Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First, do you have any grey poupon?

Second, depending on why you want the vinyl floors, I would probably recommend a 2 door Badlands non-sasquatch mid or high package. The mid package gets you the bulk of creature comforts, but the 12" display, 360 cameras, and other features of the high package help resale value and are useful off-road. If cloth with carpet is acceptable, then I would also consider the Outer Banks trim with the high package, but you can't get the sway bar disconnect or front locker. You can get the front locker with sasquatch package or rear locker only with the advanced 4x4 transfer case, if that's important to you.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Black Diamond is arguably the best Bronco trim there is and if I could have gotten High Package with it I wouldn't have bought a Badlands. MGV seating smokes the leather as far as comfort and I think it actually looks better as well.

Secondly, if you want one within the next year youre going to have to buy off the lot and expect $5k+ adm if not more for a 2 door.
Ford Bronco Prospective Buyer looking for input. IMG_20221019_152509

Personally, Black Diamond vs Outer Banks, I am going with the Outer Banks adv 4x4, rear locker, Lux, and Tow every time. I love the cloth interior in the Outer Banks.

Sure, having a front locker and heavier front axle is better off-road, but my non-sasquatch OBX can do 95%+ that any other non-Raptor Bronco can do.

It's my daily driver with 60k miles in the past 14 months.

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this rate we are talking about MY 2024. Both Ford and Jeep are expecting refreshes, and the competition is heating up. Since you’re already 6-12 months out, I would recommend just waiting to see what everyone introduces this fall, and see what you want to get an order in for for 24. It’s likely to be a lot better than the early adopter garbage we’ve all had to put up with.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If heated seats are a must have, I'd get the minimum trim they're available on....

Off topic, but how do you like the Coopers? Coopers are my go to for replacement normally, so I'm curious how they are on the Bronco...
I love them. I had them on my F150 and was convinced how great they were. On the Bronco, fantastic. Not much road noise, well balanced, excellent feel on the highway and they are designed well for snow and off-road usage. They also come without the letters. My Nephew has them on his 2019 Ranger and is very happy with them too.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had mine since November 2021 I have 8,300 miles. It's insanely comfortable. Drives down the highway just like my F150..soo smooth! The fun taking the top off provides is unexplainable. I personally checked every box I could on mine, I figured it's my first brand new vehicle I might as well go crazy. Adaptive cruise, heated steering wheel, Sasquatch package..blah blah

Personally the dealership experience has tainted me slightly, not the trucks fault.

A black diamond with heated seats and rear locker sounds like a bargain if it fits all your wants and needs.

Ford Bronco Prospective Buyer looking for input. 20220620_171729

Sponsored

The Claw

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A couple of things. the Bronco that makes sense is the base model with a couple of options for 35K. This would include roof rails, hard top, modular bumper. For another 3500 add katskin leather interior (2500 installed) and billstien 5100's shocks (1K installed) after delivery. All in 38K and for that price it is a decent truck. If you run into problems then not a huge loss and there are people who are having problems. The smaller motor is superior as it is a longer running platform (been in the mustang for years). The drivetrain on the base model is identical to the other models. Most people are buying the 58 to 75 K versions which make no sense. At that price point the LR Defender is in a different class.
But the LR Defender doesn’t have a badass bucking bronc on the tailgate. J/s

JojoReady

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Apologies for my poorly worded reply, Sas is a bargain. I chose the Sasquatch package (Base) over vinyl flooring (BD), both my wants were going to cost me roughly the same money. I believe I may add the BD flooring this summer, should cost about a grand.
Unfortunately for OP, basesquatch will not be an option when the order boards open up again. The current scheduling barrage is to “balance out“ the schedule for the year for basesquatch, and MT. The previous scheduling round was to “balanced out“ schedules for Everglades and nonSAS optional wheels. No more of these options or trims will be scheduled for the rest of MY23.

With reservations and price protection gone, there will be a significant shake up in the model offerings for MY24. Base squatch will likely not be available.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just test drove one and for me - the road and wind noise from a soft top was much better than what I expected. What I was shocked about was engine noise...damn that thing is noisy and does not sound great!
Huh? Was something wrong with it…?

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For a daily driver, and you want this year, I would order a 2.3 OBX Soft top. I would get the pre order in now so when the dealers can key orders in late March, I believe they will start scheduling those builds in May. They are making a push to build the remaining 37,000 Bronco’s before they begin scheduling new orders that will be coming in when the banks open.

Sponsored

MudMonsterRacin

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A couple of things. the Bronco that makes sense is the base model with a couple of options for 35K. This would include roof rails, hard top, modular bumper. For another 3500 add katskin leather interior (2500 installed) and billstien 5100's shocks (1K installed) after delivery. All in 38K and for that price it is a decent truck. If you run into problems then not a huge loss and there are people who are having problems. The smaller motor is superior as it is a longer running platform (been in the mustang for years). The drivetrain on the base model is identical to the other models. Most people are buying the 58 to 75 K versions which make no sense. At that price point the LR Defender is in a different class.

We just took an order to the dealer the other day for a base 2 door non sas, mod bumper aux switches keyless entry and automatic and it was 36615 msrp and 39k out the door after tax title etc. The days of getting a bronco that cheap is gone unless you get zero options. Salesman thought he could slip the order in on the 26th but it didn't go though, I don't think, because my wife didn't get an email. The new date is supposed to be March 27th for new orders. Good luck OP its a crap shoot.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unfortunately for OP, basesquatch will not be an option when the order boards open up again. The current scheduling barrage is to “balance out“ the schedule for the year for basesquatch, and MT. The previous scheduling round was to “balanced out“ schedules for Everglades and nonSAS optional wheels. No more of these options or trims will be scheduled for the rest of MY23.

With reservations and price protection gone, there will be a significant shake up in the model offerings for MY24. Base squatch will likely not be available.
That post was meant for clarification, of my previous post, I had basicly said the BD is his best choice, without being able to order the Base Sasquatch. I don't see a shake-up in trims going forward, perhaps some small tweaks.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello all, hoping to engage in some general conversation as I work through deciding how serious my family is about adding a 2D 6G Bronco to the garage in the next 6-12 months. I’ve found that enthusiast forums are a great place to collect information that otherwise is scattered across the web. I also know the frustration of answering the same questions on a daily basis, so I ask your patience.

As background, I typically order through a local long time dealer, but not opposed to taking from inventory. My last Ford, a 2021, was around 4 months from order to delivery day, not bad. And that’s the first question:

I know the Bronco has been plagued by both production and delivery delays, along with much of the industry. Do we see this changing materially in the next 6-12 months? Anecdotal evidence suggest there may be more Bronco inventory on the lots. We know sales have slowed across the industry, is that coming to the Bronco?

Second question: This would partially serve as the wife’s daily driver. She drives a truck now, and is not fragile, but how are real world creature comforts, specifically noise and climate?

Lastly, if you will indulge, I will have follow up questions based on the myriad of trims this thing is offered in. As a rule, I trend toward base or the lowest trim that can accommodate our requirements. This is one reason I like to go through the order bank. In this case, probably those requirements are AT, heated seats and maybe rear locker. Vinyl flooring is a plus … so the more I look, the more the Black Diamond (with mid pkg)seems to make sense.

Happy to get any feedback on the above and thanks for your time.
What kind of off-roading will you guys be doing with the Bronco?

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It rides like a truck, as expected.
Immediately thought "has a 2dr" , looked at user image avatar... lol.

It is a bit "bucky" with the short wheel base and Load Range C tires, but with the factory base wheels, it actually rode very well.
I really want to try out some SL rated 33's now, and see how they compare.
My 35" Toyo's (C) are pretty damn stiff. I have them aired down to 30 psi because they were downright dangerous in rain and , well, anything other than dry clear roads.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see a shake-up in trims going forward, perhaps some small tweaks.
The insiders had a small side discussion about the Base trim right when the latest news broke. There was some side note involved. They never got into details, not that I saw.
Base and EG were mentioned in it.
Perhaps they were "balancing those out" for the year? One birth pic I saw had 4 EG Broncos in the background.
Sponsored