Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted a Base/2-door/Manual/2.3/Sasqueezie.

Disappointed with recent revelations, but nothing has been a deal-breaker yet. I'll just need to do some serious thinking about what config will get me *most* of what I want.

I may even abandon the idea of a manual. Not sure...
Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still in as of right now, but I'm pretty peeved that I have to keep making exceptions along this journey. Seems really impossible to me that they didn't think a bunch of us would want the biggest motor + 7 spd. + the lowest gearing + the biggest tires + the highest lift + stabilizer bar disconnect.

I want a Badass package.

But instead I'll settle for Badlands with a 4cyl, and settle for 33s, and hope to God that the 2" factory lift is indeed an option, but then have to eventually buy larger tires.

It is a mental strain to have to SETTLE, when talking about spending 50K+ . . .

But . . . because Bronco.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted a Base/2-door/Manual/2.3/Sasqueezie.

Disappointed with recent revelations, but nothing has been a deal-breaker yet. I'll just need to do some serious thinking about what config will get me *most* of what I want.

I may even abandon the idea of a manual. Not sure...
I hear ya, though Manual was never negotiable

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m still in. Was on the fence about squatch package anyways. Still canā€™t decide what trim I want but will be 2 door 2.3 manual either way. Waiting for build and price to go live...

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still in as of right now, but I'm pretty peeved that I have to keep making exceptions along this journey. Seems really impossible to me that they didn't think a bunch of us would want the biggest motor + 7 spd. + the lowest gearing + the biggest tires + the highest lift + stabilizer bar disconnect.

I want a Badass package.

But instead I'll settle for Badlands with a 4cyl, and settle for 33s, and hope to God that the 2" factory lift is indeed an option, but then have to eventually buy larger tires.

It is a mental strain to have to SETTLE, when talking about spending 50K+ . . .

But . . . because Bronco.
True.

At least it's easier to get power out of the 2.3t than the Wrangler's 3.6

Ford Bronco Who's NOT disappointed enough to be like "THIS IS IT!!1!" 1595007141804

My old '16 EcoStang, just without a Downpipe

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m still in. Was on the fence about squatch package anyways. Still canā€™t decide what trim I want but will be 2 door 2.3 manual either way. Waiting for build and price to go live...
Ford Bronco Who's NOT disappointed enough to be like "THIS IS IT!!1!" 1595007026095

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
The biggest issue is the lack of a decent engine. If Bronco is to attract non-Ford customers they need to have something that doesnā€™t feel like a huge downgrade. Most people typically donā€™t move downmarket on new purchases.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or gauging the reaction, like "How would they feel if we only offered X without Y"

Hopefully they address everything with the Alpha version
That is kind of what I'm thinking, I mean they have only had a select few people to say Hey this is nice, this is not nice, so maybe doing this will give them enough time and a actual community to actually get a gauge on what needs to be in the production runs.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is kind of what I'm thinking, I mean they have only had a select few people to say Hey this is nice, this is not nice, so maybe doing this will give them enough time and a actual community to actually get a gauge on what needs to be in the production runs.
Ford Bronco Who's NOT disappointed enough to be like "THIS IS IT!!1!" 1595007306372

NorthernBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335xi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not sure if i'll get anything done for a couple of days once it's released

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure if i'll get anything done for a couple of days once it's released
Same, depends on the weather and stuff, might have the top off

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more I think about it...the more I am heavily leaning on the idea of changing from a Black Diamond 4 door 2.3L 7spd to a Badlands 4 door everything Std 2.3L and 7spd and a hard top as the only add on. It will be a little more (assuming the Sasquatch was going to be 4k and could have been had with the auto) than the BD I wanted to build but not by much if I keep it Std options. Plan on keeping this thing for like 20+yrs so the extra couple grand over what I figured was going to be at least 42k is something I would kick myself in the ass for not stepping up to.

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

People complain about the manual options, but thereā€™s only a small population who want a manual IMO. If youā€™re a serious off roader, then youā€™re buying a base, ripping it apart, and replacing it with aftermarket anyways. Like already mentioned, people like to bitch.
Iā€™m really only slightly disappointed with the towing capacity (I have a boat) and the lack of color options.
Color - I think this is the only miss for me. I would have loved to see the bright colors from the 60s models or an OD green

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more I think about it...the more I am heavily leaning on the idea of changing from a Black Diamond 4 door 2.3L 7spd to a Badlands 4 door everything Std 2.3L and 7spd and a hard top as the only add on. It will be a little more (assuming the Sasquatch was going to be 4k and could have been had with the auto) than the BD I wanted to build but not by much if I keep it Std options. Plan on keeping this thing for like 20+yrs so the extra couple grand over what I figured was going to be at least 42k is something I would kick myself in the ass for not stepping up to.
Again,
Ford Bronco Who's NOT disappointed enough to be like "THIS IS IT!!1!" 1595007494252

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs