explore abandoned mines and ghost towns, camp at some lonely lake, things like that. I can't carry a full backpacking outfit anymore, so I NEED some transportation to get to places I might have hiked to years ago. That's why I WANT a BL.

Now, I haven't camped in years, got tired of campgrounds with loud morons late at night, I want quiet and the stars. But I will go do this, and quite likely by myself at times, so I NEED something capable and reliable to get me there and back again. Will I ever NEED the sway bar disco? I won't know until I do.

I plan to keep this rig for a long time (my current ride is 18 years old) so in the long run $5k more or less makes little difference if I can afford it now.

Will I ever do the Rubicon? Doubtful, but who knows. From more recent videos it looks like a giant traffic jam on rocks, not what I'd have in mind going out into nature. I will definitely drive it to Moab (crowded but fun, go early in spring, just after the snow melts) and to Colorado and maybe someday I'll actually do the drive across the country using side roads and camping or sleeping in my 4 door. All dreams for now, but if I don't have the tool to get out on a weekend and explore, that's what they'd remain. Once I have my BadSquatch I can hop in and take it places I WANT to go to, for that I will NEED it.

And yes 95%+ of the time it'll be my kids school bus and my grocery getter, I don't live anywhere close to trails - for now. But it'll be the fun school bus (even in the right color!) with no roof :)

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who gives a shit?

Drive your vehicle the way you want and get what you want.

Im so sick of this bullshit of people judging others or shaming or implying others are posers.

Move on, no one here needs to justify shit to anyone.

If I want the most hardcore rig possible to take my 3 year old to daycare what's it to anyone else?

Edit: sorry that got a bit aggressive. I realize you weren't really trying to imply any off that.
That made me laugh. My wife judges all the jeep posers at work. Comes home #%#%#%#% about it. I have to calm her down and tell her exactly what you just said. To funny.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now my guess on percentages would be 5% will use it fully. 10-15% could get away with a rear locker and be good. The other 80 just wanted to take the top and doors off, look really cool, and have it drive way better then there previous jeep they owned. Ford will get a lot of customers. Lol we’re keeping the jeep by the way.
And to each their own.

Sponsored

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who gives a shit?

Drive your vehicle the way you want and get what you want.

Im so sick of this bullshit of people judging others or shaming or implying others are posers.

Move on, no one here needs to justify shit to anyone.

If I want the most hardcore rig possible to take my 3 year old to daycare what's it to anyone else?

Edit: sorry that got a bit aggressive. I realize you weren't really trying to imply any off that.
Is there a Quote of the Day award?

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is pretty damn awesome.
Little back story, that picture was taken just outside McCarthy, AK deep in the Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve. That was after 60 miles of dirt trail, its kind of a road depending on the time of year and weather. It used to be an old rail road bed back when the mine was hopping. It's a beautiful drive and fantastic place to visit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthy,_Alaska

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennecott,_Alaska

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I
How many of the 125,000 that converted will really use their rigs in situations that require the abilities of sasquatch and locking front diff and disconnecting front stabilizer?

I for one had to come to the reality that over capability for the cost was not a good buy, for me.

What % will be mall crawlers?

What % will only be driven on gravel or forest fire roads?

What % will see deep water crossings or deep mud bogs?

What % will take part in serious rock crawling?
i live in Fargo Nd , roads here are oike
How many of the 125,000 that converted will really use their rigs in situations that require the abilities of sasquatch and locking front diff and disconnecting front stabilizer?

I for one had to come to the reality that over capability for the cost was not a good buy, for me.

What % will be mall crawlers?

What % will only be driven on gravel or forest fire roads?

What % will see deep water crossings or deep mud bogs?

What % will take part in serious rock crawling?
i live in Fargo Nd , roads here are like rock crawling , actually Badlands might not be enough.

oscargolong

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Avalon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 2 boys who play baseball about 5 days a week, 11 months out of the year in the Carolina red clay. I may not off-road much, but I guarandamnty that I'll use the washout MGV interior of the BD more than 99% of those who do. I have no problem firing up the pressurewasher on the floorboards and seats.
That's why I wanted washout floors as well, except we have daughters and do softball instead. Carpets don't like our Tennessee version of red clay either. I chose the Badlands because I could get the Sasquatch performance without the cost and without the same look as everyone else's. I also wanted a minimim High pkg because I figured if I'm spending this much I may as well get a 12" screen and 360 camera - which will help with our goofy garage parking situation. The wife even suggested the splurges, so that's a bonus.

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting a non-Sasquatch Badlands, but don't plan on any extreme offroading. Massachusetts doesn't have a lot of places to go, and I'm also hesitant to ding up a $60K vehicle.

Most of the reason I'm going with Badlands is because it has features that I cannot get on other models like 33" tires and the high/lux packages, and it does not lock me into other features I do not want. Wildtrack has Sasquatch standard, so that's out for me. I am not a fan of the tires, rims, and body color mirrors, fenders, and handles on the OBX.

The fact that Badlands has the sway bar disconnect and lockers is a bonus. I may never need them, but it is nice to know that they are there!
Sponsored