Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Out of curiosity, what does DORA mean?

You people keep tossing it out like everybody should know, but I haven't been able to figure it out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Out of curiosity, what does DORA mean?

You people keep tossing it out like everybody should know, but I haven't been able to figure it out.
I didnā€™t know the exact meaning, so I found this. Lol
Ford Bronco Please help.. Bronco pricing 70D22B45-FE8D-46C5-AA90-65382670FA63

*Edit-Iā€™m sure someone else might have a better explanation, though! šŸ™‚

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer didn't even add in the extra $100 for the destination charge increase. Not that I would have complained about $100. The price on my DORA and signed buyers order when I ordered is exactly what I paid.
Mine either. He originally had the price screwed up, then he re-did it from the price on the DORA, and was too flustered to add in the $100. I didn't notice till I got home.

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you.

It certainly does suck. My husband told me that Iā€™m just pissing them off, but itā€™s so hard to remain quiet on something that I believe Iā€™m right on. Iā€™m going to give it one more shot on Monday to see what Marketing tells me and see if that can resolve the issue. If not, Iā€™ll give up. Sign for what they are saying I have to pay and just never return to that dealer.šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
It sucks because itā€™s not only something that you believe youā€™re right on, itā€™s the way Ford says it should work and the dealer refuses to follow it.

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It sucks because itā€™s not only something that you believe youā€™re right on, itā€™s the way Ford says it should work and the dealer refuses to follow it.
My thoughts exactly. Iā€™ll keep yā€™all posted after I speak with Ford Marketing..

Sponsored
OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, update:
I spoke to probably 10 different people when I called Ford Marketing today. Every single person said, after looking up my order, that I was supposed to pay the price from the time I ordered..NOT what shows on the MSRP.

One individual even said, ā€œthe incentive is protected.ā€ She said that it meant that the dealer locked my price at the time they submitted the order. The date they did that even matched the date on my order sheet

Unfortunately, since I donā€™t fall under the original Price Protection Program, there is no certificate for me. Everyone said that itā€™s going to be up to the dealer to do the right thing and honor the original price. It was suggested that I speak to the zone rep, but guess what! I would have to get that personā€™s name and information from my dealer! Yā€™all really think thatā€™s going to happen? šŸ˜‚ Iā€™ve already asked them to speak with their zone rep, but I donā€™t believe they listened.

Iā€™m going to speak to them one more time (Iā€™m waiting to hear back from my salesman, but he hasnā€™t called back for some reason šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜†) and see what happens. After that, Iā€™m out of options.

Let me Tell the GM you would like for him to call his Rep and ask them.
Sorry again. It sucks for sure

you should be price protected.

The price on my DORA and signed buyers order when I ordered is exactly what I paid.

I mentioned the info on Fords website that says I should be price protected and he said I have nothing to worry about, Iā€™ll be paying the price on the sheet I signed.
I'll make it very simple, because even dealer's get confused.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
According to the table for a 4-door Black Diamond, you are entitled to $1250 in price protection. However, a Black Diamond 2.3 Mid is not a complicated build so a walk away at year-end from 2022 to take 2023 is not a bad outcome.

Tell the dealer you will pay their adjusted price if they throw in (Pick a few). These were in my pocket when I walked in.

- All Weather Mats
- Door Bags
- Cargo Area protector
- Door Key Pay
- BYOD Rail
- 3 years of oil changes

Play the game if you must, but play the game don't just roll over and say you lost. Keep trying to convert the $1250 to items of value.

EDIT: I forgot to mention you really must negotiate in person. Phone and email are too impersonal. It's nearing month end, tell them you want to get the Bronco sold in Ford's eye by month end "so let's work together and get this done."

Integrate and add value!

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

According to the table for a 4-door Black Diamond, you are entitled to $1250 in price protection. However, a Black Diamond 2.3 Mid is not a complicated build so a walk away at year-end from 2022 to take 2023 is not a bad outcome.

Tell the dealer you will pay their adjusted price if they throw in (Pick a few). These were in my pocket when I walked in.

- All Weather Mats
- Door Bags
- Cargo Area protector
- Door Key Pay
- BYOD Rail
- 3 years of oil changes

Play the game if you must, but play the game don't just roll over and say you lost. Keep trying to convert the $1250 to items of value.

EDIT: I forgot to mention you really must negotiate in person. Phone and email are too impersonal. It's nearing month end, tell them you want to get the Bronco sold in Ford's eye by month end "so let's work together and get this done."

Integrate and add value!
I completely agree! Having to communicate over the phone, and with a middleman between (not even directly with the GM), certainly doesnā€™t help. I live 3 hours away, so the face to face will just have to happen when we go for the Bronco. A one last attempt..

My Bronco shipped last week with an ETA of 11/3-11/9, so I wouldnā€™t make this monthā€™s end..but Iā€™m not done trying. Yet. Lol

AMC Ape

Badlands
First Name
Bronco L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealership will get that money regardless of whether they pass it on to the customer or not, unless they are honestly ignorant of that fact. I don't know if it is done automatically or if they have to manually apply for it, but it's definitely there for the taking in SmartVincent.

Good luck, and hopefully you can convince them. It sounds like you'll definitely have to earn that money! Lol!
When I used my reservation from 10/2020 to build my Badlands in 2/2021 the MSRP was $44,590. After getting bumped to MY23 the MSRP is $47,385. I have a code number to give my dealer for $825 at time of purchase. But I am not clear where the other $1970 in protection money is coming from, the dealer marks price down? Ford send a check to me or dealer? Thanks.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I used my reservation from 10/2020 to build my Badlands in 2/2021 the MSRP was $44,590. After getting bumped to MY23 the MSRP is $47,385. I have a code number to give my dealer for $825 at time of purchase. But I am not clear where the other $1970 in protection money is coming from, the dealer marks price down? Ford send a check to me or dealer? Thanks.
I wasn't a reservationist, so I have no idea how price protection works for them. I do know that Ford pays the dealer, then the dealer is supposed to pay you. Some dealers give it to you at the time of delivery and wait to be reimbursed themselves by Ford, and others promise to give you a check later after they receive it. That's for the stuff that is delayed -- some stuff is instantaneous to the dealer.

Sponsored

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, update:
I spoke to probably 10 different people when I called Ford Marketing today. Every single person said, after looking up my order, that I was supposed to pay the price from the time I ordered..NOT what shows on the MSRP.

One individual even said, ā€œthe incentive is protected.ā€ She said that it meant that the dealer locked my price at the time they submitted the order. The date they did that even matched the date on my order sheet

Unfortunately, since I donā€™t fall under the original Price Protection Program, there is no certificate for me. Everyone said that itā€™s going to be up to the dealer to do the right thing and honor the original price. It was suggested that I speak to the zone rep, but guess what! I would have to get that personā€™s name and information from my dealer! Yā€™all really think thatā€™s going to happen? šŸ˜‚ Iā€™ve already asked them to speak with their zone rep, but I donā€™t believe they listened.

Iā€™m going to speak to them one more time (Iā€™m waiting to hear back from my salesman, but he hasnā€™t called back for some reason šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜†) and see what happens. After that, Iā€™m out of options.
Man I hate this for you. Yes itā€™s ultimately up to the dealer to give you the price that was on it when you ordered it cause they are going to get it in 30-40 days on their statement from Ford. IMO, Dealers that are taking advantage of customers during this time are just looking at the here and now and not the overall big picture. The $1250 that he/she is keeping from you is no way worth the bad publicity and word of mouth that this will cause.

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man I hate this for you. Yes itā€™s ultimately up to the dealer to give you the price that was on it when you ordered it cause they are going to get it in 30-40 days on their statement from Ford. IMO, Dealers that are taking advantage of customers during this time are just looking at the here and now and not the overall big picture. The $1250 that he/she is keeping from you is no way worth the bad publicity and word of mouth that this will cause.
My salesman contacted me this evening and told me that his GM said we could talk about it in person when we go for the Bronco. Itā€™s not a yes, but itā€™s not a no either. Iā€™ll take that as a step in the right direction! Lol. Everything Ford told me was that while I am supposed to receive that price from my time of order, itā€™s entirely up to the GM to honor it. We shall see!

Thanks so much. Iā€™ll keep ya posted!

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My salesman contacted me this evening and told me that his GM said we could talk about it in person when we go for the Bronco. Itā€™s not a yes, but itā€™s not a no either. Iā€™ll take that as a step in the right direction! Lol. Everything Ford told me was that while I am supposed to receive that price from my time of order, itā€™s entirely up to the GM to honor it. We shall see!

Thanks so much. Iā€™ll keep ya posted!
Yes, this is definitely a good sign. On another subject, I see your from Texas, if you havenā€™t gone yet, I would definitely look into going to the Bronco Off Roadeo near Austin. Itā€™s a great time for sure.

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, this is definitely a good sign. On another subject, I see your from Texas, if you havenā€™t gone yet, I would definitely look into going to the Bronco Off Roadeo near Austin. Itā€™s a great time for sure.
Iā€™ve gotten the emails and seen a lot of pictures here on the forum. It definitely looks like a great time! Thanks šŸ™‚
Sponsored

Last edited: