First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am all in. I only own Fords. The A-Plan does not hurt either. Are they perfect? Absolutely not, but my track record with them has been very good. All automobiles have recalls of various degrees. Address the issues and move on. Besides many issues are not design issues but issues that can be attributed to the parts vendors. Such as air bags.
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a Focus ST for a 3 years and while everyone in that community claims the engines blow up along with the transmissions, I never had an issue. I felt most of those issues were due to driver error, most likely exacerbated by the young demographic driving those cars.

I loved the torque from the 2.0 ecoboost, especially low down in the RPM range, and can't wait to get my hands on a 2.3 ecoboost 7MT Bronco.

Sync 3 in the Focus was pretty good for an infotainment system and I hope Sync 4 only improves. The Sync 3 system was better than the system in my wife's 2015 GL350 by a long shot.

Tl;dr, I'm excited to get into a Bronco
I've had my Focus ST for 7 1/2 years now with 80k miles and no problems. The car is quick and fun to drive. Only Ford I've owned and I like it a lot. I'm getting the 2.7L as I like the extra kick.

OP
OP

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had my Focus ST for 7 1/2 years now with 80k miles and no problems. The car is quick and fun to drive. Only Ford I've owned and I like it a lot. I'm getting the 2.7L as I like the extra kick.
I like the focus ST, it was about 10 years too late while the mazdaspeed3, WRX, gti and civic SI were your only options, and now Ford killed the focus along with almost all their other cars. 😞

also allegedly Ford knowingly put flawed trannies in both cars with reports of popping into neutral on the highway and/or lunging into intersections while stopped.

mutz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing fun at the moment
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the focus ST, it was about 10 years too late while the mazdaspeed3, WRX, gti and civic SI were your only options, and now Ford killed the focus along with almost all their other cars. 😞

also allegedly Ford knowingly put flawed trannies in both cars with reports of popping into neutral on the highway and/or lunging into intersections while stopped.
The broken transmissions were the automatic DCTs. The FoST manual was fine as long as you didn't thrash it like a 12 year old.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No such thing as 100% confidence. You are only implying up to 100% naïve.

This poll is flawed from the question much less the answers. Hesitance and confidence don't exist at these extremes of 100 or 0 percent. Anyone who thinks so isn't being honest with themselves or others.

With that said, I am mostly confident I will enjoy the vehicle when/if it comes. I am not confident there might be/not be pitfalls or stumbles on the part of Ford, but such is nearly any product out there if you give it enough time.

Sponsored
OP
OP

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The broken transmissions were the automatic DCTs. The FoST manual was fine as long as you didn't thrash it like a 12 year old.
Okay? And? That should be unacceptable.

OP
OP

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

This poll is flawed from the question much less the answers. Hesitance and confidence don't exist at these extremes of 100 or 0 percent. Anyone who thinks so isn't being honest with themselves or others.

With that said, I am mostly confident I will enjoy the vehicle when/if it comes. I am not confident there might be/not be pitfalls or stumbles on the part of Ford, but such is nearly any product out there if you give it enough time.
Waaaaaaaaaah

I am 100% confident buying a Toyota or honda

about 99% confident buying Mazda, Kia or Hyundai, but for the purpose of this poll, I would round up to 100.

about 98% confident in Subaru, again, round up.

but Ford? I feel a little foolish buying one and am trying to gauge the room.

-Honda, Toyota
-Mazda, Hyundai, Kia
-Subaru
-Nissan
-Benz, Bmw
-big 3
-everyone else.

that’s about my expectation

iwantmydamnarea51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As the owner of a Jeep Cherokee that was a literal lemon (which has had transmission problems many times and has completely broken down on the freeways of Los Angeles more than once) I am very excited to be a Ford owner.

Never owned a Ford, however, I also drive a 2008 Range Rover Sport with a Ford engine, back when Ford used to make Land Rover engines, and the car drives great. I've heard Land Rovers are a lot of work, but this car has run so great over the course of its life.

Super stoked, too, to be buying an American-made car. Maybe a little scared. But mostly excited

Last edited:
OP
OP

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

The fact you included the IF option says all I need to know. And that’s where I’m at right now.

OP
OP

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
As the owner of a Jeep Cherokee that was a literal lemon (which has had transmission problems many times and has completely broken down on the freeways of Los Angeles more than once) I am very excited to be a Ford owner.

Never owned a Ford, however, I drive a 2008 Range Rover Sport with a Ford engine, back when Ford used to make Land Rover engines, and the car drives great. I've heard Land Rovers are a lot of work, but this car has run so great over the course of its life.

Super stoked, too, to be buying an American-made car. Maybe a little scared. But mostly excited
What years did they make the LR engines? I thought I heard something like at one point Jaguar was making the base v8 in the range, and bmw was supplying the v8 for the hse. I’m unclear and wish I knew more about the timeline of Ford with Jaguar and Land Rover and Ford with Volvo.

Sponsored

mutz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing fun at the moment
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay? And? That should be unacceptable.
Never said it was acceptable. What's the deal with the 10R80 in the Ranger?

More reason I'm going 7MT. Gonna take my chances with a new Getrag 🤣🤣

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Waaaaaaaaaah

I am 100% confident buying a Toyota or honda

about 99% confident buying Mazda, Kia or Hyundai, but for the purpose of this poll, I would round up to 100.

about 98% confident in Subaru, again, round up.

but Ford? I feel a little foolish buying one and am trying to gauge the room.

-Honda, Toyota
-Mazda, Hyundai, Kia
-Subaru
-Nissan
-Benz, Bmw
-big 3
-everyone else.

that’s about my expectation
Waaaaaaaaaah

"I need others to validate my choices so I can make "decisions for myself". I go peepee standing up now!"

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The fact you included the IF option says all I need to know. And that’s where I’m at right now.
"If" is in there, because the reality is as an adult, I can do this thing called "change my mind" has nothing to do with if a manufacturer can deliver.

OP
OP

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Waaaaaaaaaah

"I need others to validate my choices so I can make "decisions for myself". I go peepee standing up now!"
Just trying to learn bro
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.