Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That’ll be a nice trip- enjoy!
I’m in Clemmons.
Advance, and we used to live in Clemmons. We're a maximum of 5-6 miles apart, probably. 🤯
Sponsored

biswamberpal

Wildtrak
First Name
Biswamber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There's a Ford employee in the FB group who has been giving production updates. He stated that they are working day and night to replace the MIC tops on the Dirt Mountain Broncos. Also said the day shift crew is staying overtime to help out. The replacements are all being done in the MOD center which is next to MAP and there should be no production interruption of new Broncos being produced. Once the roof changes are done at the MOD center they are taken back to MAP and the go through the whole final testing and inspection process again before they are released to shipment. So those of you worried about quality issues from sitting at Dirt Mountain for months can rest easy.

I know a lot of people with 9/13-9/30 build weeks have been pushed back, but he said new production will still be going full steam ahead.
is MIC 2.0 supposed to look a bit different from 1.0. How do you differentiate

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At this point, does it look like MIC 2.0s will be available from Ford Parts as a stand alone accessory in 2022?

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know man, by TJ 2-door is a different feel driving, compared to my buddy's 4-door JK. The latter feels less nimble and lumbering. More of a pain to park and maneuver for sure.

On the other hand, if you have a legit use for the extra space and passenger room in the 4-door, then go for it. Each as advantages/disadvantages.

I'll say regardless of lack of space, my old ultra short wheelbase CJ-5 was like a go-kart, one of the most fun 4x4s I've driven. But on trips I did have to tie stuff to the spare and rollbars for capacity!
good points made! I liked the idea of short wheel base, but for a fun performance car (miata, s2k, hot hatches) since this rig will be for mild off-roading and lugging gear (camping, rock climbing) i favor space over agility. this will be different for everyone, but for me the switch will be better.

Sponsored

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm confused as to why this would even be an issue for them. It stands to reason that if you have, say 10 rows of ten, how hard is it to go to the first row parked and start pulling from that row. Unless they just parked them randomly with no rhyme or reason! Which to me would be more difficult to do in the first place...Trying to stay positive here!
Staying positive, that does make the most sense for a company that deals in assembly lines.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
is MIC 2.0 supposed to look a bit different from 1.0. How do you differentiate
If I was a betting man (and not just an interior/exterior engineering designer), I would say they look exactly the same, with maybe some color/surface texture nuances. But that's just me....:rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, and let's not forget the "finished edge" of all panels looking different, before someone rips my head off calling me out that I forgot that...lol

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's actually a pretty good idea. Looks like I'll be reaching out to my dealer later today.

Now the BIL taking the other res... He just wanted a color change... That's a little more difficult to have the dealer do.
Yep.. One of my problems with my date getting pushed a month is my trade-in on my 2018 Focus ST (also built at MAP) value will be LESS as we move into October/November. Demand for stick-shift sports cars in the midwest drops as winter approaches. I would like them to compensate me on that notion... It does say "to help out with lease extensions" why would that be any different?

Spray

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep.. One of my problems with my date getting pushed a month is my trade-in on my 2018 Focus ST (also built at MAP) value will be LESS as we move into October/November. Demand for stick-shift sports cars in the midwest drops as winter approaches. I would like them to compensate me on that notion... It does say "to help out with lease extensions" why would that be any different?
Before you trade it in look at Carmax. My son just took his 2017 Focus ST in and they gave him a good for thirty day offer of $21K. Almost $2K more than he paid.

Sponsored

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Either way shouldn’t affect when mine gets a new top, since my 7/15 blend is more or less in the middle of the herd.
You think? I'm 7/13. Was thinking I was in the first third at least....

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't think anything was done to the tooling... I think they just added more resin to it to make it thicker and cover the bad area... that is why they were able to get the so called 2.0 going as fast as they did....
Maybe they started using prototype molds, the ones used for all the pre-production Roadeo and press vehicles. Actual Webastco produced roofs would not have been supplied until actual customer production, would be my guess, and why the issues were not discovered until after deliveries were made.

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Before you trade it in look at Carmax. My son just took his 2017 Focus ST in and they gave him a good for thirty day offer of $21K. Almost $2K more than he paid.
One thing to keep in mind on that: Sales tax on your Bronco purchase most likely will not include the value of a trade in. It'll likely be calculated after your trade in value is deducted from the purchase price.

That's the way it is in NC, 3%.

If you sell it separately, you could end up paying a lot more in sales tax on your Bronco.

Just something to keep in mind.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can only speak on dtp local 600, they would pull easiest first and there would be no one out there directing where to park them. Do you work at map ?
Retired... and many of the plant personnel and Local 900 members are like family thus the positive support.
Since this is a targeted plan to replace hardtops, they will need to report out and update as to status. It will be an easy follow-up to address if they do not adhere reasonably to FIFO. Off-site lots I have seen were being filled front to back in orderly fashion. With a recent drive-by it looks like there has been activity with new vehicles in place of previous units at the front areas. Could not get close enough actual build dates...

Past experience with yard and off-site campaigns was what looked like chaos was somewhat orderly. Yes, there was an occasional misplaced or lost unit found in the mix (the human factor). Seems like a big deal since we are waiting for our Broncos but if replacement stock is available along with limited production stock for '21 FE builds and other VINs that are scheduled, they should work through the roof replacement quickly. Even though it will not be a regular production process and seeing the roof removal and install videos, it should be a fairly quick operation. Maybe we will be surprised with hardtop production ramping up and more hardtops will become available resulting in some getting that '21 model after all.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

good points made! I liked the idea of short wheel base, but for a fun performance car (miata, s2k, hot hatches) since this rig will be for mild off-roading and lugging gear (camping, rock climbing) i favor space over agility. this will be different for everyone, but for me the switch will be better.
My brother-in-law had a first gen Bronco and I thought it was a little squirrelly on the highway when hitting the brakes hard
Sponsored