Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The question for me is - if it isn't exactly what I want do I need it? Seriously, the reason I drive a base imprezza is because no one sold something I really wanted. So I bought the cheapest thing that gave me what I needed (AWD since I ski a lot and the road is often restricted to AWD or chains, plus they have a trooper checking about a third of the time it is restricted).

Worse yet, in the age of Covid and in the aftermath, my driving has plummeted and don't expect it to recover. I worked from home 30% of the time anyway and only went to "project offices". The project office concept looks to have died of covid. I was just outside checking on the garden and noticed my car looks abandoned. Sitting under the tree, seed pods stuck to aphid shit so thick the windows look frosted. I'm going to have to wash it before I go to the carwash....

Sooooo - If people aren't getting what they want why not walk? If people aren't getting what they want and think a complaint might get them what they want, why not complain?

That said there are a lot of whiny ass people who whine when they can't get something off the shelf that no one needs.

For the bronco - I can still get what I wanted but they showed me that sweet interior on the cactus gray model and I loved it. I'll only be disappointed now because they showed me what was possible (those assholes ; ).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember, this is a Ford, not a Range Rover.

Aftermarket takes care of everything

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The question for me is - if it isn't exactly what I want do I need it? Seriously, the reason I drive a base imprezza is because no one sold something I really wanted. So I bought the cheapest thing that gave me what I needed (AWD since I ski a lot and the road is often restricted to AWD or chains, plus they have a trooper checking about a third of the time it is restricted).

Sooooo - If people aren't getting what they want why not walk? If people aren't getting what they want and think a complaint might get them what they want, why not complain?

That said there are a lot of whiny ass people who whine when they can't get something off the shelf that no one needs.
Same boat. I was so excited for this to finally launch and now I’m just like meh. I mean it’s a beautiful design but leaves some things to be desired so I’m like I could just get the very best rav 4 for significantly less.... eh....

PR4X4

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ and Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can't please everybody. Ford didn't have to offer 35s at all much less as an option on EVERY trim. Same with front and rear lockers. They could have put 35s on the 1st Edition, waited 2 or 3 years then maybe offer them on the Badlands/Black Diamond, build a little buzz once all the hype dies down. This forum is a very small representation of the general population, most of which IMO want autos. If you can't live with an auto slap a factory or aftermarket lift kit on the thing and put some 35s on. After all pretty much everyone who puts 35s on a Wrangler does this (I think a stock Rubi may fit 35s without a lift?), no option for 35s and you only get the lockers on the highest trim level. I myself am very pleased with Ford and the new Bronco.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same boat. I was so excited for this to finally launch and now I’m just like meh. I mean it’s a beautiful design but leaves some things to be desired so I’m like I could just get the very best rav 4 for significantly less.... eh....
Not being an ass but were you cross shopping this against a RAV 4?

Sponsored

HickoryHouse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Optima Turbo... Can it last till the Bronco comes out?!?!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was pretty bummed initially with the lack of Squatch with a manual. However after thinking about, its still a bit frustrating but the Bronco is pretty killer so I think I can deal for a while with the smaller tires. Besides, half the fun is modding the thing right?

I will be dailying the truck for the first few years anyway so maybe the 33's aren't so bad for that part of the beast's life. Upgrade to 35's later on?

Much to think about and a lot of time to think with. Once the build and price tool comes out that will answer all questions for me I think.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cylinder count means a lot, displacement means the most, and two tiny 2.x engines suck.
In what way do they "Suck"?

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember, this is a Ford, not a Range Rover.

Aftermarket takes care of everything
Sure if you want to spend the time and money. But at that point if you want the pain and suffering associated with "upgrading" a 40k-50k vehicle you might consider starting with a 10k vehicle and aftermarket to your hearts content.

The "aftermarket" takes care of everything idea would make more sense if say I could buy the bronco without seats and at less cost and then buy the seats I want or "hey - just leave the bumpers off mine and reduce the cost accordingly".

We'll see - Once we get the real final options and cost I can make a decision. All considered - it looks pretty good.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cylinder count means a lot, displacement means the most, and two tiny 2.x engines suck.
Depends on the engine, I mean it was one thing when 2.x turbos were for Tuners and were special, now Malibu Barbie and her daughters can get a generic car with a generic 2.0t and it just kills what used to make them unique, double as much if it's also "AWD"

2.3t though is pretty sick and has potential, just the first one I had was also in a Mustang xD

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get it:

No Sascrotch for Manual's
2.7 is Auto only
No Shamrock
3500lbs Towing
Hardtop for 2dr's
etc.

But overall I'm happy with what's what, and I'm still on board, even if a few things changed. Not really bashing the people who are disappointed enough to vent, just more asking who here's like "It sucks, but still here"
that's me. that stuff sucks, but (1) towing package might coming out soon (2) hardtop looks better than soft top anyhow. i could deal with an auto because i will do more daily driving then wheeling, anyhow

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who the hell wants a small engine? Taking an engine no one wants and adding forced induction does not suddenly make it competitive with a normal sized engine.

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'll be honest, I'm just feeling like people are assuming too much when we know too little. I'm very excited for the Bronco, but I'm not jumping to conclusions on anything yet. We'll get the configurator in August where we can actually see what our options are. Wait for some initial car review videos to give us a better idea/perspective as well.

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

In regards to the 2.7L:

" The specific output of the engine is now 121 hp/L, versus the 395-hp Ford Coyote 5.0L naturally aspirated V-8 which has a specific output of only 78 hp/L "
Sponsored