Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought Sasquatch takeoffs specifically to put real beadlock rings on them so leaving them alone isn't an option. Hopefully I won't have too many messed up ones.
I have 5 Wildtrak take offs that I'm selling...which means they already have the black beauty ring if anyone is interested :D lol
Sponsored

dfresh73

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So is the bit a torx 45 or a torx plus 45?

awilson

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I stripped 3 of the bolts before getting smart and loosening them a full turn manually before taking them the rest of the way out with a drill. What was awesome is as I was taking them off, I found a 4th that was stripped at the factory and had a hard ass drill bit or something else broken off in it so it was damn near impossible to drill to put the ez out in it to remove it. Total pain. Took me almost as long to get the stupid rings off as it did to sandblast them to get powdercoated :) Planning to clean the thread lock off of mine and put anti seize on them before reinstalling.

dfresh73

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you get the bolts off, you might try cleaning out the threads and truing them with a thread restore kit, not a tap/die set. The restore kit does not eat away at threads like a tap/die set will.

I got my set from Lang, which is identical to the Snap On set without paying for the name.

Sponsored

Jeff_Bronco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The problem is mixing alloys and metal. I've worked in a specialized truck manufacturing company and you just can't mix stainless bolts with alloy. The same applies to aluminum on steel frames. You'll get oxidation in the alloy (aluminum). If the threads are cross stripped, get a machinist to install Helicoils. There are products you can use to prevent this (like anti-seize). If you can, I'd suggest you do this ASAP when you get your Bronco. This way, if you want to take the beauty rings off in a later time, you don't have any problem.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had issues removing mine when getting them powder-coated. The fact that nearly everyone is having problems with them should indicate we raise a concern to Ford. Isn't there some type of association for consumers to raise issues with big companies?

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found this thread here on a similar issue a Bronco 6G user was having.

Clearly, this is not an isolated incident, I just hope I can convince my dealer to work with me on this one with Ford. :(
Yes, that was my thread. Here's the video when I was having the problem and the final result is listed after the video below. May help with solutions.

FINAL UPDATE: The dealer was able to remove the bolts, re tap, and put new bolts in. Took about four hours. The dealer did not charge and made it a warranty issue. Confirmed that the bolts were indeed not installed correctly from the factory.

RECOMMENDATION: Feel free to remove the rings, but if you run into a bolt that seems very hard to turn. Stop and put it back in. There's a good chance there are more and you risk stripping the bolts.

IF YOU'VE ALREADY STRIPPED THE BOLTS: Call the dealership service manager and go through him. Have them order the new bolts and make an appointment for repair. Calling Ford warranty department is pointless. Only the dealership service manager has the authority to make it a warranty issue (be very cool to him)

The service manager is the go to guy for this issue. The wheels are not covered under warranty, but the tires are. The service manager has to work with Ford to make it a warranty issue. Luckily, Newberg Ford has been wonderful to me and always seem to do the right thing.

Feels good to have Bubbles back together again.

I've since removed the wheels and replaced them with Black Diamond wheels:
Ford Bronco PSA: Beauty Ring Bolts -- Removal Issues & Replacement Cost - BE AWARE! ee

Last edited:

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I removed my screws with a Snap-On socket and an electric impact gun. They all came off just like any other bolt I have ever removed. The new Ford Beadlock Bolts are torqued to 48 Ft. Lbs with NO Locktite or Anti-seize.
Here's a picture of the new Ford Beadlock Rings.
Ford Bronco PSA: Beauty Ring Bolts -- Removal Issues & Replacement Cost - BE AWARE! IMG_1934 (1)

Sponsored

Broncus Amongus

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been down this road before with mine. Had to have two removed by the dealer.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is one of the reasons I didn’t get the beadlocks on my Raptor.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Use a 1/2" speed handle with the proper bit. Best tool for the job. I had zero issues once the thread lock was broken. It really isn't that big of an issue.

Mike D

Outer Banks
First Name
MikefromAACO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just prepped and painted my trim rings in place to avoid this problem. It was a bit tedious, but worked out fine.
I’m actually thinking of doing the same thing. Part of me feels like I’m taking the lazy way out and part of me feels like it’s just the sane way to go at this point. Definitely not trying to deal with any stripped bolts. Once my tires need to be replaced, I plan on going with custom aftermarket wheels anyway. I’m willing to spend the time to properly tape off and index before I paint, I’m not really feeling any downside to do it this way. Hopefully someone tells me if I’m wrong, maybe there’s a downside I’m not thinking of…

Last edited:

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I took some bolts off my modular bumper and a couple were cross-threaded. Seeing this makes me afraid to remove bolts anywhere else.
Sponsored