gmac

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would buy the factory one from your dealer and have them install. Worth the money imo. My threads on one rim seemed to be threaded wrong. the rim is threaded for 24 bolts to accommodate the real bead lock. The threads that were not holding the beauty ring would not thread correctly so there was no way they were cross threaded or stripped by myself. Other 4 wheels were fine.
Sponsored

awilson

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are NOT Torx Plus. They are Torx. Stop spreading misinformation.
s-l500.jpg
unnamed.jpg
I did in fact use a TorxPlus bit when I removed mine. I just went back and checked and sure as shit, I used a TP40, not a TP45 or T45. Probably why I stripped a few with the power ratchet :) Thanks for the correction.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel so old school and slow...so many people put a power tool to anything with threads on it. I always reach for a ratchet or breaker bar unless I need a couple hundred lb ft of torque. I'm sure it's because I grew up working on cars with hand tools, before the battery powered gizmos were available.

Mike D

Outer Banks
First Name
MikefromAACO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I decided to bite the bullet and paint my beauty rings black. I had no issues at all removing or reinstalling the bolts, although I did take it pretty slow and did it by hand (no electric or impact) given all the previous comments on this topic. Very happy with how it looks, I’m done for now, I really like it the way it is and probably won’t be changing much else.

035219D9-DB36-488F-A1DF-B025A09E6DCD.jpeg

38A00AAA-2D4B-44DF-91FF-E043DE30A0B7.jpeg

Mike D

Outer Banks
First Name
MikefromAACO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Took mine off to paint. Zero issues whatsoever, for what it’s worth. Did it by hand to ensure nothing cross threaded. Was warned against using an impact. I also took the time to remove the yellow factory thread lock and blow out any dried pieces after I removed the bolts.
Exactly how I did it, no issues whatsoever but I was a little nervous jumping into it based on this thread.

Sponsored

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I removed mine a few months after I got my Bronco, hearing the horror stories, so I could give them a coat of never seize. A few were tight, just be gentle, using an impact or anything but a ratchet and patience will break anything.

Kayphix

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had no issues removing and reinstalling mine. Just used hand tools and then removed the threadlocker material. Literally just finished mine.

Ford Bronco PSA: Beauty Ring Bolts -- Removal Issues & Replacement Cost - BE AWARE! PXL_20230101_163834092

Giordiesel

Wildtrak
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Took mine off to paint. Zero issues whatsoever, for what it’s worth. Did it by hand to ensure nothing cross threaded. Was warned against using an impact. I also took the time to remove the yellow factory thread lock and blow out any dried pieces after I removed the bolts.

did the same w/o an issue, maybe I got lucky

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought Sasquatch takeoffs specifically to put real beadlock rings on them so leaving them alone isn't an option. Hopefully I won't have too many messed up ones.
How did this turn out? Actual beadlock rings?

Sponsored

MsPickles

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been following some of these threads about the troubles with the beauty rings, so never attempted it. But I got screwed last week, in the bad way. :(
So while calling around to see what shop could get me patched, I debated removing the ring. What I didn't want happen is have some "kid" who has never seen one of these rings before, just mutilate the bolts because they thought they had to take the ring off. So I went for it. Pulled the tire off the vehicle and laid it on the ground. With the tire on the ground, I did have the advantage of gravity helping to make sure the torx 45 was full seated in each bolt, and used a breaker bar with 6" extension to just crack all 12 bolts. Once cracked, used a ratchet to get a feel for the bolts coming out for a couple turns. All 12 felt ok, tight, but not like cross threaded. Then used my impact on low setting and backed all out, no issues. It seems that most of the yellow locktight remained on the bolt, and not much left in the wheel. So just blew out the holes with air and ran all 12 bolts through a 10mm 1.5 die to remove all that yellow stuff. Worked really well, bolts came out with barely any remnants on them. After the tire was repaired, anti-seize all the bolts and re-installed the ring. No issues.
Since 1 was down, I went for the remaining 4. I did take each tire off one at a time and did them the same way. Felt I had great leverage with them flat on the ground, and with the 6" extension, I was able to hold the breaker bar exactly over the bolt, to make sure it wasn't at any angle that could cause the torx to strip out. So all 5 done, 60 bolts removed, and fixed up and re-installed with anti-seize. :)
Also, these 35" SAS tires are heavy, weighed in at 88 lbs each. Enough of a work out for me. lol Not sure what'll happen when I do 37s at next tire replace. ;)

20221228_105133.jpg

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had no issues removing and reinstalling mine. Just used hand tools and then removed the threadlocker material. Literally just finished mine.

Ford Bronco PSA: Beauty Ring Bolts -- Removal Issues & Replacement Cost - BE AWARE! 20221228_105133
Did you paint or powder coat? Velocity blue rings🤩

Kayphix

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you paint or powder coat? Velocity blue rings🤩
I painted. I was getting quotes for powder coating of like $400-500. I bought the paint for $70. Unsure of durability long term but time will tell.

Reactions: 0ne

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I painted. I was getting quotes for powder coating of like $400-500. I bought the paint for $70. Unsure of durability long term but time will tell.
👍what was the process to get color matched aerosols? Where did you get it? I’m also along front range CO, thx
Sponsored