Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Repair shop quoting about 20k to repair. ETA is about a month and a half. I’ve read nightmare stories on here about wait times in repair shops. Is it still really bad?

Only had my car since last September, super bummed.

Ford Bronco Rear ended on Sunday :(  $20K repair estimate! [Update: TOTALED] IMG_2128

other guys car, think he was texting. Hit us full speed, while we were waiting to turn at the light.
Ford Bronco Rear ended on Sunday :(  $20K repair estimate! [Update: TOTALED] IMG_2131
Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah it’s crazy. Doesn’t look too bad in the photo, but needs new frame.
Whats crazy is not long ago someone said there's was totaled because it needed a frame.

Sponsored

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Repair shop quoting about 20k to repair. ETA is about a month and a half. I’ve read nightmare stories on here about wait times in repair shops. Is it still really bad?

Only had my car since last September, super bummed.

Ford Bronco Rear ended on Sunday :(  $20K repair estimate! [Update: TOTALED] IMG_2131

other guys car, think he was texting. Hit us full speed, while we were waiting to turn at the light.
Unfortunately we live in a town full of bad drivers, and we’ve been victims of such more times than I care to count. My response has been boiled down to the following 2 questions:
1. Is everyone okay?
2. Can it be fixed? (Because having a vehicle totaled is never a pleasant experience.)

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We’ll see what USAA says to me, got the estimate from the shop back only a little bit ago.
Not sure if they still use 80% as a gauge. Definitely should be under that.

OP
OP
Emiphb

Emiphb

Outer Banks
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Unfortunately we live in a town full of bad drivers, and we’ve been victims of such more times than I care to count. My response has been boiled down to the following 2 questions:
1. Is everyone okay?
2. Can it be fixed? (Because having a vehicle totaled is never a pleasant experience.)
I’ve been out of work since it happened due to neck and back pain, hopefully only temporary, have a follow up appointment with the doc next week.

I really hope it can be fixed and isn’t totaled out. Waited forever for this car and feel really attached to it.

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Based on my experience, I will say there's much more than $20k in damages.

Two years ago, I was involved in a minor car accident. A guy in an Acura backed into the passenger door of my Grand Cherokee. The grand total for the repairs was around $7k, and that damage didn't even look like a 1/3 of what happened to your Bronco.

Ford Bronco Rear ended on Sunday :(  $20K repair estimate! [Update: TOTALED] 1716515290593-q

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been out of work since it happened due to neck and back pain, hopefully only temporary, have a follow up appointment with the doc next week.

I really hope it can be fixed and isn’t totaled out. Waited forever for this car and feel really attached to it.
It’s totaled man. But you’re also hurt, so call that lawyer and lean in hard.

I’d give that loser with his old crap car and not caring attitude a load of financial ruin to learn from. Show no mercy.

Hope it works out for you.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine was totaled from frame damage. If the airbags deployed and the frame is damaged it'll be totaled.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s totaled man. But you’re also hurt, so call that lawyer and lean in hard.

I’d give that loser with his old crap car and not caring attitude a load of financial ruin to learn from. Show no mercy.

Hope it works out for you.
Also, trust me, what hurts now will hurt forever and get worse down the line. My accident was back in October and I still have issues with my wrists.
Sponsored