Sponsored

Recommendations for Compressor + Accessories?

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I'd appreciate people's thoughts and recommendations for a good compressor. I've already loaded up my Badlands Squatch with a lot of serious off-road gear, and it sure is getting expensive! I'm impressed with the ARB built-in gear, but I'm looking at $1,000 to get that bought, installed, and accessorized. I'll put that money up, if it's really worth it, but are there cheaper alternatives?

I'm not committed to a built-on, and could make do with good gear in box. My desire is to be able to reflate to pavement PSI in 15-20 minutes, 30 minutes max, preferably with a 4-tire rig. ARB seems to be the reference standard, but what about other makes? VIAIR, for instance? How about makes and models to avoid?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience and expertise. If anybody knows of good Black Friday or Cyber Monday specials, so much the better!
Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been using an inexpensive Smittybilt compressor for years. Comes in a bag with coiled air hose and clamps to the battery. Works fine, no issues, and not expensive. Could decide later for something more...if ever.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A lot of people here have recommended the Napa maxi-trac compressors as a cheaper alternative to the ARB. They seem to be a good compressor with a high output.

I personally went with an under-hood ARB for ease of use.

I highly recommend the FasterFlate setup for airing up. I looked at all the 4 tire options on the market and felt they were the best. Their hoses are 300 psi rated, available in multiple lengths, and unlike the competition their hoses actually disconnect from the gauge for easier stowing.

https://fasterflate.com/

OP
OP

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I have been using an inexpensive Smittybilt compressor for years. Comes in a bag with coiled air hose and clamps to the battery. Works fine, no issues, and not expensive. Could decide later for something more...if ever.
Thanks. First, what Smittybilt model is it, and how long does it take to air up a 35? Could I hook up a 4-tire rig? I'm impressed with your vehicle collection. You seem to know what you're talking about--that, and they already banned you! :LOL:

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here, smittybuilt 5cfm around $150. Fills my 37’s in 10-15 minutes for all four. Not as fast a the twin ARB but good enough.

Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. First, what Smittybilt model is it, and how long does it take to air up a 35? Could I hook up a 4-tire rig? I'm impressed with your vehicle collection. You seem to know what you're talking about--that, and they already banned you! :LOL:
I've had onboard compressors, big compressors, and simple portable compressors. All work fine, it's just a matter of how much money you want to spend. Sure, a dual ARB compressor is bad ass, and convenient. But, a simple portable does exactly the same thing it just takes a few minutes longer. So, does it really matter if it takes 15 min or 20 min to air up? I don't have any times for air up, since in the real world it doesn't really matter. If you're alone, it doesn't matter, if you're in a big group others will have a similar compressor so it still doesn't matter. How much do you want to spend, how fast do you want it to be....they all get the job done. My compressor looks like the $126 one. My point is there is no wrong choice, just what you want to have, and how much you want to spend. I have considered getting a hard mount compressor to save space in the back of the Bronco, and for convenience, but not so I can air up quicker. So far, I haven't decided to do anything. On my rock buggy I have the single ARB, which I need for the air locker, but it also airs up tires when needed. Who's in a hurry when we're outdoors enjoying friends and scenery?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish I could hawk my wares but it's taking forever to get more compressors in. Looking like around Christmas at this rate. They are made in the same factory as the Maxi Tracs (which rumor has it may be discontinued by Napa).

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd appreciate people's thoughts and recommendations for a good compressor. I've already loaded up my Badlands Squatch with a lot of serious off-road gear, and it sure is getting expensive! I'm impressed with the ARB built-in gear, but I'm looking at $1,000 to get that bought, installed, and accessorized. I'll put that money up, if it's really worth it, but are there cheaper alternatives?

I'm not committed to a built-on, and could make do with good gear in box. My desire is to be able to reflate to pavement PSI in 15-20 minutes, 30 minutes max, preferably with a 4-tire rig. ARB seems to be the reference standard, but what about other makes? VIAIR, for instance? How about makes and models to avoid?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience and expertise. If anybody knows of good Black Friday or Cyber Monday specials, so much the better!

NAPA maxitrac. It's faster than ARB Dual and its 100 bucks.

OP
OP

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
NAPA maxitrac. It's faster than ARB Dual and its 100 bucks.
I like the looks of that. The negative reviews are mostly accessory items, like the hose fittings, easy to replace. I'm thinking, get a good sturdy box from Harbor Freight, put that in it, along with hoses and other tire stuff like my plug kit and tools, then I can just throw it in the back when I'm going wheeling, and eliminate the weight and all otherwise, as this is my daily ride. Listed at $140, minus 20% = $112. Thanks!

Tricky Dick, that looks an awfully lot like the TrickFlate 3000, slightly different housing. Any thoughts?

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I researched all of this eariler in the year and bought everything in mid-April. I looked at all of the compressor options and the best deal for the price was the SmittyBilt 2781, which cost me around $150. I then built my own 4-tire inflator/deflator system for another $150. I can air down four Sasquatch tires from 40psi to 20 psi in three minutes. Airing back up takes 10 or 11 minutes. I've done it a bunch of times and just use a timer on my phone so that I don't have to keep checking the pressure. It takes a little longer at higher altitudes or higher temperatures.

Researching this subject, there were supposedly better deals out there, but they were always out of stock or it was a promotion that is no longer active. Note that I had to change the chuck on the SmittyBilt from the weird thing that it comes with to one that matches up with common air tools.

This is the sytem in action:
Qy2mYdK.jpg

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the looks of that. The negative reviews are mostly accessory items, like the hose fittings, easy to replace. I'm thinking, get a good sturdy box from Harbor Freight, put that in it, along with hoses and other tire stuff like my plug kit and tools, then I can just throw it in the back when I'm going wheeling, and eliminate the weight and all otherwise, as this is my daily ride. Listed at $140, minus 20% = $112. Thanks!

Tricky Dick, that looks an awfully lot like the TrickFlate 3000, slightly different housing. Any thoughts?
They're effectively the same thing. If you are able to get one go for it, but I always hear they are out of stock.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wish I could hawk my wares but it's taking forever to get more compressors in. Looking like around Christmas at this rate. They are made in the same factory as the Maxi Tracs (which rumor has it may be discontinued by Napa).
But def worth it if the OP can hold out. TD’s compressor works fantastic!! I did not want a built in since both the wife and I have Broncos that we share off road duty.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked this Arb knock off on Amazon for $330 from a dare on here. Have it in tandem with my Arb (run dual duals) to a 3 gallon tank. Arb is under the hood, Knock off is under the rear of the truck. That knock off has been through hell under there. Been covered in mud, exposed to freezing temps, power washed multiple times. Still run like new.

Only differences, knock off has 100psi shut off, filters are the same minus Arb logo, fan stays on when powered up.

Have no issue recommending this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08G8NRWHW?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&th=1

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just run the standard bag it comes in. Might buy a box later. I use a 4 tire inflator/deflator…the MORRFLATE. I can air all 4 Sasquatch tires from 15-40 psi at once in about 2-3 minutes.

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs