E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who the hell wants a small engine? Taking an engine no one wants and adding forced induction does not suddenly make it competitive with a normal sized engine.
Who the hell needs a big engine??? My 79' has a 408 stroker.. Big whoop it also gets like 2 smiles per gallon.. And yes adding forced induction makes it competitive with any N/A engine, and what is a "normal" size engine????

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Easier to swap a new Manual and Engine in than do an auto to stick swap

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base

In regards to the 2.7L:

" The specific output of the engine is now 121 hp/L, versus the 395-hp Ford Coyote 5.0L naturally aspirated V-8 which has a specific output of only 78 hp/L "
Not really impressive, I’ll leave the 2.7 to the euro cars.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who the hell needs a big engine??? My 79' has a 408 stroker.. Big whoop it also gets like 2 smiles per gallon.. And yes adding forced induction makes it competitive with any N/A engine, and what is a "normal" size engine????
Normal size is at least in the 300 cube range for American vehicles. No sense in dealing with tiny engines that can’t even hang normal sized engines without an air pump hanging off the side.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just because they’re aren’t offering exactly what you want right now doesn’t mean they won’t in the next model years. Is there that much of a need to “have it now” that you can’t wait it out a little?? You know this is new to Ford too. They have no idea what options or options grouped together will sell the best. I’m sure the next model year will see some regrouping and changes. If they don’t offer what you really want eventually then make a decision to settle, compromise or move on to something else

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldn't say I'm necessarily disappointed at all. For the most part I'm over the moon for this thing, so much that I cancelled my Day 1 Tesla Cybertruck reservation to jump in line for the Bronco.

Did I want the 2.7 with the manual? Sure. I'll be fine with the 2.3 though. But it's a decision that I understand from a business standpoint as the take rate overall is probably not that big.

Mostly there's just a few head-scratchers for me. Why go to the trouble of making it so off-road capable and then hide the easy-to-clean interior in a higher trim option? Why only offer the thing in - effectively - greyscale plus a couple other colors especially considering the color options on the Mustang?

I'm choosing not to look a gift horse in the mouth though. I keep waffling back and forth between like 4 or 5 different choices but realistically I'll go for as bare-bones as I can get in a 2 door with the manual and get adaptive cruise control. If Adaptive cruise isn't available with the manual I'll be sorely disappointed, but would then jump to 2.7/10-speed/Sasquatch.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just because they’re aren’t offering exactly what you want right now doesn’t mean they won’t in the next model years. Is there that much of a need to “have it now” that you can’t wait it out a little?? You know this is new to Ford too. They have no idea what options or options grouped together will sell the best. I’m sure the next model year will see some regrouping and changes. If they don’t offer what you really want eventually then make a decision to settle, compromise or move on to something else
I’m hopeful they will, attracting non-Ford customers will require that they at least bridge the gap from what many of us are coming from.

MallCrawlinBranco

Badlands
First Name
stevo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm definitely going to have to think more and look harder at the competition knowing the concessions, but I am still pretty sold on a 4dr 2.3 manual. For all my complaining I am still unbelievably excited that there are manufacturers out there ballsy enough to offer a manual, and the addition of a crawler gear is one hell of a cool deal. Ford seems to have done a fantastic job and I cannot wait to check one out.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ehhhh, had visions of teaching the kiddo on a manual Sasquatch.
I got upset, I'm over it now and am quite pumped.
Since I can't have the manual Samsquatch, I very welll may step up my game from a Black Diamond to a Badlands. I'll know more when we can price and configure.

In the mean time, once the 69 is back together, I'll teach her the manual on that!

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This HAS to be it. I have always been a new car junkie but nothing has excited me since the 1st gen Raptor the way the Bronco does. 2nd gen raptor... cool, but $75K come on.... Wrangler... looks great and pretty timeless (but that reliability.. ugh), plus I can't stand that I see 10 every direction I look.

Have an e92 M3.... when they got bloated in size and left the NA world, I was like.. meh. No M4 for me.

My wife tells me I will lose the enthusiasm I have (squirrel! :)), but I sure hope she is wrong. I haven't been this addicted to a forum and been a sponge of information since the original Raptor forum in 2012.

Last edited:

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

looks like its confirmed we'll need to buy the 'cargo tray' to get a flat load surface. Lose 3"-4" of height in the rear compartment. Not having seen it I hope its sturdy enough to have dogs bouncing around on top of it
I saw an image with the cargo tray, and those seat brackets still looks to be taller. Hopefully they aren’t final design.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Normal size is at least in the 300 cube range for American vehicles. No sense in dealing with tiny engines that can’t even hang normal sized engines without an air pump hanging off the side.
Ok I just to say this last thing and then I’m done with the engine “discussions” that are going between at least three threads.

A 300 cubic inch engine equates to 4.9L! I think everyone can categorically agree that the average engine size for American vehicles is nowhere near 4.9 liters.

Ford Bronco Who's NOT disappointed enough to be like "THIS IS IT!!1!" 1595107904012

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
A 300 cubic inch engine equates to 4.9L!
Marginally unrelated but now you've made me pine for an updated Ford 300-6! Such a good engine. Would be super neat to see what Ford could do with the 300-6 with modern technology. It'll never happen but man it'd be cool if it did! Those things were absolutely bulletproof.
Sponsored