Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ummmm, that don't sound right to me. It's always been my understanding the dealer sets the priority code, and Ford would built the vehicle when all the stars lined up properly. Mine has been set at 19 since 03/03 by my dealer even though both of us knew it wouldn't be built until '22. He'll just contact me again when the '22 order banks open, and we'll sit down and order a '22. Maybe someone that knows better (@ZackDanger) can confirm, or deny my hypothesis. But, it still doesn't sound right at all.
I specifically asked him to clarify, and he told me he did put it in as a 19 and that they changed it on him🤷‍♀️. I have the DORA that shows 19. if I hear that something significant has changed with 2 door production I'll call him back and ask him to change the priority or call Ford if he claims he can't.

Edited to add that I basically found the answer about orders being changed to 99 from a buildable code, according to Zachdanger it has to be done by a regional rep, the dealer cant change the code. so if this holds true that means that the regional rep or someone similar changed my build code
Ford Bronco Production update: As shutdown weeks loom, MAP hits its stride. Early 2 door reservation holders should hear something soon 1625083182865
Sponsored

Last edited:

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for all that you do, and this wonderful information.
Do you happen to know when we should make the change to soft top for a September build?
Like, right now, I'm MIC with a July 14, 9AM MST reservation, and would rather have an August build with MIC, but could settle for a September build with prep kit.
What would be the last day of scheduling for August? I'd much rather have a MIC because I'm in Utah, and we can get some good amounts of snow in the winter. The defroster and wiper could be helpful.

For reference, my build: 4D, 2.7L, Lux, SAS, MIC, Badlands.
If you're a 7/14 reservation I wouldn't switch if I were you - I'm also a 7/14 build with MIC, Badlands, 4DR, High Package, Non-SAS, 2.3L and as he mentioned in original post I feel like early reservation holders should be getting build dates soon (within 1-2 months)

BroncOBabe2.7

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I feel nauseous 😞

I didn't reserve or order my bronco until 3/9 so I had ZERO expectations of getting a MY21 and I was perfectly fine with that. I was anticipating my bronco late Q2 or early Q3 of next year. Given my current build and this update it sounds like I may as well sit tight and prepare for a MY23. Is that likely?

4dr OBX, non sas, MIC, high pckg, 2.7L.

Lilmule

Base
First Name
Dan Follett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx, 2001 Jeep xj
Your Bronco Model
Base
My bronco is scheduled to be built 7/26. Have not seen a change to that date yet, but expecting one.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're a 7/14 reservation I wouldn't switch if I were you - I'm also a 7/14 build with MIC, Badlands, 4DR, High Package, Non-SAS, 2.3L and as he mentioned in original post I feel like early reservation holders should be getting build dates soon (within 1-2 months)
It's just so hard, ya know?

They're going to be allocating as many as possible to 1st Editions to try and get those all built this year, which means fewer allocations for us non-first editions.

I honestly would love to have a hard top AND a soft top, so I can switch to the soft top during the summer months and the hard top during the winter.

I'll just keep holding out, since I really want the hard top going into winter.

Sponsored

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a 7/14 build date for an MIC already DON'T change a damn thing!
That's GREAT news to hear! As I've felt the early reservation holders (7/13-7-15) Have to be taken care of right??

I'm a 7/14 3:30 PST reservation w/: 2.3L, 4 DR Badlands, High Package, MIC Top w/ Roof Rack, Non-SAS

Would you expect me to receive a build date within 1-2 months? We're a one car household right now as I had to return my lease in June and I just wish I could get a window on when I'll get it!

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I specifically asked him to clarify, and he told me he did put it in as a 19 and that they changed it on him🤷‍♀️. I have the DORA that shows 19. if I hear that something significant has changed with 2 door production I'll call him back and ask him to change the priority or call Ford if he claims he can't.
Did you change from a MOD top to a MIC top? Or have some other option that's no longer available? That would be the only reason Ford would make that switch on you.

Your dealer can change you back if you want to be in the mix for this year - as long as you don't have any unavailable options like a mod top.

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Always great posts from you and I sure hope that Ford Corp appreciates your “unofficial” updates that are very accurate and go a long way to calming our little gang here on Bronco6G.

I received a strange email from Ford on yesterday just basically saying to “stay calm” and being an early reservation holder that my rig is coming soon and wasn‘t more specific than that, but still some good communication I guess.

Who knows, my wait may be coming to a close, but I’ll believe when I see it.
I got that same email! I'm hoping for good news in the coming weeks! 7/14 res here

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you change from a MOD top to a MIC top? Or have some other option that's no longer available? That would be the only reason Ford would make that switch on you.

Your dealer can change you back if you want to be in the mix for this year - as long as you don't have any unavailable options like a mod top.
Nope its always been a MIC top. Shows MIC on my DORA too.

I'm wondering though if Ford has picked a cut off reservation date for production on models/a combination? we had a mix of people here that got the email last week and then others that didn't get the email. I wonder if the change of code has something to do with people getting the email?
I have no reason to believe that my dealer is lying to me, he's always been pretty open and responsive with how the Bronco orders have been going.

Last edited:

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope its always been a MIC top. Shows MIC on my DORA too.
Then I'd raise enough hell your dealer goes in there and changes it back. It could be as simple as Ford 99'd the wrong order.

Sponsored

Lilmule

Base
First Name
Dan Follett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx, 2001 Jeep xj
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was given a VIN and build date for my BD 4dr, 2.3L, auto, MIC Top with Mid package of 7/26. Still have not received any changes to my build do to plant shutdown that week. Dealer called yesterday and said it is still listed in the system as week of 7/26 so just out of curiosity called the # at Ford just now and they are still showing week of 7/26 as the build date. I assume something will have to change soon?
I have a build date too of 7/26, I haven’t heard anything.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Understand things are still moving around but I just called FoMoCo customer service. I went from 7/19 to 8/2 last week. Today when I called they informed me I’m now 8/16.

reservation was placed two hours after premiere.

4 door Badlands, 2.7, Lux, squatch, mic

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hopefully I'll hear something positive tomorrow. I can't switch to the softtop with prep kit yet because it is not in the system yet at the dealer. Maybe I'll get lucky and get my hardtop. 2.3 Big bend Mt with no other restrained commodities!

Ryhawk1

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As you're all painfully aware, production at MAP will be down 2 of the next 4 weeks as suppliers - mainly Webasto - struggle to produce nearly enough to satisfy the build demand. The thought behind the shutdowns is to allow these suppliers to get a running start, so to speak, for the start of "full speed" production on 8/2.

With that said, there is hope. MAP has absolutely hit its stride with Bronco production, and the entire production process from the body shop through final assembly has been completely smoothed out and perfected. Both yesterday and today, Bronco's dedicated body shop pumped out 200 complete Bronco shells *per shift*. This is a HUGE step forward in moving towards the 8/2 target.

As for blend of Broncos to Rangers on final assembly at that point, expect anywhere from 5:1 to 7:1, as commodities allow. With lots across the country struggling for inventory and so many Ranger configurations still buildable throughout these shortages, I expect that Ranger production won't be completely strangled.

Even with the June and July builds that were pushed back to August, there are LOTS of production slots for the August schedule that will soon be filled. I expect many more of you to receive VINs and build dates in the next few weeks.

The biggest problem remains Webasto, and MIC hard tops will complicate the more straightforward build scheduling they were hoping for well into MY2022. IF you have a reservation from late July or later, want your Bronco soon, and can live with a soft top for a bit, take the option to switch to the HT prep kit soft top option that goes into production in September.

For you 2 door guys, early reservation holders should be hearing something soon. The fate of those late-July 2-door orders lie, unfortunately, in the newly-onboarded crew at Webasto.

Plans are still afoot to come back on 8/2 building as many as they can, but it's obvious the production blend won't be able to match actual orders until the roof issue is sorted... and we all know that's a ways off.

I'm a luck son of a bitch, my Bronco is sitting in my driveway now. I can tell you in all my experience that these rigs are worth the wait. Of course that's easier said on this side of the situation.
I'm a 7/14/20 reservation and 1/21/21 deposit for a 4dr velocity blue wildtrak w Lux pkg - hoping to get VIN/build email in July!? #praying

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For you 2 door guys, early reservation holders should be hearing something soon. The fate of those late-July 2-door orders lie, unfortunately, in the newly-onboarded crew at Webasto.
Thank you for taking the time to keep us common folk in the loop! If you have time I'd appreciate your thoughts:

I reserved 7/14 @ 1 am CST (2dr badlands + lux + 2.7 + optional wheels) and want SAS instead but not badly enough to wait... If you were in my shoes would you leave it as-is or put SAS back on?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.