NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok I just to say this last thing and then I’m done with the engine “discussions” that are going between at least three threads.

A 300 cubic inch engine equates to 4.9L! I think everyone can categorically agree that the average engine size for American vehicles is nowhere near 4.9 liters.

1595107904012.gif
I never said anything about averages, 300 cubes would be well below the average I own.
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm still happy. Sure I wish I could pair the manual transmission to the 2.7 AND get all of the off-road tech in a First Edition, but I'm certainly not upset enough to change my mind. And i HATE HATE HATE automatic transmissions. The 10 speed is a hot pile of garbage and yet I'm still getting it, because the rest of the rig is almost exactly what I'm looking for. As much as we would all like to be able to spec every last detail exactly how we want it, these are still mass-produced vehicles. Not individually built custom rigs.

Last edited:

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not disappointed at all. I just adjust my order to fit my minimalist needs. Im glad we have a standard interior option without adaptive cruise, lane assist etc. Glad we get lockers front and rear on Badlands. Disappointed we havent seen a white top option. I can paint the top hopefully. Not disappointed with no manual on 2.7, was gonna order auto anyways. Im tired of shifting gears on my daily drive to work.

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm disappointed that I can't afford a striped down base 2dr. 2.3 manual for wheeling
And a 2.7 auto 4dr. Badlands mall crawler for well mall crawling

dhg1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do I have nitpicks about what's offered at launch? Yes.

I would like the manual on something other than the 2.3.

I also would like a v8, which I know isn't happening.

Only thing that would deter me from buying a first model year(besides my wallet) would be the possibility of a diesel dropping in 2022.

Sponsored

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m well on board with everything! It’s giant legos! If you don’t like something aesthetically then change it. Crying and stomping feet about color tops is asinine. If Ford catered to some of the smallest of gripes then they would go out of business and then there is still going to be someone who still isn’t happy. Ford knocked this out of the park. Mechanical wise. I’ll take Ford’s engineering over jeeps or an over priced landrover. They gave you a direct jeep competitor and the after market will accommodate to everybody’s needs. 80% of broncos won’t leave what equates to a rough dirt road. So whatever package you get, will be fine.

Broncosaur

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a Base/2 door/auto/2.3/hardtop guy, so I'm happy. Rear seat fold is my only disappointment.
I'm going to unbolt the rear seat and leave it in the woods somewhere with a note that says "if found throw it out"

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Normal size is at least in the 300 cube range for American vehicles. No sense in dealing with tiny engines that can’t even hang normal sized engines without an air pump hanging off the side.
Is the normal size statistic something you came up with or is there some facts? I mean it sounds like you have mind your mind up about it so there is no reason to keep arguing about what is happening. I would love a 5.0 in my bronco but I have other toys to fill my lust for that. The v6 is plenty for the Bronco, hell the ecoboost outsells the 5.0 in the F150..

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Normal size is at least in the 300 cube range for American vehicles. No sense in dealing with tiny engines that can’t even hang normal sized engines without an air pump hanging off the side.
Theres no replacement for displacement. I would prefer a 3.5 Eb or Coyote, but neither of these 4cyls are slouches. The 2.3 will do a 15 sec quarter mile @ over 90 mph and 0-60 in 6.5 seconds or so in the Ranger. It beats most in its class and most v8s of yesteryear. You have a Hummer H2? Ranger will outperform it as will Bronco 2.3. The only issue is towing but that’s more of a function of the suspension and not engine power.

The 2.7 in the Edge does 14 sec quarter mile and 5.5 secs to 60, as fast as my old 350Z lol. The Edge is around same weight as Bronco and Ranger.

Tune the 2.3 or 2.7 and you have another 50+ HP and even more torque. I can appreciate a V8 but the ease of getting more power out of factory turbos always Interests me.

Sponsored

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Im excited as hell. I havent purchased a vehicle for myself in 15 yrs. the last two have been great family vehicles that still serve us well, but aren’t that fun.
This is what ive always wanted in a non-sports car
Sponsored