Christina Fisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello Bronco peeps!

I just wanted to post the National Transportation number to file an official complaint and to initiate recalls

1-888-327-4236

I filed a complaint today regarding the soy based wiring , this attracts rodents. I just had $350 worth of damages to the engine wiring by a squirrel. I have 2023 Black Diamond with less than 10k miles . Ford will not cover under warranty and they suggest you file an insurance claim. My Bronco was undrivable due to the damage and had to be towed to the dealership.

Ford does not have a fix or preventative against this happening . I know others have had the same issue and had to pay out of pocket for the repairs.

The only preventative measures are Honda tape, peppermint oil . Again , this can happen over and over unless the wiring is changed out.

Please call the number and file a complaint so a recall can be issued !! I hope this does not happen to anyone else !
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Soy based wiring you say...this is a new one to me but I live a fairly sheltered life. Where did you get this info?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this is just a Ford issue. Don't all/most vehicle manufacturers use similar wiring?

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello Bronco peeps!

I just wanted to post the National Transportation number to file an official complaint and to initiate recalls

1-888-327-4236

I filed a complaint today regarding the soy based wiring , this attracts rodents. I just had $350 worth of damages to the engine wiring by a squirrel. I have 2023 Black Diamond with less than 10k miles . Ford will not cover under warranty and they suggest you file an insurance claim. My Bronco was undrivable due to the damage and had to be towed to the dealership.

Ford does not have a fix or preventative against this happening . I know others have had the same issue and had to pay out of pocket for the repairs.

The only preventative measures are Honda tape, peppermint oil . Again , this can happen over and over unless the wiring is changed out.

Please call the number and file a complaint so a recall can be issued !! I hope this does not happen to anyone else !
They starting doing this ~20 years ago. Not just Ford.

Was a problem then, still a problem today.

Sponsored

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is an actual problem. I had the same thing happen last month to my F150 work vehicle. :mad:

OP
OP

ChristinaFisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Christina Fisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
😂 😂 😂

Not gonna happen. Manufacturers have been using the same stuff for years. Europeans are the worst. I wouldnt even waste the time calling insurace for a $350 repair.
Never say never - just paid cash not worth a claim .

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this is just a Ford issue. Don't all/most vehicle manufacturers use similar wiring?
Exactly, this has been a thing for well over a decade, I doubt any success with this complaint...I believe the peanut butter and dairy industry is to blame! lol

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly, this has been a thing for well over a decade, I doubt any success with this complaint...I believe the peanut butter and dairy industry is to blame! lol
I'm assuming the CEO of the company that makes these wires may look something like this?

Ford Bronco Recall needed - Soy based wiring 1713888424836-as

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But if they change all the wiring insulation to non-edible, what will I snack on if I get stranded somewhere? 😱

OP
OP

ChristinaFisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Christina Fisk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But if they change all the wiring insulation to non-edible, what will I snack on if I get stranded somewhere? 😱
Lol, I don't care what they choose as long as it's not my Bronco

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree, but nothing will happen if we don't try and get it changed
Unfortunately, nothing will happen. Major car manufacturers all turned to soy based wiring to get Government relief if you want to call it that, in an effort to “go green”. Best you can do is park in a garage or get some type of under the hood “rodent blocker” contraption. It throws out either light flashes or some type of ultra sound they can’t stand.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.